VWVortex.com - What did I do to my Alltrack, today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081 LastLast
    Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2017

Thread: What did I do to my Alltrack, today?

1. 03-21-2019 08:52 PM #1951
      Quote Originally Posted by Jadistk View Post
      Got my '19 manual SEL yesterday after waiting a while for it!

...and it arrived to the dealership with a water stain on the headliner. To be honest, I was debating just leaving the dealership and calling it but I went and talked to the service manager. He seemed very truthful and frank about it and told me it was a big repair where they had to replace the headliner and do some other stuff to prevent it leaking again but he saw them all the time and they knew how to fix them. So I'll get that sorted out.

Other than that, love the car.

I understand your emotional decision - wanting the car you have waited so long for but - It is a huge job! And there are so many variables about the repair if not done correctly ie. tech who does it etc... Don't know if it is possible but I would demand a different car. I have gone through it. Best of luck either way.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2018 Alltrack SEL Deep Black, 2016 Golf SE wife 's car
      03-21-2019 08:55 PM #1952
      Quote Originally Posted by southpawboston View Post
      I'm debating those rear side wings as well. Can't decide if I'd like them on my Tungsten Silver GSW.

I've always paid off my cars within 2-3 years, but since I got 0% for 72 mos on the GSW I have no financial incentive to pay it off early. It's extra cash to put into the kids' 529's. Ugh...
      Well the rear window spoilers in black fit with the black car IMO.
      I didn't get 0% and I'm retired so I don't want payments. I kept my Carrera for 20 years took really good care of it and sold it for enough to buy the Golf R, but it didn't really float my boat as much as I thought it would so I sold it and bought the Alltrack. I love the Alltrack. Just hope the leak doesn't rear it's ugly head again.

Don't intend to go crazy with mods either.
      John
      John SF Bay Area
      2018 Golf Alltrack SEL Deep Black
      (Sold) 2018 Oryx White Golf R, 2009 JSW, 87 911 Carrera Coupe

4. 03-21-2019 08:57 PM #1953
      Quote Originally Posted by KarstGeo View Post
      I really like those and keep debating ordering/installing on my GSW. Good work paying it off. Mine bought in Nov '18 will be paid after the man (taxes) gets his - same, crappy local bank financing to get the best OTD price. Huge DP so not much interest for the ~6 payments I will have made vs. bothering with a refi. Nothing better than driving a paid off car!
      The only thing better is a paid off House

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman, 2018 Alltrack
      03-24-2019 01:49 PM #1954
      Today was spider trap removal day, mission accomplished, but there were a few struggles along the way:

1) wiper removal was harder than I thought. I bought a cheap hand tool and it was outmatched by how tight they were on. I wonder if the dealer over torqued them when it was in for leak fixing? Basically destroyed the tool getting them off, oh well, $20 tool cheaper than dealer labor!

2) I wasn't sure how the front shielding attached, so I ended up loosing 2 of the 3 clips! First one shot across my garage never to be seen again. Second one I kept a hold of, third one I dropped down the engine where I think it ended up on the under engine shield. There was no way I was going to take that off to save one clip. I'll pick up a few from the dealer soon. I want to have a few extra's around as I'm getting my front glass replaced in a few weeks and I won't be surprised if they loose some too.

3) The drivers side front one was a bit of a pain to pry off, it's wayyyyy back there.

4) I couldn't fish my bicycle cable all the way through the driver's front whereas I could on all the others. Instead I poured some water down the drain and it ran through FAST!

5) Passenger rear is totally obscured by the exhaust shield. Once you move that aside though it's easy to pry off.

6) getting the hood shielding back on was a bit tedious

All 4 of my traps had dirt on them, but less than I expected. I'm glad I got this done as my Alltrack will be moving back outside soon to make room in the garage for my Porsche.

6. 03-26-2019 01:25 PM #1955
      My 2018 Alltrack is finally done... New to forums but not to VW. Had a MK7 GTI and Crashed it. It was a SE 6MT. I literally took everything off before the Insurance took it away for a full loss. I ended up getting a 2018 Alltrack SE.

1) Spulen Short Shift Kit
      2) Neuspeed Cold air Intake
      3) Neuspeed Boost Tap
      4) ECS Vent Boost Guage Mount + EVO Digital Boost Guage
      5) APR DogBone Mount
      6) APR Stage I
      7) GFB DV+ Diverter Valve
      8) Mille Miglia Rims in 17"
      9) Euro Fog Light Switch (Remapped the foglight to use the rear reverse light and covered the left tail reverse light using red Lamin-X)
      10) Lamin-x Amber on front fog lights
      11) Sierra LED 12' DUAL White/Amber Light bar inside the grill (custom made mounting bracket to hold the light bar)
      12) Niighlight LED PODS X4 facing front and back on Thule Cargo XT Rack (Wiring done inside of cabin)
      13) Sylvania Low Beam Bulbs
      14) Thule Square bar kit with Cargo XT Rack and Extension kit with a separate switched battery pack for Niighlight Pods (Also have the Kayak Holder and Ski Holder)
      15) 30 Window Tint
      16) Front License Plate Plugs + Tow Hook Front license plate holder
      17) APR Stage I Badge + Debadge of everything except AllTrack and 4Motion badges
      18) I have the Ross Tech Cable because I have owned Audi/VWs for a while. I did most of the VCDS mods on the the following forum page: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...on-an-Alltrack

Here are the pictures:

Last edited by IconAlltrack; 03-26-2019 at 01:32 PM.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '17 Alltrack SE, '15 Passat TDI SEL
      03-26-2019 02:44 PM #1956
      Quote Originally Posted by IconAlltrack View Post
      My 2018 Alltrack is finally done... New to forums but not to VW. Had a MK7 GTI and Crashed it. It was a SE 6MT. I literally took everything off before the Insurance took it away for a full loss. I ended up getting a 2018 Alltrack SE.

3) Neuspeed Boost Tap
      5) APR DogBone Mount
      6) APR Stage I
      9) Euro Fog Light Switch (Remapped the foglight to use the rear reverse light and covered the left tail reverse light using red Lamin-X)
      11) Sierra LED 12' DUAL White/Amber Light bar inside the grill (custom made mounting bracket to hold the light bar)
      12) Niighlight LED PODS X4 facing front and back on Thule Cargo XT Rack (Wiring done inside of cabin)
      14) Thule Square bar kit with Cargo XT Rack and Extension kit with a separate switched battery pack for Niighlight Pods (Also have the Kayak Holder and Ski Holder)
      15) 30 Window Tint
      17) APR Stage I Badge + Debadge of everything except AllTrack and 4Motion badges
      18) I have the Ross Tech Cable because I have owned Audi/VWs for a while. I did most of the VCDS mods on the the following forum page: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...on-an-Alltrack

I didn't read IS20, it's not done.
      '15 Passat SEL (NOS bought April '17 w/ 60 miles on the clock)
      '17 Alltrack SE

Bought back: '10 Jetta TDI sedan manual, '12 Passat SE (roof and Nav)

8. 03-26-2019 05:06 PM #1957
      Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldog12 View Post
      I didn't read IS20, it's not done.
      IS20 is being inquiried on... waiting on a guy who crashed his GTI and hes giving his turbo away since its totaled. Just pay shipping.

BTW - title of the post is "Alltrack is all done...for now"

9. 03-27-2019 02:55 AM #1958

How do you like the DV+?

I put it on my Abarth and found a world of difference. Was considering this for my alltrack as well.

10. 03-27-2019 11:07 AM #1959
      I drove my new 19 White AllTrack S with a manual home today! Cant wait to see what I can do to it!

11. 03-27-2019 11:43 AM #1960
      Quote Originally Posted by scorpione View Post
      How do you like the DV+?

I put it on my Abarth and found a world of difference. Was considering this for my alltrack as well.

I have had the GFB on three cars so far and the turbo flutter is definitely minimized. When you get the APR Stage I - which I had on an AUdi B6 1.8T, a GTI and now the alltrack, I had no flutter on the Audi, A LOT on the GTI and some on the Alltrack. On the GTI it was very noticeable I had flutter on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. On the Alltrack I would get flutter in 2nd, and 3rd - when I was flooring it. The Alltrack with the APR Stage I gets very little in 3rd gear now and thats when my foot was all the way down trying to push the car. Its functions way better than original in either case. You also get the turbo whoosh with out being completely obnoxious. The flutter is supposedly bad for the turbo system so if you are getting any flutter after an ECU upgrade, I definitely recommend the GFB DV+.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 Golf Alltrack SE 6MT, 2000 Golf GLS 1.8T (sold)
      03-27-2019 04:51 PM #1961
      Quote Originally Posted by KrisA View Post
      Today was spider trap removal day, mission accomplished, but there were a few struggles along the way:

1) wiper removal was harder than I thought. I bought a cheap hand tool and it was outmatched by how tight they were on. I wonder if the dealer over torqued them when it was in for leak fixing? Basically destroyed the tool getting them off, oh well, $20 tool cheaper than dealer labor!

2) I wasn't sure how the front shielding attached, so I ended up loosing 2 of the 3 clips! First one shot across my garage never to be seen again. Second one I kept a hold of, third one I dropped down the engine where I think it ended up on the under engine shield. There was no way I was going to take that off to save one clip. I'll pick up a few from the dealer soon. I want to have a few extra's around as I'm getting my front glass replaced in a few weeks and I won't be surprised if they loose some too.

3) The drivers side front one was a bit of a pain to pry off, it's wayyyyy back there.

4) I couldn't fish my bicycle cable all the way through the driver's front whereas I could on all the others. Instead I poured some water down the drain and it ran through FAST!

5) Passenger rear is totally obscured by the exhaust shield. Once you move that aside though it's easy to pry off.

6) getting the hood shielding back on was a bit tedious

All 4 of my traps had dirt on them, but less than I expected. I'm glad I got this done as my Alltrack will be moving back outside soon to make room in the garage for my Porsche.
      Nice work. I found my wiper arms were on really tight from the factory, not just the dealer.

Don't beat yourself up over the clips for the cowl. My dealer screwed them up repeatedly too...

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      '18 Alltrack SE, '71 Karmann Ghia, and wife's '19 Tiguan Limited
      03-27-2019 10:23 PM #1962
      [QUOTE=dholter09;113176129]Finally installed golf r springs & rear tt pads. Love how it sits now, just need to get an alignment.

Also installed ECS Tuning spacers. 12.5mm front and 20mm rear. I didnt go with the flush kit because I have heard that rubs with the stock 17" wheels.

Here are a few quick pics

BEFORE

Westside! That's where I bought my '18 SE 6mt!
      Brad Spear
      Richfield, MN
      2018 Alltrack SE
      Wife's 2018 Tiguan Limited
      Our 1971 Karmann Ghia

14. 03-28-2019 12:40 AM #1963
      I have had the GFB on three cars so far and the turbo flutter is definitely minimized. When you get the APR Stage I - which I had on an AUdi B6 1.8T, a GTI and now the alltrack, I had no flutter on the Audi, A LOT on the GTI and some on the Alltrack. On the GTI it was very noticeable I had flutter on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. On the Alltrack I would get flutter in 2nd, and 3rd - when I was flooring it. The Alltrack with the APR Stage I gets very little in 3rd gear now and thats when my foot was all the way down trying to push the car. Its functions way better than original in either case. You also get the turbo whoosh with out being completely obnoxious. The flutter is supposedly bad for the turbo system so if you are getting any flutter after an ECU upgrade, I definitely recommend the GFB DV+.

I really liked how (at least it felt like) it held the boost better and had better throttle response especially through later gears. Abarth is known for a lag that kicks you at around 4.3k rmps. Funny, I actually found that I could hear the fluttering more after i installed it on my Abarth. But i have a short ram open cone intake as well as an ECU (piggyback) tune. Now with my catless DP and the OEM straight catback, i dont hear much of anything! haha

I put an AEM open intake on the alltrack, and was kinda disappointed by the sound, or lack there of. So i'd consider anything that would give me a bit more engine acoustics. I have the JB4 and AWE track exhaust. Will probably go APR 1 at some point.

Did you notice any change in throttle response?

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2018 Alltrack 6mt & 2016 Golf 5mt
      03-28-2019 08:35 AM #1964
      Quote Originally Posted by MNJetta2013 View Post

Westside! That's where I bought my '18 SE 6mt!
      yes! I've been to Burnsville VW for service and had good luck with them as well.

16. 03-28-2019 06:16 PM #1965

3) Neuspeed Boost Tap
      5) APR DogBone Mount
      6) APR Stage I
      15) 30 Window Tint
      What are those added buttons around the hand brake for?

Vehicles
      2017 GSW 4Motion
      03-29-2019 05:09 AM #1966
      Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Rx View Post
      What are those added buttons around the hand brake for?
      I'm guessing auxiliary lights.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      '17 4Motion GSW, IS38, APR Tune, AWE DP, Uni IC, AFE Magnum;[email protected], 1.98 60'

18. Member
      Vehicles
      93 Passat - 97 Passat - 07 Golf - 07 Jetta - 13 Jetta - 17 Golf R - 18 Alltrack
      03-30-2019 12:44 AM #1967
      Hauled the last of my belongings in the Family Truckster on the 400km journey to the new homestead

Vehicles
      17 Golf Alltrack S, 08 Yukon XL
      03-31-2019 11:08 PM #1968
      Took the winter tires off and put on the new 3 seasons on.
      CLICK * POINT * CHUTE

20. 04-01-2019 10:39 AM #1969
      Quote Originally Posted by Face76 View Post
      I'm guessing auxiliary lights.

Correct. The one under the Handbrake is for the Sierra LED Light bar, its a three position rocker light and this is the only place I could fit it. The blue is for the front pods that I mounted to the front of Thule Cargo XT rack, the red is for the rear LED pods on the rear of the rack that face backwards.

21. 04-01-2019 10:51 AM #1970
      Quote Originally Posted by scorpione View Post
      I really liked how (at least it felt like) it held the boost better and had better throttle response especially through later gears. Abarth is known for a lag that kicks you at around 4.3k rmps. Funny, I actually found that I could hear the fluttering more after i installed it on my Abarth. But i have a short ram open cone intake as well as an ECU (piggyback) tune. Now with my catless DP and the OEM straight catback, i dont hear much of anything! haha

I put an AEM open intake on the alltrack, and was kinda disappointed by the sound, or lack there of. So i'd consider anything that would give me a bit more engine acoustics. I have the JB4 and AWE track exhaust. Will probably go APR 1 at some point.

Did you notice any change in throttle response?
      Definitely a change in throttle response. 2nd gear is the game changer on the APR 1. From what I observed is that theres an additional 6lbs of boost. Before the mod at least on EVO guage it was maxing out at 16psi boost, with the APR I am getting around 22-23. I noticed I was pushing the car yesterday and it started fluttering in 5th gear. If you dont have the dogbone insert or the APR dogbone mount you will not feel the engine as much because it allows for movement of the engine. I do have an spare Spulen street dogbone insert that I ended up not using, if anyone wants it I have all the parts, the bolt, the washer and the insert. Ill let it go for $20 if anyones interested - Just PM me. Its never been used - I tried to install it but versus the APR mount that the dogbone insert is a little tougher to install, especially if you dont have a car lift. You can use a jack to push it in, I just didnt have a spare jack lying around that could reach it.

Vehicles
      A few VW’s
      04-01-2019 03:53 PM #1971
      Not today but the other day.

Splitter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      MYKEY
      IG: @royal_aloha

Vehicles
      17 Alltrack SEL, 18 Tiguan SE 4Mo, and 79 F150/ex scirocco, mk4 and mk5 owner
      04-01-2019 04:19 PM #1972
      More like a mk1 duckbill.

Vehicles
      A few VW’s
      04-01-2019 08:01 PM #1973
      Quote Originally Posted by scirockalot8v View Post
      More like a mk1 duckbill.

Right. Only it goes straight out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      MYKEY
      IG: @royal_aloha

25. Member
      Vehicles
      18 GTI SE 6MT, 17 VW Alltrack SE DSG
      04-02-2019 07:23 AM #1974
      Question for anyone who has played around with aftermarket wheels on the Alltrack. I'm already thinking these will fit, but wanted to verify first.

Looking at a set of 17x7.5 ET35 wheels for our Alltrack. I believe these will sit 13mm closer to the fender by themselves. Then I'm looking at wrapping them in 225/50/17 tires. The wheel calculator I used said they will end up being 17mm closer to the fender in the end. Seeing as the ECS flush kit for the Alltrack 17" wheels is a 20mm spacer front, 25mm spacer back, I think these will fit pretty nicely without rubbing. And I'm on stock suspension.

I assume these will work fine? Anyone running a similar size/offset?

26. Member
      Vehicles
      '17 Alltrack SE, '15 Passat TDI SEL
      04-02-2019 07:48 AM #1975
      i will chime in on ESC spacer kit, the rears will rub with stock 205-55-17 tires but only when heavily loaded (+600lbs) in the back, it's the sidewall that rubbed against the plastic cladding. Take that for what it's worth if you're going wider.
      '15 Passat SEL (NOS bought April '17 w/ 60 miles on the clock)
      '17 Alltrack SE

Bought back: '10 Jetta TDI sedan manual, '12 Passat SE (roof and Nav)

Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081 LastLast