VWVortex.com - Golf/GTI MK7 OEM 8" LCD Conversion Retrofit Kits now available || EuroZoneTuning.com
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 372

    Thread: Golf/GTI MK7 OEM 8" LCD Conversion Retrofit Kits now available || EuroZoneTuning.com

    1. Member Bill@Eurozonetuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2016
      Location
      East Hartford, CT
      Posts
      1,227
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI, 2008 Audi A3, 2006 VW GLI
      12-27-2016 12:14 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by 1krautburner View Post
      Is it possible that the buttons can be switched from the original unit to the new one?
      I have not tried this. They look similarly shaped but I can't guarantee that they are swappable.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. 12-27-2016 10:01 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      I have not tried this. They look similarly shaped but I can't guarantee that they are swappable.
      Is there any chance we could get someone with both to try this and let us know? Do you have an existing OEM standard one to test on?

      Not a deal-breaker for me (as much as the price), but would be nice to know.

    4. Global Moderator EPilot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 1999
      Location
      Earth
      Posts
      11,518
      Vehicles
      GTI
      12-27-2016 10:33 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by MK7GTIinMA View Post
      Is there any chance we could get someone with both to try this and let us know? Do you have an existing OEM standard one to test on?

      Not a deal-breaker for me (as much as the price), but would be nice to know.
      I'm curious to know to but it would be a deal breaker for me. My OCD would go through the roof if the buttons didn't match the function of the radio.

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. 12-27-2016 10:59 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by EPilot View Post
      I'm curious to know to but it would be a deal breaker for me. My OCD would go through the roof if the buttons didn't match the function of the radio.
      LOL, good point.

      I guess it's not a deal-breaker by itself, but is when combined with the price.

      Either way, I want to see what others who bought it think first--if it's worth it or not.

    7. Member B_Dubasauras_Rex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2014
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      752
      Vehicles
      2010 S4
      12-27-2016 11:03 AM #30
      In for 2015
      Deceased - 2015 GTI, Stage 2 w/everything

    8. 12-27-2016 11:15 AM #31
      The other thing about this mod is the 2016+ MIB II screen is 6.5", as opposed to the 2015 MIB I, which is 5.8". It may be worth it to gain over two inches in diameter, but $1K for 1.5"?
      Last edited by MK7GTIinMA; 12-27-2016 at 11:18 AM.

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2015
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      748
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI PP, LP, DAP
      12-27-2016 11:16 AM #32
      Is a group buy price an option?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. Member XM_Rocks's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2005
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      11,304
      Vehicles
      ‘16 GTI
      12-27-2016 05:32 PM #33
      Bill,

      Do you have the GTI matching trim?

    11. Member Bill@Eurozonetuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2016
      Location
      East Hartford, CT
      Posts
      1,227
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI, 2008 Audi A3, 2006 VW GLI
      12-27-2016 05:49 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by enigmas5 View Post
      Is a group buy price an option?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Currently, we do not have plans for a group buy. Selling on an inventory basis as of now.

    12. Member Bill@Eurozonetuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2016
      Location
      East Hartford, CT
      Posts
      1,227
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI, 2008 Audi A3, 2006 VW GLI
      12-27-2016 05:52 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
      Bill,

      Do you have the GTI matching trim?
      Our next shipment of kits will consist of GTI, Golf and Golf R trims. Choosing your vehicle on the product page will signify which trim piece you will receive.

      (link)

    13. Member XM_Rocks's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2005
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      11,304
      Vehicles
      ‘16 GTI
      12-28-2016 06:10 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Our next shipment of kits will consist of GTI, Golf and Golf R trims. Choosing your vehicle on the product page will signify which trim piece you will receive.

      (link)
      Thanks Bill!

    14. Member XM_Rocks's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2005
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      11,304
      Vehicles
      ‘16 GTI
      12-28-2016 06:12 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by MK7GTIinMA View Post
      The other thing about this mod is the 2016+ MIB II screen is 6.5", as opposed to the 2015 MIB I, which is 5.8". It may be worth it to gain over two inches in diameter, but $1K for 1.5"?
      Even for the 6.5" its a 23% gain diagonally.

      That's a huge diff.

    15. Member fyzm7357's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 27th, 2008
      Location
      DFW, TX
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI PP 6MT
      12-28-2016 07:10 PM #38
      Shows as sold out on the website, any ETA on when new shipments will be in?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    16. Member Bill@Eurozonetuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2016
      Location
      East Hartford, CT
      Posts
      1,227
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI, 2008 Audi A3, 2006 VW GLI
      12-28-2016 11:59 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by fyzm7357 View Post
      Shows as sold out on the website, any ETA on when new shipments will be in?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We hope to be receiving the new shipment by the end of this week, early next week at the latest.

      I will post an announcement when the units are in.

    17. 12-29-2016 08:10 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      We hope to be receiving the new shipment by the end of this week, early next week at the latest.

      I will post an announcement when the units are in.
      Thanks I am interested in one for my 2016 R. I didn't know there was a screen size difference between the 2015 R and the 2016 R. That's interesting.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    18. Member Aktunka's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2015
      Location
      Gresham, OR
      Posts
      971
      Vehicles
      2016 VW GTI SE 4 Door DSG with PP and LP Night Blue Metallic
      12-29-2016 10:18 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by mdavies1414 View Post
      Thanks I am interested in one for my 2016 R. I didn't know there was a screen size difference between the 2015 R and the 2016 R. That's interesting.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      If I am not mistaken, it was all of the car models that were using the MIB1 in 2015 that had the smaller screen and lower resolution.

    19. 12-29-2016 10:22 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Aktunka View Post
      If I am not mistaken, it was all of the car models that were using the MIB1 in 2015 that had the smaller screen and lower resolution.
      Believe so .. sans maybe the eGolf, which apparently comes with the 8" screen stock.

    20. Member Bill@Eurozonetuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2016
      Location
      East Hartford, CT
      Posts
      1,227
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI, 2008 Audi A3, 2006 VW GLI
      01-16-2017 09:23 PM #43
      Good evening everyone,

      We currently have GTI and Golf units in stock, ready to ship. Supply is limited.

      VW MK7 GTI/GOLF OEM 8" SCREEN RETROFIT KIT

      Thank you all for your patience, and feel free to PM me with any questions.

      Thanks,
      Bill

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2013
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      366
      Vehicles
      16 VW GTI Autobahn PP DSG
      01-17-2017 12:26 AM #44
      No additional functionality such as video correct?

      sig

    22. Member Bill@Eurozonetuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2016
      Location
      East Hartford, CT
      Posts
      1,227
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI, 2008 Audi A3, 2006 VW GLI
      01-17-2017 12:59 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Miked617 View Post
      No additional functionality such as video correct?

      sig
      Correct.

      Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

    23. Member Bill@Eurozonetuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2016
      Location
      East Hartford, CT
      Posts
      1,227
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI, 2008 Audi A3, 2006 VW GLI
      01-18-2017 10:02 AM #46
      Thanks for your orders guys!

      We still have a few more units in stock, ready to ship. Shipping is free, expedited shipping is available for an additional cost.

      Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

    24. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2011
      Location
      Bloomington, IN
      Posts
      26
      Vehicles
      '16 GTI & '13 Multistrada
      01-18-2017 12:55 PM #47
      Bill, do you have a link to a PDF of instructions? I've only had my '16 GTI for a few weeks, but wanted to look at what's involved in the swap first.

      Thanks!
      '16 GTI, DSG & PP, Tornado Red
      '13 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring, Red (naturally)

    25. Member Bill@Eurozonetuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2016
      Location
      East Hartford, CT
      Posts
      1,227
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI, 2008 Audi A3, 2006 VW GLI
      01-18-2017 01:24 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by ducatisarge View Post
      Bill, do you have a link to a PDF of instructions? I've only had my '16 GTI for a few weeks, but wanted to look at what's involved in the swap first.

      Thanks!
      PM'd you DIY details with photos.

      I will create a blog post on the site tonight for everyone to view.

      Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

    26. Member fyzm7357's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 27th, 2008
      Location
      DFW, TX
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI PP 6MT
      01-18-2017 01:38 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      PM'd you DIY details with photos.

      I will create a blog post on the site tonight for everyone to view.

      Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      Was going to ask the same, thank you for doing this!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    27. 01-28-2017 03:27 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      PM'd you DIY details with photos.

      I will create a blog post on the site tonight for everyone to view.

      Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      Please provide a link to your posted PDF instructions

    Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •