Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 1.4L turbo mods

1. 08-30-2017 05:47 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Poetic50 View Post
      They said that it will fit an Mk6 Jetta 1.4t so I asked what u do with the old ones dump it and couple the water lines? They haven't responded but if anyone do this mod let us know and if it's actually worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That is not for our 1.4t. We have air to water. Coolant runing through intake manifold.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 08-31-2017 05:10 AM #27
      Yeah it's true I just found out is for the twin charger

4. 09-01-2017 04:34 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitjoker View Post
      I've had my 2016 1.4 since may 2016. In that time I have gotten a custom straight pipe cat back, forge motorsports boost pipe upgrade with blow off valve, dieselgeek short shifter, p3 multi gauge, racechip tune, injen short ram intake, trunk spoiler, spyder smoked projector led headlights, stage 2 dogbone insert. Others are cosmetic but I'm putting down 193hp with 250 torque. Though I have not yet got it dyno'ed to see how legit those numbers are but that's what I'm putting down according to my tuning program. I'm waiting for a downpipe to be made but I have read gulf downpipe will fit our jetta. I'm in talks with hpa motorsports and 42 dd on their professional opinion or if they have test fit one yet. But yes unfortunately for our 1.4 not much is available. Everybody wants to mod gti or 1.8. I'm opposite, I wanna start small and build it up, not get a head start with a decent powerful car already and slap a couple bolt ons and say I built it.
      Have you tried the boost pipe from eBay? I'm about to pull the trigger but I'm not sure

5. 11-05-2017 10:59 AM #29
      I've had my 2016 1.4 since may 2016. In that time I have gotten a custom straight pipe cat back, forge motorsports boost pipe upgrade with blow off valve, dieselgeek short shifter, p3 multi gauge, racechip tune, injen short ram intake, trunk spoiler, spyder smoked projector led headlights, stage 2 dogbone insert. Others are cosmetic but I'm putting down 193hp with 250 torque. Though I have not yet got it dyno'ed to see how legit those numbers are but that's what I'm putting down according to my tuning program. I'm waiting for a downpipe to be made but I have read gulf downpipe will fit our jetta. I'm in talks with hpa motorsports and 42 dd on their professional opinion or if they have test fit one yet. But yes unfortunately for our 1.4 not much is available. Everybody wants to mod gti or 1.8. I'm opposite, I wanna start small and build it up, not get a head start with a decent powerful car already and slap a couple bolt ons and say I built it.
      How long uve had racechip tune? One ? Two or ultimate? How hard it goes? Any problems so far? Is it better than unitronic?

I have the racechip ultimate connect. It was roughly over $600. Bluetooth capable with realtime stats. You can adjust between 3 stages, eco, sport or race. I have yet to try and other tunes due to they flash ecu and I'm still under warranty. Plus racechip was the only one I fou d that raises your hp to nearly 200hp in 1 shot. You need stage 1+ or stage 2 for that from any other company, plus your forced to buy extra parts like downpipe, intercooler etc. Not with racechip, and they are a German manufacturer. What better than a German tune on a German car?!

6. 11-05-2017 11:01 AM #30
      Have you tried the boost pipe from eBay? I'm about to pull the trigger but I'm not sure

No I purchased the whole kit from forge motorsports. Crappy part is I got the very first prototype of it. The one you guys have pictures has been tweaked a bit. It comes with upgraded boost pipe, blow off valve with extra springs. To either go lower or higher in boost. I'm running 17 right now.

7. 01-08-2018 05:39 PM #31
      Rabbit. Everyone talks about the Flash with Unitronic. My VW does not have a warranty because it was in water. I am with you Racechip gives you more Torque and HP. Why is everyone sold on the Flash over the RaceChip? I have been reading all the forums to see what I want to do first and found all your post and mods (I did the AEM over the weekend Intake not on board with BOV yet). Any idea why no one followed you to the Racechip?

8. 01-08-2018 10:42 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Jbrody11 View Post
      Rabbit. Everyone talks about the Flash with Unitronic. My VW does not have a warranty because it was in water. I am with you Racechip gives you more Torque and HP. Why is everyone sold on the Flash over the RaceChip? I have been reading all the forums to see what I want to do first and found all your post and mods (I did the AEM over the weekend Intake not on board with BOV yet). Any idea why no one followed you to the Racechip?
      I would like to know more about the race chip as well. Considering its removable at will, i lile that better then a flash, but unitronic is a well known name so thats ultimately a reason i would go flash over piggyback.

9. 01-09-2018 03:46 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Jbrody11 View Post
      Probably because everyone thinks APR is god. Which I will disagree with. If you look at all tunes available for our car, most of which are flash tunes. Which will void your warranty, which does leave shadow files so the dealership will find out and flashes don't get as much power as the racechip did. To get the power I did and torque i felt you'd have to go stage 2 on almost every single flash available. Mean while racechip leaves no shadow files. It doesn't tamper with ecu what so ever. Can send your car back to stock with a simple press of a button on the app. Switch between multiple stages, either eco, sport or race mode. Any issues with tune the company immediately responds within minutes and can easily fix any problem via wifi update.
      I'm guessing it all comes down to not many People know about racechip. They only hear Apr, uni or revo. Which all have pros and cons but don't do nearly as well as racechip. But racechip is limited. They don't have a stage 2 or 3. Their tune has the power output of a stage 2 from any flash company. But that's it. Can't add anymore power, but, you can piggyback the tune with other box tunes that can be piggybacked.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. 01-09-2018 06:31 AM #34
      Probably because everyone thinks APR is god. Which I will disagree with. If you look at all tunes available for our car, most of which are flash tunes. Which will void your warranty, which does leave shadow files so the dealership will find out and flashes don't get as much power as the racechip did. To get the power I did and torque i felt you'd have to go stage 2 on almost every single flash available. Mean while racechip leaves no shadow files. It doesn't tamper with ecu what so ever. Can send your car back to stock with a simple press of a button on the app. Switch between multiple stages, either eco, sport or race mode. Any issues with tune the company immediately responds within minutes and can easily fix any problem via wifi update.
      I'm guessing it all comes down to not many People know about racechip. They only hear Apr, uni or revo. Which all have pros and cons but don't do nearly as well as racechip. But racechip is limited. They don't have a stage 2 or 3. Their tune has the power output of a stage 2 from any flash company. But that's it. Can't add anymore power, but, you can piggyback the tune with other box tunes that can be piggybacked.

Unfortunately we cant get apr here in the states and I havent read any reveiws on revo yet. Uni seems to be the way everyone goes here in the states. Ive heard that even though the the piggybacks are removable they still leave trails in the ecu. Not sure. Just what ive read. Id really like to try out race chip. It doesnt seem like enough people are using it yet over here for me to trust it. When im ready in a few months to tune Ill research more on the revo and race chip and see if anything has changed.

11. 01-09-2018 06:36 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by LickThePenny View Post
      Unfortunately we cant get apr here in the states and I havent read any reveiws on revo yet. Uni seems to be the way everyone goes here in the states. Ive heard that even though the the piggybacks are removable they still leave trails in the ecu. Not sure. Just what ive read. Id really like to try out race chip. It doesnt seem like enough people are using it yet over here for me to trust it. When im ready in a few months to tune Ill research more on the revo and race chip and see if anything has changed.

Apr has a couple tiny tunes for our vehicle but yes it's basically R.O.W. racechip is German engineering. What better than German engineering in a German car lol you'll be happy with racechip. I was gonna go revo until I seen stage 1 and 2 don't really have any significant gains.

12. 01-09-2018 08:18 AM #36
      Apr has a couple tiny tunes for our vehicle but yes it's basically R.O.W. racechip is German engineering. What better than German engineering in a German car lol you'll be happy with racechip. I was gonna go revo until I seen stage 1 and 2 don't really have any significant gains.

Thanks again. Yeah, I think you sold me. It's not a cost thing because they are all about the same. And for me, it's not a warranty thing either because mine is already voided. So its bang for the buck and that is definitely the racechip. Thanks again!

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 VW Jetta 1.4T S 5MT
      01-23-2018 04:49 AM #37

Have you seen any changes in efficiency? Just curious?

14. 02-23-2018 08:58 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Havox View Post
      Have you seen any changes in efficiency? Just curious?
      I have the CPA Chiptuning Nitro piggyback installed on mine and it does work as expected. About 0.5 - 1mpg improvement when I drive normal but that's not how I typically run it. haha Just got points in Virginia though.

15. 03-08-2018 02:47 AM #39
      They said that it will fit an Mk6 Jetta 1.4t so I asked what u do with the old ones dump it and couple the water lines? They haven't responded but if anyone do this mod let us know and if it's actually worth it

Any news yet?

16. 03-08-2018 03:18 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by ericgohsw View Post
      Any news yet?
      It’s for the Mk5 Golf and Jetta 1.4 Twincharger.

17. 08-11-2018 08:54 AM #41
      I have the racechip ultimate connect. It was roughly over $600. Bluetooth capable with realtime stats. You can adjust between 3 stages, eco, sport or race. I have yet to try and other tunes due to they flash ecu and I'm still under warranty. Plus racechip was the only one I fou d that raises your hp to nearly 200hp in 1 shot. You need stage 1+ or stage 2 for that from any other company, plus your forced to buy extra parts like downpipe, intercooler etc. Not with racechip, and they are a German manufacturer. What better than a German tune on a German car?!
      I was looking at getting the racechip ultimate but when choosing an option there are 2 different 1.4t options and I’m not sure which is the one I should choose

18. 08-11-2018 08:56 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore_Photography View Post
      I was looking at getting the racechip ultimate but when choosing an option there are 2 different 1.4t options and I’m not sure which is the one I should choose

19. 08-11-2018 09:20 AM #43

Don't do it. I had one at some point and returned. Here's why.

Their app breaks when updates are released for our smartphones. Look at the Android and Apple store ratings of the app. Rendering your device useless and making it a brick
      They ship out of Germany and there is no US support. Support in Germany is extremely slow and they don't care once they have your money.
      Recently they replaced their Ultimate chip with that GTS. They downgraded the Ultimate power and gave the "new" chip the same power the old one had and charge more. You can see that posted in old Facebook comments they had on their page. Who does that shady business, really?
      They have no dyno chart backing up their hp claims.

I mentioned a different chip earlier in this thread but won't repeat it. Compare those two. Send them emails and you will see that responses between the two are vastly different. Then decide.

20. 08-11-2018 09:22 AM #44

What do you mean?

21. 08-11-2018 09:22 AM #45
      What do you mean?

22. 08-11-2018 09:26 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by peterschiffer View Post
      Don't do it. I had one at some point and returned. Here's why.

Their app breaks when updates are released for our smartphones. Look at the Android and Apple store ratings of the app. Rendering your device useless and making it a brick
      They ship out of Germany and there is no US support. Support in Germany is extremely slow and they don't care once they have your money.
      Recently they replaced their Ultimate chip with that GTS. They downgraded the Ultimate power and gave the "new" chip the same power the old one had and charge more. You can see that posted in old Facebook comments they had on their page. Who does that shady business, really?
      They have no dyno chart backing up their hp claims.

I mentioned a different chip earlier in this thread but won't repeat it. Compare those two. Send them emails and you will see that responses between the two are vastly different. Then decide.
      I dont know why your bad mouthing them. I had a great experience with them! Quick as hell to respond if I had any issues, which I only had 1 during the install. And I definitely felt the gains! The app never once faulted for me. It worked like a charm. And German company for a German car!!! I was extremely pleased with the product are so are many many many people.

23. 08-11-2018 09:29 AM #47

I believe the jetta 1.4 is 1390. The other is overseas engine.
      Dont let one bad apple ruin your choice. You'll be quite happy with racechip. I never had any issues what so ever. And the fact you can turn it off for dealership maintenance so you dont void warranty is amazing! I really enjoyed mine alot. I however cannot speak for their new products. I paid over $600 for mine.

24. 08-11-2018 09:52 AM #48
      Hey there. Just stating facts. After all we drive an economy vehicle and at least I want to spend my money wisely. VW does not downgrade our engine power when they release a new model year. Why would it be acceptable when racechip does it with their chip? If you are not bothered by getting a product which gets detuned later it’s your money ..
      The cpa chip I got after that ordeal is also made in Germany but they also are in the US and have lifetime warranty with a free migration.

25. Junior Member
      06-11-2019 08:30 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by peterschiffer View Post
      Hey there. Just stating facts. After all we drive an economy vehicle and at least I want to spend my money wisely. VW does not downgrade our engine power when they release a new model year. Why would it be acceptable when racechip does it with their chip? If you are not bothered by getting a product which gets detuned later it’s your money ..
      The cpa chip I got after that ordeal is also made in Germany but they also are in the US and have lifetime warranty with a free migration.
      By any chance you have a link about that CPA chip?

26. 06-13-2019 06:42 PM #50
      Unless you are putting more air volume through the turbo putting that huge intercooler is going to increase your lag very noticeably.

I installed a mishimoto J line intercooler in preparation before putting in a hybrid turbo and the lag was there since the first minute. After the turbo was replaced with the hybrid one then the spooling came back to near stock levels.

This is what the install looks like in my mk7 golf with the intercooler "upside down" for better fitment and yes, the stock watercooler for the intake manifold was taken out and the water lines coupled. You could leave the watercooler there but at that point it will just become a restriction in the intake path so I decided to leave it out.

EDIT: I could've sworn that there was a post with a link to a wagner intercooler just above mine. Weird.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast