Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Mecka2000's 2016 Passat R-Line Build

Vehicles
      '16 Passat R Line
      01-07-2019 05:58 PM #176
      Hi, I'm just under 27k miles now. APR STAGE 2 Tuned at 500 miles. Trans has had no issues. I leave it in Drive 99% of the time now. Lots of daily driving and highway cruising. So I use occasionally "S" when I'm in the mood and need the revs to stay up because Drive has a tendency to lug the engine when I'm accelerating modularly then rather stomping the pedal.. Also if there are lots of inclines S works best. When I do actually get a rare chance to get out to the mountains for some mild spirited driving. I leave it on Manual and just shift using the steering pedals.
      Even when I'm in Drive and bang the pedal down to accelerate hard at anything below 20 mph dry. It just spins a second and the TC light flashes. So I need better tires to solve this I'm on oem tires still.

Does your trans slip a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by vr6-kamil View Post
      Hey Mecka20000, how many miles does your Passat have now? Tranny still running good on the tune?

I hate our transmission, very slow shifts and feels like slipping when doing full throttle acceleration. Drives little better in S mode but best to manual shift I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "When I can look life in the eyes, grown calm and very coldly wise, life will have given me the truth, and taken in exchange - my youth." - Sara Teasdale

2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
    3. Member
      Vehicles
      ‘17 VW Passat 1.8T
      01-07-2019 06:43 PM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by Mecka20000 View Post
      Hi, I'm just under 27k miles now. APR STAGE 2 Tuned at 500 miles. Trans has had no issues. I leave it in Drive 99% of the time now. Lots of daily driving and highway cruising. So I use occasionally "S" when I'm in the mood and need the revs to stay up because Drive has a tendency to lug the engine when I'm accelerating modularly then rather stomping the pedal.. Also if there are lots of inclines S works best. When I do actually get a rare chance to get out to the mountains for some mild spirited driving. I leave it on Manual and just shift using the steering pedals.
      Even when I'm in Drive and bang the pedal down to accelerate hard at anything below 20 mph dry. It just spins a second and the TC light flashes. So I need better tires to solve this I'm on oem tires still.

Well my trans isn’t slipping per say. I’m assuming everyone’s trans works same way on our newer Passats like when I leave it in D and decelerate to make turn for example and than accelerate back up the RPM will raise and slowly fall back down like slipping to reengage the gear. Only does that in D though

4. Member
      Vehicles
      ‘17 VW Passat 1.8T
      01-07-2019 06:45 PM #178
      I’m at 19k miles on my ‘17 R Line w/ mild mods compared to you guys and pushing estimated 220hp & 240trq

Vehicles
      '16 Passat R Line
      01-07-2019 08:48 PM #179
      Oh yeah, that happens. But I figured that's just how this trans was designed to work. Like a multiplate clutch. I don't mind it. I've driven older automatic Mk3, Mk4 and Mk5 VW's and the 2012 Passat. This trans has been the most smooth in my experiance. Though I love the feel of alwats being engaged in a gear like a manual car. But this is a DD fambam mobile. I never expected it anything near aggressive or performance oriented. Even the 19 Passat GT trans is buttery and sloppy like ours. LOL

Well my trans isn’t slipping per say. I’m assuming everyone’s trans works same way on our newer Passats like when I leave it in D and decelerate to make turn for example and than accelerate back up the RPM will raise and slowly fall back down like slipping to reengage the gear. Only does that in D though

"When I can look life in the eyes, grown calm and very coldly wise, life will have given me the truth, and taken in exchange - my youth." - Sara Teasdale

Vehicles
      '16 Passat R Line
      01-07-2019 08:52 PM #180
      I want to find a Dyno place locally to me and just do 3 run to see exactly what numbers I'm getting. Just out of curiosity. Most dyno places around me want 150$ for a session. I'm waiting to find a group dyno day for cheaper.

I’m at 19k miles on my ‘17 R Line w/ mild mods compared to you guys and pushing estimated 220hp & 240trq

Vehicles
      '16 Passat R Line
      01-30-2019 05:40 PM #181
      https://youtu.be/pJl6O3vOMos
      Did a one take drive. Was fun to just chill and enjoy the ride while someone else drove. Enjoy guys.

Vehicles
      2015/VW/Passat Limited 1.8TSi APR Stage 1-93 Octane
      01-30-2019 08:36 PM #182
      Did a one take drive. Was fun to just chill and enjoy the ride while someone else drove. Enjoy guys.
      Awesome Mo. The car sounded great. I have the APR turbo whine/scream at wide open throttle. The diverter valve really helped yours....Super clean too.

9. 01-30-2019 10:03 PM #183
      Great video. Car looked awesome

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

10. 01-31-2019 04:52 PM #184
      Thank you for that. Waiting to do some things on my Passat GT

Vehicles
      '16 Passat R Line
      02-02-2019 01:44 AM #185
      Thanks guys! Mod away!! Yes, that GFB DV+ is worth every penny just for the fact to get rid of that whine at WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by miamipassat View Post
      Awesome Mo. The car sounded great. I have the APR turbo whine/scream at wide open throttle. The diverter valve really helped yours....Super clean too.
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra323 View Post
      Great video. Car looked awesome

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
      Thank you for that. Waiting to do some things on my Passat GT

12. 02-06-2019 01:19 PM #186
      how hard is it to do the DV? shop need to do or can i do it in my garage?

Vehicles
      '16 Passat R Line
      02-06-2019 03:10 PM #187
      My Tuner Shop did it and the lead mechanic was having a hard time with it. 10+ years working on VW/Audi. He said two things that were the reason. Extremely tight working conditions (his hands are fat) and your hands go numb from holding it in place while you tighten since you need to keep constant pressure or the DV will push its self apart from the spring pressure and you have to start all over again. Besides that. It's not too complicated. I found no information online about the install on our model motors. So if you have free time and want to take a crack at it. Record it or take step by step pictures to help future installers. If i would have known it was that hard I would have made a video of the install, but I had things to do that day and just dropped off the car.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAssBill View Post
      how hard is it to do the DV? shop need to do or can i do it in my garage?

14. 02-18-2019 08:50 PM #188
      Hi, could you please tell me how do these springs work. Are they comfortable while driving? I want to change it on my car too and I don’t know if I should try it. Please suggest me something

15. 02-19-2019 09:37 AM #189
      Mecka,, Forgive me if I missed it somewhere, what downpipe did you go with for stage 2? Do you have anything behind that? Catback, etc? thanks!

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      14' Ass TSI, 10' Tig TSI 4MO, 99' Cabrio, 90' Z32
      02-19-2019 02:02 PM #190
      Thanks for sharing Mo! Car looks and sounds great!

Vehicles
      '16 Passat R Line
      02-21-2019 11:39 AM #191
      APR Downpipe with stock muffler. I don't want the exhaust noise of going aftermarket. I prefer to hear the turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by porkfrog View Post
      Mecka,, Forgive me if I missed it somewhere, what downpipe did you go with for stage 2? Do you have anything behind that? Catback, etc? thanks!
      Quote Originally Posted by TomekR2000 View Post
      Thanks for sharing Mo! Car looks and sounds great!
      Thank you! I had a relaxed time doing this. Teasing at the Passat GT and all that jazz was pure jest. 😄

18. Member
      Vehicles
      ‘17 VW Passat 1.8T
      02-21-2019 12:42 PM #192
      Thanks guys! Mod away!! Yes, that GFB DV+ is worth every penny just for the fact to get rid of that whine at WOT.
      You said to get rid of the whine at WOT, what whine? I may not have it as I’m not running as much boost. Is there any other benefit to it besides noise reduction?

Vehicles
      '16 Passat R Line
      02-22-2019 06:25 PM #193
      You said to get rid of the whine at WOT, what whine? I may not have it as I’m not running as much boost. Is there any other benefit to it besides noise reduction?

Yes, according to GFB it holds boost better, preventing boost leak, faster boost build up and response on/off/on throttle. Another plus is, it is billet and the stock dv is plastic. So, since my revision D stock DV was whining very definitively and loudly at WOT with an aftermarket intake on the APR Stage 1 and Stage 2 increased boost settings.
      So if you are running stock or even the NEUSPEED module. I don't think your pushing enough boost to create that noise at WOT even with an aftermarket intake. If your on a stock intake, I doubt you'll hear it much. Even on stage 1 tune. The way I see it. If you don't hear it..then your fine. If you do AND you want to solve it plus with some added benefits..go with the GFB DV+.

Vehicles
      '16 Passat R Line
      03-16-2019 12:24 AM #194
      28k miles today. Changed oil to Motul Specific 505. 502., new VW filter. Copper crush washer.

Also changing the Front EBC USR Rotors and Yellow Stuff Pads. They are finished. So new front EBC brake set going on in a week or so. Rears are still at 50%.

Tires are very close to the tread bump marker and ready for a change soon as well. Looking forward to upgrade to some Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

That's it folks. Have a good St Pattys day.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678