VWVortex.com - Ferrari Testarossa vs. 512TR. Why such a price difference???
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari Testarossa vs. 512TR. Why such a price difference???

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2020 Toyota 86
      05-22-2020 12:22 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Another thing they'll always go into are things like (this is purely a made up example) "How owning a Ferrari 512TR is actually cheaper than owning a new Corolla". Then they'll go into the economics and depreciation. I mean I get it, and I understand how money works, the difference is that you need the money up front to procure the 512TR. Whether that be through special lines of credit or cash, there is a lot of money going in and out of these operations. Regardless of how much is actually going into their pockets.
      Those arguments are also often disingenuous anyway because you're assuming driving the Corolla 12k miles a year in all weather vs driving the Ferrari 120 miles a year on nice days.

Go put 150k miles on that TR, sell it, and add up the depreciation+maintenance costs... It won't be cheaper than the Corolla. Fuel alone would be a huge chunk of change, not to mention insurance. You don't get cheap insurance on a collector car if you actually drive it.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      05-22-2020 12:27 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Another thing they'll always go into are things like (this is purely a made up example) "How owning a Ferrari 512TR is actually cheaper than owning a new Corolla". Then they'll go into the economics and depreciation. I mean I get it, and I understand how money works, the difference is that you need the money up front to procure the 512TR. Whether that be through special lines of credit or cash, there is a lot of money going in and out of these operations. Regardless of how much is actually going into their pockets.
      Yeah plus if you buy a Corolla, you’re driving it daily. If you drive a TR daily you will kill its value and wrack up a ton of service bills. There’s a huge difference between buying a $17k Corolla, driving it 12k/yr for 10 years, and selling it for $2k, and buying a $75k TR, driving it 2k over 10 years, and selling it for $85k. One isn’t a substitute for the other.

Edit: Troy and I on the same page here
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

4. Member
      Vehicles
      Evo VIII, BMW e12, XTerra
      05-22-2020 12:29 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      What’s super intimidating is the apparent level of wealth, or at least car wealth, these guys have. Camissa has a half-dozen cars and a warehouse to store them in, none of them are super-expensive but the Ferrari and the Elise ain’t cheap either, that’s probably $100k right there. And the DT-H-S, he’s got a 500E, a half-share in a GT3, and a freaking Muira? Plus these guys live in one of the most expensive places on earth? Wow. Their personal economics are none of my business but jeez.
      I really enjoy the podcast and Cammisa, but yeah I agree with this sentiment.

Take a look at Cammisa's LinkedIn, he was an executive at some marketing company in the late 90's/early 00's before getting in the automotive journalism business.

Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      05-22-2020 12:34 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1.8t View Post
      I really enjoy the podcast and Cammisa, but yeah I agree with this sentiment.

Take a look at Cammisa's LinkedIn, he was an executive at some marketing company in the late 90's/early 00's before getting in the automotive journalism business.
      “Executive” and “advertising” often don’t mean what “executive” like in every other industry, it means low level sales schlub frequently. But I may be wrong.
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

6. 05-22-2020 12:52 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      You strike me as a man who loves to live dangerously. So, $85,000 or best offer. It's been for sale for about 6 months so I bet he'll take less. And it's a Monospecchio!

... Oh, did I forget to mention it has 98k miles? So, when does the S2K go on Craigslist?

https://redlineclassics.com/listings...flying-mirror/

Stupid question, but I notice this Testarossa doesn't have a passenger side mirror, but the one in the youtube video has it. Is there any specific reason as to why? The position of the mirror is different too. Different years?

Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      05-22-2020 12:53 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by Aw614 View Post
      Stupid question, but I notice this Testarossa doesn't have a passenger side mirror, but the one in the youtube video has it. Is there any specific reason as to why? The position of the mirror is different too. Different years?
      The monoposto (single mirror) models are the earliest (through ‘87?), later models had two lower-mounted mirrors.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      05-22-2020 01:39 PM #82
      What’s super intimidating is the apparent level of wealth, or at least car wealth, these guys have. Camissa has a half-dozen cars and a warehouse to store them in, none of them are super-expensive but the Ferrari and the Elise ain’t cheap either, that’s probably $100k right there. And the DT-H-S, he’s got a 500E, a half-share in a GT3, and a freaking Muira? Plus these guys live in one of the most expensive places on earth? Wow. Their personal economics are none of my business but jeez.

Also as much as I like their show, there is a bit of snobbiness that certain cars aren’t worth their time discussing, that you don’t get from a Leno or a Harry, and it is a little off-putting (like their show “911s are too common get something else”). I mean I get it but jeez.
      The costs of what's going on in the background for a lot of the well-known youtube video personalities is always fascinating. Most of these folks have at least one car that's fairly expensive (for most of us anyway) and many times, they have several of them. There is no free lunch out there however---the money has to come from somewhere: family money, youtube revenue, massive financing, multiple undisclosed side jobs. I find myself often asking "how does this person make the finances work"?
      How can Doug D have the collection he has based on his youtube presence and likely whatever his wife does?
      How does Matt F have the money to build his WCCG (including the various overages in cost he's had to endure) while basically having a bunch of side jobs? And maintain his collection of vehicles?
      How does Tyler Hoovie have the money to buy all these piles, get them repaired (at what is multiple thousands on most of the recent cars) and sell them at what he makes it seem to be a loss more times than not?

I'm sure I could go on? I think what all of these guys are doing is interesting in their own way and I'd love to grab a beer with any of them. I can't help but wonder the backstory for a lot of these guys. Savagegeese seems to be the only "normal" guy that I follow: quite his day job, sold his e92M3 to help fund the setup for his youtube channel, and basically drives beaters. I could see myself relating to that approach way more than the others. Like a lot of things that involve selling a lifestyle/personality, I'm sure there's some smoke and mirrors in there.

Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      05-22-2020 01:44 PM #83
      Doug D and Matt Farah I can understand.

Doug basically “levers up” his fleet over time, and he has massive YouTube scale. Matt F has a high rated podcast and presumably some backing from his business exec dad. A lot of the guys who are on their own I get, they eat what they can kill.

Guys like Jason and Derek I believe work for others, and therefore the headroom I would guess is a lot lower.

Vehicles
      2012 Chevrolet Cruze, 2016 Raleigh Merit Competition
      05-22-2020 02:09 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      The costs of what's going on in the background for a lot of the well-known youtube video personalities is always fascinating. Most of these folks have at least one car that's fairly expensive (for most of us anyway) and many times, they have several of them. There is no free lunch out there however---the money has to come from somewhere: family money, youtube revenue, massive financing, multiple undisclosed side jobs. I find myself often asking "how does this person make the finances work"?
      How can Doug D have the collection he has based on his youtube presence and likely whatever his wife does?
      How does Matt F have the money to build his WCCG (including the various overages in cost he's had to endure) while basically having a bunch of side jobs? And maintain his collection of vehicles?
      How does Tyler Hoovie have the money to buy all these piles, get them repaired (at what is multiple thousands on most of the recent cars) and sell them at what he makes it seem to be a loss more times than not?

I'm sure I could go on? I think what all of these guys are doing is interesting in their own way and I'd love to grab a beer with any of them. I can't help but wonder the backstory for a lot of these guys. Savagegeese seems to be the only "normal" guy that I follow: quite his day job, sold his e92M3 to help fund the setup for his youtube channel, and basically drives beaters. I could see myself relating to that approach way more than the others. Like a lot of things that involve selling a lifestyle/personality, I'm sure there's some smoke and mirrors in there.
      These are good points. Doug used to work at Porsche US headquarters doing reporting of sorts. His salary was obviously good enough for him to buy a Ferrari 360. Extrapolating from this he probably paid off all his student loans early, and had help from his parents. Doug is down to earth despite his newfound fortune.

Matt Farah's father is a multi-millionaire from working at Ralph Lauren corporate. He bankrolled his son's ventures during his move to California. Matt's father and a few other investors provided the funds for the Westside Collector Car Storage project. Matt is fairly down to earth but there are times that he is completely unrelatable.

Cammisa comes from family money as well but has had a long career. He is the least down to earth of the three, at least from his online persona.
      Last edited by DonPatrizio; 05-22-2020 at 02:16 PM.
      Kegels - Team MLP
      Pearl Jam - Hartford 10 | Soundgarden - Mansfield 11 | Chris Cornell - Torrington 11 | Rush - Bridgeport 12 | Soundgarden - NYC 13 | Soundgarden - Wallingford 13 | Pearl Jam - Worcester 13 | Chris Cornell - New Haven 13 | Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Hartford 14 | Steely Dan - Wallingford 14 | Yes - Mashantucket 17

Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      05-22-2020 02:20 PM #85
      Demuro was a low/middle manager at Porsche, he couldn’t have made more than $100-150k there I bet. Heard rumors that his cars started with some kind of insurance settlement from an accident. But what I mean but “levers up” is he bought, say, a $30k car and then used it to make $25k on YouTube and sold if for $25k, so now he spent $50k and used it to make $25k and on and on (numbers all made up).

He also strikes me as the guy, along with Huovie, who is most car-obsessed of the group as far as all his $$ goes to cars, he’s not also talking about fancy watches or other lifestyle crap; he’s a guy who spends every penny he can on cars and his next biggest splurge is used license plates and $20 blipshift shirts And I mean that in the nicest most respected way.

Vehicles
      05-22-2020 02:30 PM #86
      I agree. It's also wise to see some of these Youtubers move away from solely youtube revenue (ex. WCCS). There was another thread about this topic, but I think it's inevitable that once traffic starts slowing down their share of revenue will flatline quickly. The smart ones, like Doug, have saved a lot of their money for when this happens. I think Savagegeese is still one of the smaller still popular, car reviews. I hope he makes it.
      Kegels - Team MLP
      Pearl Jam - Hartford 10 | Soundgarden - Mansfield 11 | Chris Cornell - Torrington 11 | Rush - Bridgeport 12 | Soundgarden - NYC 13 | Soundgarden - Wallingford 13 | Pearl Jam - Worcester 13 | Chris Cornell - New Haven 13 | Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Hartford 14 | Steely Dan - Wallingford 14 | Yes - Mashantucket 17

13. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      05-22-2020 02:51 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by DonPatrizio View Post

Cammisa comes from family money as well but has had a long career. He is the least down to earth of the three, at least from his online persona.
      I'm not sure about his family, but from the folks I've talked to whom have spent time with him in person, they've all had very positive things to say about him. Matt Farrah, too. It's well known that Matt comes from money, and so he acts like he comes from money. But at the end of the day, as long as he isn't outright rude to people, either in person or online, then I have no problem with him. Sure he's a bit pompous, but it's been ingrained into him.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      05-22-2020 03:26 PM #88
      These are good points. Doug used to work at Porsche US headquarters doing reporting of sorts. His salary was obviously good enough for him to buy a Ferrari 360. Extrapolating from this he probably paid off all his student loans early, and had help from his parents. Doug is down to earth despite his newfound fortune.

Matt Farah's father is a multi-millionaire from working at Ralph Lauren corporate. He bankrolled his son's ventures during his move to California. Matt's father and a few other investors provided the funds for the Westside Collector Car Storage project. Matt is fairly down to earth but there are times that he is completely unrelatable.

And while all of this could be true, it's also 3rd hand/speculation on the internet. I've listened to Farrah quite a bit and he's fairly open to things he's had access to in life. But I've never heard him talk about the source of money for his various ventures (his collection of cars [I'm sure he got some type of deal on RL's AM], TST, and WCCS). For all I know you're super tight with M Farrah and he told you as much, but I also think a lot of people just speculate on what they think is happening with people. There was another thread on here about him some time ago and it just seemed like people were taking their guesses/speculation as fact. They would post a link to an article that said one thing, but they'd conclude something very different.

What I like about M Farrah is that he doesn't really shy away from his upbringing. And why should he? It happens--there are people out there who have access to a lot of resources even as kids growing up. But I think a lot of people who have had things handed to them are embarrassed to admit such things. I really liked his time with the Watch and Listen podcast as well. I like watches in a way that's fairly similar to his approach to them.

As for Doug, I recall him mentioning during one of his earlier videos about that period of time, where he had the ferrari and could barely afford it. He mentioned something to the effect of not knowing how he was going to cover the payment on the car at some point and used his youtube channel as a means of being able to afford the car. Your note about his "newfound fortune" is exactly my question. What is that all about? Is he really making a legit, say $500k+/yr off of youtube alone? Not that it's a fortune, but given that he seems to have a house in SoCal, a Ford GT, some valuable 2-door SUVs, and I believe a nice regular DD (I think he noted selling the E63 wagon, but I don't recall the details right now) the necessary cash flow to afford all of that is not insubstantial.

I don't have nearly the experience with Cammisa. He seems to have some reasonable cars to play with, but nothing really over the top---and I doubt he's raking in the youtube monies, but I could be wrong on that. He might be a great guy in person, but I haven't liked his youtube stuff (at this point) quite as much as some other folks.

Vehicles
      '97 BMW M3/4/5, Highlander Limited, Honda CB1100
      05-22-2020 03:52 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Yeah, she'll fall in love. It's hard not to. Take her to the French Laundry and she'll want to move to the wine country.

Shoot me a PM next time you make it out here and I'll drag some other TCL'ers and my usual crew out and we'll have fun one morning.
      Absolutely will do. Looking forward to it! I'll make sure I rent something appropriately interesting for the occasion if I can't bring my old car with us.

Vehicles
      05-22-2020 03:54 PM #90
      And while all of this could be true, it's also 3rd hand/speculation on the internet. I've listened to Farrah quite a bit and he's fairly open to things he's had access to in life. But I've never heard him talk about the source of money for his various ventures (his collection of cars [I'm sure he got some type of deal on RL's AM], TST, and WCCS). For all I know you're super tight with M Farrah and he told you as much, but I also think a lot of people just speculate on what they think is happening with people. There was another thread on here about him some time ago and it just seemed like people were taking their guesses/speculation as fact. They would post a link to an article that said one thing, but they'd conclude something very different.

What I like about M Farrah is that he doesn't really shy away from his upbringing. And why should he? It happens--there are people out there who have access to a lot of resources even as kids growing up. But I think a lot of people who have had things handed to them are embarrassed to admit such things. I really liked his time with the Watch and Listen podcast as well. I like watches in a way that's fairly similar to his approach to them.

As for Doug, I recall him mentioning during one of his earlier videos about that period of time, where he had the ferrari and could barely afford it. He mentioned something to the effect of not knowing how he was going to cover the payment on the car at some point and used his youtube channel as a means of being able to afford the car. Your note about his "newfound fortune" is exactly my question. What is that all about? Is he really making a legit, say $500k+/yr off of youtube alone? Not that it's a fortune, but given that he seems to have a house in SoCal, a Ford GT, some valuable 2-door SUVs, and I believe a nice regular DD (I think he noted selling the E63 wagon, but I don't recall the details right now) the necessary cash flow to afford all of that is not insubstantial.
      Yep you are right. It's as much speculation as putting the pieces of the puzzle together. Matt is refreshingly open about his opportunities so it makes it blatantly obvious when he's being tight lipped about something, such as where he got the financing for a multi-million dollar building in LA. We also don't know the exact youtube revenue he and Doug are reeling in. It could be in the neighborhood of $50k for a 1M views video. He and Doug both have a high amount of viewers, Matt with a higher quantity of videos and Doug with fewer, more high quality videos. Either way a house on Venice beach or in San Diego isn't cheap.
      Last edited by DonPatrizio; 05-22-2020 at 04:06 PM.
      Kegels - Team MLP

17. Member
      Vehicles
      Evo VIII, BMW e12, XTerra
      05-22-2020 04:06 PM #91
      Either way a house on Venice beach or in San Diego isn't cheap.
      Not surprisingly, the owner listed for Matt's $4,500,000 house in Venice Beach is Roger Farah.

Edit: I'm not judging at all, if my old man were an executive at one of the biggest fashion companies in the world, I would also ask him to buy me a sweet house.
      Last edited by Quinn1.8t; 05-22-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Vehicles
      05-22-2020 04:16 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1.8t View Post
      Not surprisingly, the owner listed for Matt's $4,500,000 house in Venice Beach is Roger Farah.

Edit: I'm not judging at all, if my old man were an executive at one of the biggest fashion companies in the world, I would also ask him to buy me a sweet house.
      I guess it does make him more relatable to fans by saying "My father bought me a watch as a gift for moving" rather than "My father bought me a house."

P.S. Are you still keeping that Evo pristine?
      Kegels - Team MLP

Vehicles
      2019 GTI/9-5 Aero SportCombi/993/Volt
      05-22-2020 04:40 PM #93
      Demuro was a low/middle manager at Porsche, he couldn’t have made more than $100-150k there I bet. Heard rumors that his cars started with some kind of insurance settlement from an accident. But what I mean but “levers up” is he bought, say, a $30k car and then used it to make $25k on YouTube and sold if for $25k, so now he spent $50k and used it to make $25k and on and on (numbers all made up).

He also strikes me as the guy, along with Huovie, who is most car-obsessed of the group as far as all his $$ goes to cars, he’s not also talking about fancy watches or other lifestyle crap; he’s a guy who spends every penny he can on cars and his next biggest splurge is used license plates and $20 blipshift shirts And I mean that in the nicest most respected way.

I think Hoovie came from some money (he still has his grandma's Euro spec 500SL purchased in the 80s, which tells me his grandma had some cash) and also initially made money with his Freddy's Steakburgers franchises. My guess is the YouTube stuff is now the main moneymaker for both Tyler and Doug. Various YouTube algorithm analyzers show Doug bringing in something around $35k per month from his main channel. I bet Hoovie is somewhat close.

Hell, it was enough for Demuro to buy this:

https://www.dirt.com/entertainers/in...go-1203303380/

YouTuber Doug DeMuro Buys Landmarked San Diego House
      By James McClainNovember 24, 2019
      [B]LOCATION: San Diego, Calif.
      PRICE: $1.72 million
      SIZE: 2,504 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms

What sort of house does a car-reviewing YouTuber best-known for highlighting “quirks and features” buy? Well, it’s quirky. Over the last few years, Doug DeMuro has risen to become arguably YouTube’s most successful and famous automotive reviewer, known for his obsessive attention to minute details and his appreciation for offbeat autos — he once said that the Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet “looks like an angry clothing iron … and I love it!” and opined that the rare-as-a-pod-of-enraged-narwhals Mercedes R63 AMG minivan “is the closest you can come to actually driving a private plane.”

31-year-old DeMuro now has more than 3.2 million YouTube subscribers, and his videos on the platform routinely rack up millions of views. Those sorts of gangbusters numbers, of course, have allowed him to amass a quirky car collection of his own, one that he’s frequently highlighted on his channel. He owns a rare 2005 Ford GT, an also-rare Mercedes E63 AMG wagon, a ’97 Land Rover Defender and his “Barbie dream car,” an Mercedes G500 Cabriolet. And then there’s his infamously problem-prone Range Rover.

And DeMuro’s channel success has also bought him residential bliss. Last year, DeMuro and his longtime wife Joanna relocated from Philadelphia to San Diego, Calif., where they rented for a few months before recently buying their very first West Coast home. Property records show the couple paid just over $1.7 million for a decidedly unconventional, century-old house in the affluent Mission Hills neighborhood.

Set on a peaceful corner lot and charmingly overrun by a riotous cacophony of vines and vinelettes, the prairie-style structure was originally built in 1913 and is now a designated historic landmark. Behind a locked gate, the boxy three-level structure sports pale yellow walls with lime green accents for contrast.

Quirks and features abound: the front door opens directly into the home’s great room, where there are lustrous hardwood floors, a fireplace with whitewashed tile surround, and a coffered ceiling with a large chandelier. (For some unknown reason, there’s a second crystal chandelier just sitting on a Louis XV-influenced table in the same room.) Light floods the open space, thanks to the original prairie style windows.

Two-tone lime green and peridot green walls line the formal dining room, which is visually overpowered by a gold chandelier and a massive dark brown dining set with vaguely gothic decorative flourishes. The adjacent kitchen, meanwhile, keeps things calmer with its clean lines and upgraded stainless appliances, plus a new farm-style sink and cabinetry painted a delicate grey-green color.

[B]One of the home’s three bedrooms lies on the main floor and is suitable for live-in staff or overnight guests — it has a private entrance and an upgraded bathroom with pleasantly generic cabinetry and dual vanities. The master suite, meanwhile, lies upstairs and boasts a private balcony. It’s also got an admittedly rather cramped ensuite bathroom with a soaking tub, dual vanities and — rather bizarrely — a shower with rainfall showerhead that’s completely open to the rest of the room, meaning water is liable to splash just about everywhere. Watch your step.

There’s also a second guest/family bedroom on the second level, this one done up with baby blue walls. But best of all, the third floor is comprised of one wee loft-style room with a dozen windows and a 360-degree views of the surrounding neighborhood. That space would likely make a perfect office, and it’s also got direct access to a relatively spacious rooftop deck.

The lush grounds include wraparound lawns, a gigantic canary palm tree, Italian cypresses, towering hedges and numerous rose bushes. Tucked into a corner of the lot is a dark-bottomed plunge pool watched over by a giant Buddha, and there’s also a detached two-car garage, one that DeMuro has — naturally — already shown off in a video.

Records show DeMuro purchased the idiosyncratic house from well-known tetrachromatic artist Concetta Antico. But more importantly, the .14-acre property benefits from the Mills Act, a California state law that essentially grants homeowners of historic homes lower property taxes in exchange for preserving the property. That means DeMuro will pay less than $5,000 in annual property taxes, a huge reduction over the $20,000 that a $1.7 million home would typically command. With that $15,000 in savings, he could buy a 2019 Ford Fiesta or maybe a partial interest in a manatee, something that surely gave this place a few extra points on the infamous DougScore.

Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony
      #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

20. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      05-22-2020 05:50 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by x(why)z View Post
      Absolutely will do. Looking forward to it! I'll make sure I rent something appropriately interesting for the occasion if I can't bring my old car with us.
      Or you can borrow one of mine. My cars are sluts.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Vehicles
      2018 VW Atlas SEL 4Motion R-Line 3.6, 2008 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      05-22-2020 09:59 PM #95

Keep in mind that cars become more affordable when you can write them off as business expenses.

22. 05-22-2020 10:52 PM #96
      I don't have nearly the experience with Cammisa. He seems to have some reasonable cars to play with, but nothing really over the top---and I doubt he's raking in the youtube monies, but I could be wrong on that. He might be a great guy in person, but I haven't liked his youtube stuff (at this point) quite as much as some other folks.
      Jason posts here occasionally on Vortex/TCL, and he was on the Scirocco.org mailing list and was an attendee at the cincy scirocco.org meetup. Guess you can say he was one of the OGs in the Scirocco community.

I was in high school when I saw pictures of his scirocco, his with all the euro goodies back in the day. His was one of the ones that really stood out to me. And I've enjoyed his car collection, nothing over the top.

Vehicles
      '97 BMW M3/4/5, Highlander Limited, Honda CB1100
      05-23-2020 06:25 AM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Or you can borrow one of mine. My cars are sluts.
      Well in that case, I'll treat 'em right and see if I can't reform their ways a bit. When it looked like I was up for a serious promotion - which didn't happen thanks to a wild restructuring due to enrollment woes - I spent some time looking at preowned Evoras. I can't believe that it is a version of the same motor in my wife's Highlander. The sound, the anger. What a machine. I have a thing for long-travel suspension.

Interestingly, the last episode of Camudgeon, Jason and Derek get into this very conversation on how cars are a reflection of the culture and region where they are built. As someone who teaches on this very topic, it was fun to listen too, although, I would have loved for Derek to nerd out a bit more on the theory prior to Jason shutting it down as obvious.

24. 05-23-2020 02:48 PM #98
      Migos seemed to like the 512TR , didnt care for the song but liked all the 80s/90s supercars in the vid

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      05-23-2020 06:03 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by mhjett View Post
      Keep in mind that cars become more affordable when you can write them off as business expenses.
      Really good point. I wonder how often you need to utilize said vehicle for your business to be considered a business expense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      05-24-2020 12:52 AM #100
      Really good point. I wonder how often you need to utilize said vehicle for your business to be considered a business expense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      It depends on your risk appetite: https://www.cbpp.org/federal-tax/dep...g-the-tax-code
      Kegels - Team MLP

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast