Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Open Letter to PowerDubs

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      05 Phaeton V8 (for sale), 13 Ford Edge
      11-30-2016 01:02 PM #1
      Hello, Josh ....

Long-time follower of the Phaeton forum here .... I have found it to be very helpful in the care and feeding of my Phaeton over the last 7 years.

Since it seems that you live very close by (And at the risk of looking a bit tacky to other forum members about this forum's use), I am giving you the first shot at my '05 Phaeton which is for sale. It is a V8 5-seater in Coucou gray with black interior, 18-inch wheels and 199,000-plus miles. It was my daily driver from when I bought it in Sept. 2009 with 90,000 miles and, according to CarFax, I'm the 4th owner of the car. I took it off the road late last year after getting the secondary air pump replaced followed by the re-triggering of the engine light due to the combination valves failing (pulling the cat-cons to get to them is required).

As a "noob" to VW Vortex, I cannot post pictures as of yet, but they are available if you want them e-mailed to you ([email protected]). If you're interested, or know someone who might possibly be, please let me know. Thanks.

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      '03 Carrera, '16 XC60
      12-01-2016 07:49 AM #2
      Are you aware of the "PM" function?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
      "Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead."

4. 12-01-2016 08:26 AM #3
      It's evident you're a noob! Josh will have zero interest in your car because a) it has the wrong firing sequence and b) it has too many seats.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2005 Phaeton V10 swb 4-seat, BMW i3 REx, SY Stavic 4x4, SY KJ Korando, Mercedes W168
      12-05-2016 12:57 PM #4
      Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the positive comments about the use it has been, and Josh's contribution. In 7 years you must have read a lot of forum pages. Hopefully you won't then take Invisiblewave's forthright approach and British sense of humour too much to heart!

The best way to contact Josh with an individual message is the PM (Personal Message) button, used for internal private email between Forum members.

You are free to post your car's sale information in the Phaeton Classifieds section of VWVortex, which is one place those in the know keep an eye on.

Good luck,
      Chris
      -- I just bought a Phaeton. How do I..............................-- Upgrades, modifications, pampering
      -- Colours, factory options, reviews...............................-- Technical Reference
      -- Troubleshooting.................................................. ....-- See the TOC/FAQ (Index) for more details

7. Member
      Vehicles
      4 VWs, 1 Buick, 1 Ford & 1 Jag
      12-05-2016 06:25 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by StudentStuntDriver View Post
      As a "noob" to VW Vortex, I cannot post pictures as of yet, but they are available if you want them e-mailed to you ([email protected]). If you're interested, or know someone who might possibly be, please let me know. Thanks.

Mike
      Mike,

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Err, I mean "Nobody can post pictures here! You have to post to a picture hosting website and link to the picture." I haven't done that yet but have been meaning to.

-Eric

12-10-2016 04:02 PM #6
      Hi,

Sorry, not on here much anymore. Thanks for the heads up, but I have too many cars and am actually in the process of selling them off.

Anybody want a cosmetically imperfect but low mile (50k) 2006 W12 4-seater?
      -Josh

1-12-5-8-3-10-6-7-2-11-4-9

9. Member
      Vehicles
      4 VWs, 1 Buick, 1 Ford & 1 Jag
      12-10-2016 06:28 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by PowerDubs View Post
      Hi,

Sorry, not on here much anymore. Thanks for the heads up, but I have too many cars and am actually in the process of selling them off.

What's imperfect about it? How much are you asking?

-Eric

09-17-2019 10:20 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by PowerDubs View Post
      Hi,
      three years later, do you have any W12 for sale?

Also, your inbox is full.

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 phaeton 4.2l
      09-17-2019 11:59 PM #9
      I never noticed the message about him selling his cars. Seeing as youve said his inbox is full, ill drop a note here to contact me if he still has any parts lying around...