VWVortex.com - Tesla Model 3 prototype revealed - On-sale in late 2017 with a 215-mile minimum range and a base price of $35,000
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 297 of 297 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297
    Results 7,401 to 7,414 of 7414

Thread: Tesla Model 3 prototype revealed - On-sale in late 2017 with a 215-mile minimum range and a base price of $35,000

Vehicles
      Clownshoe, x5 3.5d, Tesla 3
      06-30-2020 03:25 AM #7401
      This group not being able to decide whether Tesla owners are pickier than average, or less picky, says all you need to know. The reality is car forum people are not "normal" people. Tesla getting away with paint issues other brand would be "crucified" for? Yeah, but... you also realize 99% of those "other brand" buyers *also* rarely wash their cars, let alone examine the paint with a depth gauge. Meanwhile, plenty of lists going around Tesla owners for what to "look for" on delivery. Known issues. Super ridiculously picky people looking to call out anything they see.

Saying Tesla quality issues are just because owners are pickier than average is delusional.
      So is acting like most people would even notice it on any other brand.

It is funny that we're still unironically predicting that the "majors" are gonna eat Tesla's lunch Real Soon Like Now, Any Day Now. Maybe it seems like a novel thought if it just crossed your mind, but mannn we've been hearing that for a long time. Not saying it won't happen. It probably will, somehow, some day. Meanwhile, I can just enjoy my car

Sorta reminds me of when I bought my first Mac back in 2002. I was a Linux guy before that. But the Windows people, man, how many man-years were wasted posting forum comments about how "once they have more than 1% market share they'll have a bunch of viruses and malware too!" Well, it might be right, it might be wrong. But meanwhile, I'm just here not worrying about that stuff.
      Supercar owners: If your housekeeper can afford to register their car in your state, so can you.
      We've got an amazing country; don't like the taxes in your state, you can just move. How many other countries have this freedom?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      19 GLI S, 16 Golf R, 91 B2600i
      08-01-2020 09:06 PM #7402
      German Court Suspends Driver For Adjusting Wiper Speed In Tesla Model 3

http://German Court Suspends Driver ... Tesla Model 3

A recent verdict from Germany will start a fascinating discussion. The Higher Regional Court in Karlsruhe confirmed that a driver would have to be suspended from driving for a month. He was sentenced to that because he drove his Tesla Model 3 into an embankment and hit some trees after trying to adjust the windshield wiper speed on the touchscreen.
      If you are going at a speed that causes you to run off the road before ESC can provide any assistance, you may not experience the benefits of ESC

Vehicles
      2019 Model 3 Performance, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2004 S2000
      08-01-2020 10:31 PM #7403
      Quote Originally Posted by S1ack View Post

Tesla could do a better job with this. I think it should be on the stalk like most cars.
      Slow Car Fast

5. 08-01-2020 11:18 PM #7404
      Quote Originally Posted by S1ack View Post

Having to focus on small controls on a touchscreen during a rain storm is dumb. I assume this is still the method. If you miss the exact portion of the screen you want to touch, the "card" seems to disappear.

Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

Vehicles
      1998 New Beetle. 2019 GSW
      08-01-2020 11:39 PM #7405
      I suppose you can keep pushing that single wipe button on the stalk until it is safe to operate the touch screen without running over some innocent trees.

08-02-2020 04:56 PM #7406
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      Having to focus on small controls on a touchscreen during a rain storm is dumb.
      Well you don't have to. Leave it on auto and it should just take care of everything on its own. The video shows that if you need a quick additional clearing of the screen, you can hit the wiper button on the left stalk too. I'm not advocating for doing away with wiper speed on the stock entirely like Tesla did, but it's a little over dramatic to claim you have to use the touchscreen to get the windshield cleared. They provide two methods to clear the windshield without the touchscreen: the auto setting and the manual button on the left stalk.

8. 08-02-2020 05:51 PM #7407
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      Well you don't have to. Leave it on auto and it should just take care of everything on its own. The video shows that if you need a quick additional clearing of the screen, you can hit the wiper button on the left stalk too. I'm not advocating for doing away with wiper speed on the stock entirely like Tesla did, but it's a little over dramatic to claim you have to use the touchscreen to get the windshield cleared. They provide two methods to clear the windshield without the touchscreen: the auto setting and the manual button on the left stalk.
      Or you can put Rain-X on the windshield and you don't have to use wipers. /s

Every other manufacturer has found a reasonable way to use a twist on the stalk to adjust the intermittent function that can be used without looking at it. Why move from a tried and proven method to something that seems more troublesome?
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

08-02-2020 06:10 PM #7408
      Every other manufacturer has found a reasonable way to use a twist on the stalk to adjust the intermittent function that can be used without looking at it. Why move from a tried and proven method to something that seems more troublesome?
      If everyone only did the same thing as what's been done before, innovation would not exist. Tesla is a company of experimentation. When you experiment, you'll have both hits and misses.

10. 08-02-2020 06:13 PM #7409
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      If everyone only did the same thing as what's been done before, innovation would not exist. Tesla is a company of experimentation. When you experiment, you'll have both hits and misses.
      With a world full of beta testers.

Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      08-02-2020 07:00 PM #7410
      With a world full of beta testers.
      https://jalopnik.com/one-week-old-tesla-model-x-has-catastrophic-suspension-1844564706

Vehicles
      08-03-2020 12:37 PM #7411
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post
      Tesla could do a better job with this. I think it should be on the stalk like most cars.
      Agreed. When we first got our car in 2018, the auto wipers were pretty bad. Had to know to use the wipe/wash button on the stalk until it was safe to use the screen control. Thankfully it was rarely an issue as it was summer. By the time the west coast rainy season arrived, the auto wipers were fairly well-sorted. I don't think I've touched them since. Then again, I haven't really driven it much since February
      Supercar owners: If your housekeeper can afford to register their car in your state, so can you.
      We've got an amazing country; don't like the taxes in your state, you can just move. How many other countries have this freedom?

13. Senior Member
      In a minivan by the river with a squirrel and rat
      Vehicles
      grey ghost wagon
      08-03-2020 01:31 PM #7412
      Quote Originally Posted by smoothsix View Post
      Agreed. When we first got our car in 2018, the auto wipers were pretty bad. Had to know to use the wipe/wash button on the stalk until it was safe to use the screen control. Thankfully it was rarely an issue as it was summer. By the time the west coast rainy season arrived, the auto wipers were fairly well-sorted. I don't think I've touched them since. Then again, I haven't really driven it much since February

Haahahahahah
      MOEW: ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ Zomg Zombies ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(×̯×)۶ ¯\(°_o)/¯

Vehicles
      2020 Tesla Model 3 LR Dual Motor
      08-03-2020 01:48 PM #7413
      Having to focus on small controls on a touchscreen during a rain storm is dumb. I assume this is still the method. If you miss the exact portion of the screen you want to touch, the "card" seems to disappear.

It's a massive pain in the ass. Made worse when you're left handed like me.

This is about the only thing I use the voice controls for now. "Luckily" it's at least very responsive to "Set wipers to 3" or whatever.

Vehicles
      Today 01:16 AM #7414
      Quote Originally Posted by syntrix View Post
      Haahahahahah
      That leaves an entire year for folks who are bad at calendars. And my wife drives it every day still, but I WFH.

Page 297 of 297 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297