VWVortex.com - What did I do to my Alltrack, today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081
    Results 2,001 to 2,015 of 2015

Thread: What did I do to my Alltrack, today?

Vehicles
      2019 Golf Alltrack SEL 6MT
      04-11-2019 12:26 AM #2001
      Thoughts on aspherical side mirrors? I did a search and there seem to be more people that were disappointed in them for our car and saying the driver-side one was zoomed in (like the passenger side) instead of just aspherical and they didn't like it.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      grey ghost wagon
      04-11-2019 03:41 AM #2002
      Quote Originally Posted by Jadistk View Post
      Thoughts on aspherical side mirrors? I did a search and there seem to be more people that were disappointed in them for our car and saying the driver-side one was zoomed in (like the passenger side) instead of just aspherical and they didn't like it.
      Things will appear smaller, but you get a wider view. This was the first mod I did when I had my AT, and the first mod I did on the last car. In fact it's been the first mod on like my past 12 vw's. I'd agree that newer asphericals have this affect, where per se, the mkiv's didn't.

To each their own, but not having that wide angle in traffic is really annoying to me.
      MOEW: ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ Zomg Zombies ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(×̯×)۶ ¯\(°_o)/¯
      If you have a problem with anything I do here, feel free to call me on my cell to discuss at anytime: (781)452-2079 LEAPRZ

4. Member
      Vehicles
      MK7 GSW TDI
      04-11-2019 04:30 AM #2003
      Quote Originally Posted by syntrix View Post
      Things will appear smaller, but you get a wider view. This was the first mod I did when I had my AT, and the first mod I did on the last car. In fact it's been the first mod on like my past 12 vw's. I'd agree that newer asphericals have this affect, where per se, the mkiv's didn't.

To each their own, but not having that wide angle in traffic is really annoying to me.
      I would add that the blue-tinted non-OEM version is **** quality. I put the originals back on and will reserve judgement on the mirrors until I try the OEM versions (more expensive). TBD as to whether I pull the trigger though...

Vehicles
      17 Golf Alltrack SEL
      04-11-2019 07:48 AM #2004
      I had them on my Passat and loved them. I'm curious to how they will work on the AR since the side mirror is smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Current: 2017 Golf Alltrack SEL

Previous:
      2004 Passat GLS Wagon
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

6. 04-11-2019 09:26 AM #2005
      I have the ECS non-oem ones...they take a few days of getting used to, but I love them. Quality is supposedly not great, but I had had no problems yet, and for the price I would not complain if the self-destruct in another 10k miles.

Vehicles
      2003 Silverstone GTI 1.8t(Gone), 2006 Brilliant Red Audi A3 3.2Q, 2017 VW Golf Alltrack
      04-11-2019 10:20 AM #2006
      I have the ones from DAP and they are perfect. First mod I did to the AT. I previously had the blue tinted ones on my A3 and could not believe I had gone so long without buying them. As mentioned above, the blue tinted ones do not stay blue.
      Mods:Unitronics Stage 1+ | UM DSG Tune | Magnaflow Catback | HPA SHS Coilovers | MODSHACK VTDA intake
      VRSociety #172

Quote Originally Posted by Boost112 View Post
      Interests:Food being shoved in hot chicks faces.... and other stuff....

Vehicles
      17 Alltrack SEL, 18 Tiguan SE 4Mo, and 79 F150/ex scirocco, mk4 and mk5 owner
      04-11-2019 06:34 PM #2007
      Tried jumping my truck with it. Think my starter solenoid is junk.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

9. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf Alltrack SE (DAP)
      04-12-2019 10:45 AM #2008
      Quote Originally Posted by WolfZ View Post
      Picked up a 17 SEL with Lighting and Driver Assist Package. Said goodbye to 04 Passat Wagon.

Oh and also cleared the snow off of it in April.

I did the same thing in February. 04 Passat Wagon GLX for a 2017 Golf Alltrack in White (although I don't have the lighting package).

The most minor of minor annoyances is when your washer fluid is low, it will now say something like "Fill Washer fluid" when it used to say "Top Off Washer Fluid." I just liked the way they phrased it previously.
      HARLEY DAVIDSON: Yesterday's technology at tomorrow's prices.

10. 04-12-2019 08:11 PM #2009

Installed an OEM Bumperdillo on a '19 Alltrack.

I've heard some people say they don't like the contrast of the bumper protector with the Black Pearl paint, but I think it goes well on the Alltrack where it matches the silver body trim around the rear and sides of the vehicle.

Fun story: When I picked up the protector at the dealership parts desk, they tried to over-charge me by $35, but when I showed them the price online they just caved and sold it to me at the standard cost.

11. 04-13-2019 09:56 AM #2010
      Quote Originally Posted by trimetric View Post

Installed an OEM Bumperdillo on a '19 Alltrack.

I've heard some people say they don't like the contrast of the bumper protector with the Black Pearl paint, but I think it goes well on the Alltrack where it matches the silver body trim around the rear and sides of the vehicle.

Fun story: When I picked up the protector at the dealership parts desk, they tried to over-charge me by $35, but when I showed them the price online they just caved and sold it to me at the standard cost.
      Thank you!

I’ve actually been looking for a good picture of the OEM cover on a black Mk7 for some time. It’s settled my decision on whether to go with that or 3rd party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2018 VW ALLTRACK 6MT, 2008 AUDI TT 3.2 6MT, 2002 VW PASSAT SEDAN 5MT
      04-13-2019 12:07 PM #2011
      I just did all three mirrors from DAP. The sides are wide angle as stated and work very well eliminating the blind spots. As specified. The Homelink rear is a fantastic upgrade as well. Style and functionality all the way. I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of these upgrades.

Vehicles
      17 Golf Alltrack SEL
      04-15-2019 06:22 PM #2012
      I couldn't stand the rattling license plate when closing the boot. I put some rubber washers between the plate and mounting bracket. Problem solved!

Current: 2017 Golf Alltrack SEL

Previous:
      2004 Passat GLS Wagon
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

Vehicles
      2019 Golf Alltrack SEL 6MT
      04-16-2019 02:37 PM #2013
      Did some goody coding today with the OBDEleven. Worked well enough but the challenge was matching up 3-4 year old instructions for other MK7 Golfs to the newer car. Things were just placed under different adaptations and stuff. Wasn't able to get several of the codings working though.

Successful:
      Enable fan level display on auto mode
      Window/Sunroof Comfort Open/Close
      Disable Seatbelt Warning
      Gauge Sweep
      ESC Off Option
      Allow windows to keep rolling up even after door is open and ignition off
      Unblock infotainment menus while driving
      Improve throttle response

Unsuccessful:
      Auto Rain Closing
      Passenger mirror dip
      DRL stay on with turn signal (for all of the things it said to change to not active, they were already set to not active )

Vehicles
      '18 Alltrack SE, '71 Karmann Ghia, and wife's '19 Tiguan Limited
      04-16-2019 06:53 PM #2014

Unsuccessful:
      Auto Rain Closing
      Passenger mirror dip
      DRL stay on with turn signal (for all of the things it said to change to not active, they were already set to not active )
      I was successful getting the passenger mirror dip using my Carista. Still can't get Auto Rain Closing.
      Brad Spear
      Richfield, MN
      2018 Alltrack SE
      Wife's 2018 Tiguan Limited
      Our 1971 Karmann Ghia

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman, 2018 Alltrack
      04-16-2019 10:01 PM #2015
      Used it for wagon stuff.

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081