VWVortex.com - FS: 2002 A8L $1000 200k mi in Mass
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: 2002 A8L $1000 200k mi in Mass

Vehicles
      2008 rabbit the girls ride, 98 2.8l A4 more to follow.
      09-22-2016 11:22 AM #1
      Hey Guys,

I have a 2002 A8L that I am selling here.

I'll get it out of the way now, the car is not running, so will need to be towed home, it needs a new alternator as right now running it will drain the battery if run.

It also will need transmission work to drive perfectly. When I got the car the transmission would go to limp mode nearly right after you started up the car, I have since done a trans filter replace and fluid flush which has drastically helped but the torqe converter is not working well and going from 1st to second then 2nd to first again is a hastle and can cause the car to go back in to limp mode if not handled correctly. I have gotten used to using the tiptronic and knowing to shift at the right time. The front valence is pretty beat aswell, my plan was to either plastic weld the existing one up then plasti-dip it to re-use that or salvage one from a bone yard if possible but at the time it didn't bother me that much.

My plan for this car when I bought it was to do a manual 6 speed swap to take care of the transmission issue and I have been holding off on that till the current trans completely failed, HOWEVER at this time I do not have the cash flow I had before hand which due to unforeseen circumstances, is not an option now so plans have changed.

Now onto the good.

The aluminum body of the A8 means there is NO rust on this car. There is 1 dent on the front passenger quarter and some scratches in the paint that I was going to take care of after getting the drive line sorted out, they aren't what you would call small but they never bothered me. The interior is in good shape save for some stains or discolorations but there are no rips on the tan leather seats, dash or wheel and the power seats work very well except for the head rests. The Drivers window and Passenger rear windows do not roll down. The drivers needs a new motor the passenger rear needs to be put back on track or just have the regulator replaced it seems.

The car will come on 6 spoke B5 S4 wheels that were painted black prior to me getting them and is flaking now, 2 tires are completely blown out and the 2 that are there are likely dry rotted by now as I have not run them on anything for a year+ at this point. Again the car will have to be towed out.

I have a clean title and am open to offers to a point, this car will be heading to a bone yard on 10/1/16 if no one picks it up.

Get at me on here I will be able to reply here and can be around nights to meet you for picking up the car or any time Monday 9/26.

Thanks guys,
      Michael

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2008 rabbit the girls ride, 98 2.8l A4 more to follow.
      09-29-2016 05:00 PM #2
      This is going to the junk yard in 2 days times guys, if you want it speak up.