1) Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild?
BBM, December 2001
2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back?
Maybe 10 days due to UPS Ground shipping. It was at BBM for 2-3 days of that.
3) What rebuild services did you have performed? Standard rebuild, performance options, paint, etc.
Standard rebuild, full OEM (the expensive one). Repaint also, which was an unexpected surprise.
4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs?
Not outside the scope of the rebuild.
1) In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship?
2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service?
Yes, they called me right away when they got my G-lader and reported its condition (bad bearing but otherwise fine, rebuildable). I asked them to call me when it shipped back to me, and they didn't, but that's no big deal.
3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades?
Actually I had it out of the car for maybe five months due to a number of technical problems, so by the time I had it back in I couldn't remember what it had felt like before. I was just thrilled to have my boost back. It's been running great for maybe 30-40K since the rebuild.
4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not?
Six month warranty, voided by use of any pulley other than stock (not an issue for me). Never needed it.
1) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work.
2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service.