VWVortex.com - 2016 1.4L turbo mods
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Results 51 to 60 of 60

    Thread: 2016 1.4L turbo mods

    1. Member Cherb32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2006
      Location
      San Jose, CA
      Posts
      2,958
      Vehicles
      16 Jetta S, 08 Rabbit, 06 Touareg
      06-19-2019 11:50 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by blurryeyes View Post
      Unless you are putting more air volume through the turbo putting that huge intercooler is going to increase your lag very noticeably.

      I installed a mishimoto J line intercooler in preparation before putting in a hybrid turbo and the lag was there since the first minute. After the turbo was replaced with the hybrid one then the spooling came back to near stock levels.

      This is what the install looks like in my mk7 golf with the intercooler "upside down" for better fitment and yes, the stock watercooler for the intake manifold was taken out and the water lines coupled. You could leave the watercooler there but at that point it will just become a restriction in the intake path so I decided to leave it out.

      EDIT: I could've sworn that there was a post with a link to a wagner intercooler just above mine. Weird.

      Where did you get that??

      Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by bryangb View Post
      I'm usually too busy reaching for another beer to pay attention to other cars on the road

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. 06-20-2019 07:58 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by Cherb32 View Post
      Where did you get that??

      Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk
      You can get it from RTMG .
      https://www.tmg-performance.com/prod...tsi-ea211.html


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    4. 06-21-2019 04:00 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Cherb32 View Post
      Where did you get that??



      Yeah, it's the watercooler block plate from RTMG, it's basically just a "lid" for when you take out the water aircooler. No leaks whatsoever so it's a good fit.

    5. 06-21-2019 07:35 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by blurryeyes View Post
      Yeah, it's the watercooler block plate from RTMG, it's basically just a "lid" for when you take out the water aircooler. No leaks whatsoever so it's a good fit.
      Which lines did you exactly couple? There’s 3 lines to the water cooler


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    6. 06-21-2019 12:44 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Poetic50 View Post
      Which lines did you exactly couple? There’s 3 lines to the water cooler


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      All three using a t fitting. One is a line from the radiator to the cooler, one of them is a return to the radiator and the third one was a continuation from the radiator to the rest of the elements that need cooling (I think it connects to the turbo cooling lines) so I figured that by coupling them the only thing that I'm doing is dumping "cooler" water to the final return to the radiator instead of the comparatively hotter water coming out of the original watercooler.

      You can cancel the return but that's a bit more involved than just putting the coupler there.

    7. 06-21-2019 02:15 PM #56
      what's your HP output now with the hybrid turbo?

    8. 06-21-2019 04:36 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by Kessel00 View Post
      what's your HP output now with the hybrid turbo?
      I haven't dyno it yet and I'm still using the JB4 map1 but, if RTMG is to be believed, with a proper custom tune it should be good for about 230hp which puts it on stock gti territory on a lighter package. I'll try to get that done in the next month or so as I also have a pending Peloquin LSD install. This is just a fun track car project.

    9. 06-21-2019 06:38 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by blurryeyes View Post
      I haven't dyno it yet and I'm still using the JB4 map1 but, if RTMG is to be believed, with a proper custom tune it should be good for about 230hp which puts it on stock gti territory on a lighter package. I'll try to get that done in the next month or so as I also have a pending Peloquin LSD install. This is just a fun track car project.
      LSD??? Yes!!! Seems like another mod to the car. Mine is just a daily with few mods bolt ons and tune and music box for like 1k watts sub system. Nothing big but it’s my fun daily.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. 06-22-2019 08:49 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Poetic50 View Post
      LSD??? Yes!!! Seems like another mod to the car. Mine is just a daily with few mods bolt ons and tune and music box for like 1k watts sub system. Nothing big but it’s my fun daily.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This is the one that I got https://www.cascadegerman.com/product/02j498005b/ as my Golf pairs the EA211 engine with a 6speed manual transmission 02S. Maybe if you have a 6speed manual the transmission is the same, you can check it on the driver side wheel, the transmission code can be seen right behind the brake rotor.

    11. 06-22-2019 08:54 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by blurryeyes View Post
      This is the one that I got https://www.cascadegerman.com/product/02j498005b/ as my Golf pairs the EA211 engine with a 6speed manual transmission 02S. Maybe if you have a 6speed manual the transmission is the same, you can check it on the driver side wheel, the transmission code can be seen right behind the brake rotor.
      Oh yeah the Golf is one Gen ahead of the Jetta so the Mk7 Golf has the 6 speed manual while the Mk6 Jetta has the 5 speed manual. Damn that sucks


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •