VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Witw 2016 event info

38K views 72 replies 26 participants last post by  WiTW 
#1 · (Edited)

:heart: BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FINE FOLKS AT:heart:​

Wookies In The Woods is an annual gathering of R32 and Golf R enthusiasts.

Brought to you by the fine folks at UnitedMotorsport

www.wookiesinthewoods.com

LODGING INFO:

THE PLACE IS BOOKED. THEY PROBABLY HAVE CAMPING SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR SUPER REASONABLE PRICING :heart:

Fontana Village Resort
300 Woods Road
Fontana Dam, North Carolina 28733
Phone (800)-849-2258
Email: reservations@fontanavillage.com

SCHEDULE AND FAQ TO BE UPDATED SHORTLY

SEE YOU IN APRIL

HAVE A QUESTION? LOOKING TO GET INVOLVED? SPONSOR? WOOKIESINTHEWOODS@GMAIL.COM

thanks John!​

See less See more
#53 ·
all your dates are way off... well only by 1 number... anything happening on the thursday??? you have the event listed as april 14/15/16 on the about page... and on the event page only stuff on fri and saturday... (but fri the 17 and sat the 18... which are the wrong numbers... COMEON ABE!!!) on a side note if you guys need any help with anything I'm more than willing to help... arriving on wednesday night so let me know... third time driving down from Toronto Ontario Canada (in my lowly gti...)

#54 · (Edited)
blame the web guy

nothing is scheduled Thursday, there never is. get in town and relax, eat some grub.. get some gas.. make new friends.. drive. no phones or work. you will enjoy it. Third time down you should have figured this out by now ;) I cant locate where you suggest anything is listed on the 18th. so pm me a screenshot or something so I can correct it.

Thanks

:heart:

#55 ·
As part of my prep for WitW, I checked the Weather Channel extended forecast;: Robbinsville NC = RAIN. = go to Weather.com.pdf

:banghead: :thumbdown:

#60 ·
All good. i guess i was hoping for an extra day because this got so huge... My days off on the job i work let me come a day early anyways... it'll mean extra not so busy dragon runs..

in (just under) 2 weeks the weather will change... lets just hope thats its warm so the rain dries up like it did last year... damp in the morning and fun in the afternoon....

let me know if you need any help/setup for the safety meeting/RBQ and whatnot. and thanks for putting on a fantastic event... I'm sure the first time you put it on you never thought it would get 20 times as big...

Super stoked.. cant believe its so close...time flies

#62 ·
Sounds good... hopefully it'll be an incident free year this year.

food drive this year?? my wife and i brought 4 grocery bags of stuff last year... i know theres lots to do and going on... didnt see info on it.... because the .:Rbq is free/sponsored it should be mandatory for everyone to bring at least 1 item to show our love and support...

#64 ·
Well looks like im going to have an almost full car.. Cousin was coming down with me is having car issues (E36) and wont be ready in time.. i felt bad tell him to pound sand and his friends car might fall apart before we get out of CT.. so him and his buddy will be riding along with me and my brother.. Should make it a fun 13 hour trip..

So if you see the clown car with CT plates.. thats me.. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.