VWVortex.com - Colors and Options- What would you like to see made available?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Colors and Options- What would you like to see made available?

1. 04-06-2016 11:47 AM #26
      Oh and auto dimming mirror on all gti. I miss that every time I drive at night

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 04-06-2016 02:07 PM #27
      I'd like to see consistent options worldwide

being in Canada, I had to pretty much beg for 2 years for VW Canada to make Reflex Silver an optional colour on the 2016...they refused to special order a 2015 for me in that colour even though the factory were shipping out plenty of them to other countries....and I had cash in hand and was willing to wait (which I proved when I ordered the 2016 in Sept and waited until Dec for delivery)

I look at the upcoming R420 and my brain says make it a 2 door and paint it silver and count me in

but I'm going to assume that like many other special edition Golfs....it will only be available in a 4 door version in North America with one colour and one tranny while Europe gets access to a long list of the options

if you're gonna special order the thing and wait I can't understand why we're limited by geography

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 2dr 6mt PP LP GTI, 2008 Nissan Xterra Off Road
      04-06-2016 08:01 PM #28
      All I really want is a 2dr, 6spd Golf R...It really pisses me off that we only get 4drs, but convenience always wins over style and tradition in 'Merica...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI S 6sp PP, LP, 4dr, Black Pearl
      04-07-2016 12:35 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by dubyateeeff View Post
      I'd like to see consistent options worldwide

being in Canada, I had to pretty much beg for 2 years for VW Canada to make Reflex Silver an optional colour on the 2016...they refused to special order a 2015 for me in that colour even though the factory were shipping out plenty of them to other countries....and I had cash in hand and was willing to wait (which I proved when I ordered the 2016 in Sept and waited until Dec for delivery)

I look at the upcoming R420 and my brain says make it a 2 door and paint it silver and count me in

but I'm going to assume that like many other special edition Golfs....it will only be available in a 4 door version in North America with one colour and one tranny while Europe gets access to a long list of the options

if you're gonna special order the thing and wait I can't understand why we're limited by geography

Most of the above is what I've been saying since I started shopping for my GTI. I find it mind numbingly frustrating that VW has these strict trim levels that you have to adhere to no matter what. What, you like feature "X" and I'm willing to pay more for it but it's not in the trim level you want? NOOOOOPE, forget about, end of discussion.

Perhaps, VW should use trim levels only as suggestions for customers to help them decide on what features they want, instead of treating them like they were written on a stone tablet and handed down by Moses, especially since they treat customers in other countries differently than in America.

I find VW's business model towards the America asinine and slightly insulting. What makes consumers in other countries "more qualified" to receive such special treatment? Americans are used to getting what we want if we are willing to pay for it and I believe this is probably internationally known (spoiled Americans). So, that being said, it makes no business sense to withhold options to the American consumer considering they can charge more for those options, hence make more profit. Simply put, you should be able to order a GTI from VW with whatever configuration you are willing to pay for. You want plaid seats with a sunroof? Fine, no problem, for a small charge we can make that happen. You want an S with leather seats and a subwoofer? Fine, no problem, for a small charge we can make that happen. Wow, see how easy that was. Customer happy and VW makes a profit.

Make no mistake, this is no pro-American rant against other countries. I say, kiddos to them for getting treated fairly. This is more of a statement on VW's business model towards the American consumer.

But since VW's American buisness model is not going to change anytime soon (even though numerous other car companies do it) I suppose, under the current system, I would really like to see more color options. The Golf R comes in a color called Limestone Gray Metallic that I think is pretty nice.

7. 04-07-2016 02:52 PM #30
      I think George has hit the nail on the head here. I just finished a conversation with VWOA and I specifically told them I would be willing to wait and may be willing to pay extra for special ordering a car ala carte.

As for special options I would like.

1.) I would like to get DCC on a GTI S PP.
      2.) I would like to get an auto dimming mirror.
      3.) I would like to pay extra to remove stability control and raise the speed limit to 155mph. (I can see this one never happening but I know you can pay Mercedes to do it).
      4.) Every year should have a second non-silver color and blue should be rotated. Having 1 blue and 1 red be the only color options is foolish. We should always have red but a year to year new blue and a fun color (e.g., green, orange, yellow, brown) should always be available.

If I could order a silver GTI S 6-speed 4-door PP LP DCC I would do it today.

8. 04-07-2016 03:01 PM #31
      Esp on always is stupid on a performance car!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      GTI
      04-07-2016 03:20 PM #32
      Make the GTI, Golf R or GLI the "Halo" sub models and give them to the option to build to order, kind of like how you can build to order MINI's.

Options I'd love to see:
      Sport suspension options other than DCC.
      Wheel options. 18" or 19" and the ability to order another set with your order.
      Material choices for the interior other than what's only available in a certain package.
      LP as a base package.
      PP as a base package.
      Silencer choices.

Color Choices:
      Green
      Lighter Blue
      Ginster Yellow
      Jazz Blue
      Bring back solid colors too.

Vehicles
      '15 Golf, '17 GSW 4Mo
      04-07-2016 04:40 PM #33
      Some Mk1 colors. I love rich gloss colors. Hate metallic crap. I was hoping for the 40th of the GTI we'd see something or the 40th of the Golf/Rabbit in the US.

Lago Blue, Ocean Blue and Bali Green are the first three colors I'd like to see.

Other options:
      An order system similar to VW Germany. They get much better selection/choices ex:discover pro on an S model.
      Cloth seats on every model Golf and GTI. I hate leather and the only thing I hate more than leather is fake leather
      Sunroof on 2 door Golfs...
      Manual on Golfs above the base model. Really hurting their sales. I would have bought an SEL if I could have gotten a manual.
      More interior color choices. Seriously 2 is not enough. Europe has 3 - 4 options but this goes back to only allowing leatherette
      4 wheel drive on the standard golf. Would be great up here in the northeast
      DSG on the Golf
      5 and 6 speed options on the golf
      Optional wheels... seriously Chevrolet does a better job at this
      Trim color choices (dash and exterior)
      No backup camera
      LED headlights from E Golf
      GTE in the US
      Manual transmission for the alltrack
      Big brake package for any model (similar to what ford does)
      Recaro interior
      Mod topsssssss

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf TSI 2-door
      04-07-2016 06:00 PM #34
      Matte colors, please.
      2016 Golf TSI, purchased in the Great TDI Fire Sale Event of 2015.

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R - sold, '04 GLI, '18 GTI
      04-08-2016 01:52 PM #35
      In all honesty, I would suggest to go back with some of the offerings like the had for the MK4 platform. There were so many trim levels, GL, GLS, GLX, and so many different packages and special editions, GLI (24v and 1.8), 337, 20th, R32, Wolfsburg, and not to mention the 2.0, 2 versions of the 1.8, 12v, 24v (2.8), 3.2, and ALH/BEW, and so on. And there were so many different colors to choose from, its crazy to think how many even the NA market got.

I wasn't old enough to be fortunate to order a new one back then, but I feel like there were just so many more options. I am tired of "packages".

Basically as others have said, a la carte style ordering would be wonderful. More options, mainly don't limit us to just a few when others get exponentially more. And more colors.

Outside of the GTI/Golf talk, give us a damn AWD Jetta. I would be all about buying one. Even more so if its a Jetta R....(I know, at this point I am just wishing)
      Last edited by 03_uni-B; 04-08-2016 at 02:00 PM.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      PW 2015 GTI S LP 6MT
      04-09-2016 02:31 PM #36
      I would like to see more colors, special editions and the ability to alacart options.
      I dont want a sunroof but would like options instead of packages to go with that please.
      - I reserve the right to be wrong

Vehicles
      2017 GTI AB, 6-speed, 1965 Karmann-Ghia, 2009 Boxster, 2009 Volvo C30
      04-09-2016 11:32 PM #37
      Clarke Plaid Interior on the Autobahn as an option. It's a legacy bit that should be available on any GTI. And dont EVER discontinue the manual transmission.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '17 DSG White Autobahn DSG / DCC / DAP / '97 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
      04-10-2016 07:34 AM #38
      My last two cars have been white, but I would love to see the car in a white cream...

16. Junior Member Mr. Pinkers D.'s Avatar
      04-10-2016 09:00 PM #39
      I want the options opened up. Really wanted the Fender sound system without a sunroof. Or an SE with plaid seats and no sunroof. It's a shame more of the Euro options don't show up over here as well.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta Wagon TDI, 2016 Golf Sportswagen TSI
      04-11-2016 10:57 AM #40
      My wife's request (and I tend to agree with her) are more interesting color options, but that goes with most auto manufacturers. For some reason, most seem to prefer the most boring colors they can get away with. Her preference is for bright colors that you can instantly identify in a parking lot.

My own personal want is to be able to customize the base model. Many options are only allowed on SE and above. I also think that butt warmers need to be an option at least for the base model. It can't be that hard to put them in as a dealer option.

18. 04-12-2016 02:47 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pinkers D. View Post
      I want the options opened up. Really wanted the Fender sound system without a sunroof. Or an SE with plaid seats and no sunroof.
      Yes, EXACTLY!

Vehicles
      19 Golf R, 93 Corrado, 15 Boxster. Hers: 17 Beetle Classic Convertible
      04-19-2016 03:55 PM #42
      Yup, George has nailed it both with the broader suggestion of offering a number of a a la carte options on sold orders only (hard to see the dealers complaining too much about that) and specifically, too - I would gladly put my money where my mouth is if given the opportunity to buy a dark green metallic Golf model, like the R in the Car & Driver story.

I also agree with the "DCC on an S" suggestion for one of those a la carte options.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      N
      04-22-2016 05:50 AM #43
      Zero reason why dealerships or customers should not be allowed to order any color that's in the system. As long as they are selling cars then let the buyer order and get what color they want. Same goes for most options.

I'd like to have the awesome Audi TT Orange color in a GTE. No sunroof. Plaid seats. LED all around. Premium sound and all the best safety features.

21. 04-22-2016 12:59 PM #44
      We can't be the only ones willing to get/order the car how we want it. Anyone have any idea if there is a way we can unite and messages VW to share our information with them?

https://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswa...erican-region/

It sounds like NAR is now a thing? Can we show them we are interested? Wouldn't they want the people enthusiastic enough to post on a forum to be able to join the brand (never owned a VW but if I could get the car I want, I have the down payment ready).

22. 04-25-2016 01:05 AM #45
      These colors:

A deep garnet red metallic - similar to what Mazda has on the Miata and Mazda 3 (and put Tornado Red on long term sabbatical ).

A rich dark green metallic - I think Car & Driver recently tested a Euro-spec R in such a color in a road test vs the Focus RS.

Oryx White available for the GTI

yes, I do like great metallic colors!

Vehicles
      VW MKVII Golf Estate GT
      04-25-2016 04:17 AM #46
      TBO VW does offer a huge colour choice & trim spec level...including one off colours to your spec!!!...

Only in Germany though...even us in the UK don't get half the colour choice, & 1/4 of the factory options are gone because of VWUk deciding "not enough demand", & yet our cars are guilt in the German factories & same production lines so WTF???

http://app.volkswagen.de/ihdcc/de/co...RXU/2016/1/F14 9071/F56 TW/MLAKFB1/+/+

24. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI S 6sp PP, LP, 4dr, Black Pearl
      04-25-2016 06:30 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by golfdave View Post
      TBO VW does offer a huge colour choice & trim spec level...including one off colours to your spec!!!...

Only in Germany though...even us in the UK don't get half the colour choice, & 1/4 of the factory options are gone because of VWUk deciding "not enough demand", & yet our cars are guilt in the German factories & same production lines so WTF???

http://app.volkswagen.de/ihdcc/de/co...RXU/2016/1/F14 9071/F56 TW/MLAKFB1/+/+

WTF indeed.

25. 04-27-2016 07:03 PM #48
      http://jalopnik.com/the-most-expensi...eat-1773329740

Now that VW has confirmed that the ClubSport S won't be coming here I say we should be able to get the non-S ClubSport. It would sell really well for $29,999.00 with 2-door and a manual. I'd obviously add the LP and DCC to one.

Seriously though I would like the folding mirrors with reverse passenger mirror dip and homelink+auto-dimming mirrors in addition to previous posts.

EDIT: https://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswa...ng-lap-record/

"The result is that even at full acceleration, the car has great traction. ESC will also bail you out if you give it too much of a kick, but that can be completely turned off with a two-stage switch on the center console if you're a more experienced driver."

I would pay $$$ for this feature! Are you listening VWOA?!?! Ford can turn off their electronics, why not you!?
      Last edited by sn0man; 05-04-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Vehicles
      2017 VW Golf R Oryxweiß 6MT Stage 2
      05-01-2016 12:00 AM #49
      8'' screen available (just do a tech package like canada, eh?) + cloth seats standard on all trims. 2 door autobahn. Make Leather optional. Custom colors would be nice, but will never happen in Puebla...

Vehicles
      @Michael_Ü_the_Car_Guru
      05-01-2016 08:05 AM #50
      GTI S w/ added ala carte order options:

• Auto dimming mirror
      • Auto headlights
      • Clark Plaid (across the entire range - leather optional)
      • Fender audio
      • Sunroof

Better yet how about a Golf R wagon?
      2019 Golf 7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition Pure-Weiß 2016 Golf 7 Variant R-Line Pure-Weiß 2011 Golf 6 TDI BLUEMOTION Highline Candy-Weiß 2008 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt DSG 4-MOTION 2006 Golf GTI DSG Tornadorot 2002 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline. I Euro-spec Mods!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast