VWVortex.com - UNITRONIC - Tuned MK7 Golf R Owners Thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: UNITRONIC - Tuned MK7 Golf R Owners Thread

1. 01-06-2017 11:37 AM #1
      Inspired by the Eurodyne owners thread. - Thanks!
      This will be a go to thread for all Unitronic Tuned MK7 Golf R Owners.
      Feel free to posts your impressions, thoughts, issues, problems, solutions, Dyno results, 1/4 mile slips, etc...

Bashing & Trashing of others tunes is discouraged... Please don't do it here.

2018 UPDATE:
      Upgraded to Unitronic Stage 2 Overrun file. No issues. Smooth, good top end. Love it!
      USP 3" catted DP
      Sachs Performance Clutch Kit (600 ft lb)
      TTRS - BBK

HISTORY... 2017 :
      Uniconnect+ cable and Unitronic stage 1+ on my 16' Golf R- 6MT - loved it.
      Had a dyno and it made 310whp (crank 375hp +-)

Other Mods:
      Pedalbox
      AFE Stage 2 Pro Air Intake
      Turbo muffler delete
      Unitronic turbo inlet pipe
      Bleeder block mod (drilled to 5/16" I.D.)
      034 Dogbone Mount
      Emmanuel Design - Lowering Springs
      Emmanuel Design - Rear Swaybars

Rice Mods:
      Dieselgeek Short Shifter + Raceseng Shift Knob
      Resonator Delete
      Euro Headrest
      Euro Wide Angle Mirrors
      Neuspeed RSe 102 Wheels - Bronze
      Various VCDS mods
      Last edited by Black_Poppy; 05-13-2019 at 04:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      17' Golf R
      01-06-2017 11:47 AM #2
      Good idea. I'm very intrigued by Unitronic, their support and quality (attention to detail) seem absolutely top notch. Their DSG tune is praised as being one of the best. The ability to do this at home is awesome. I am also puzzled by their inconsistent power claims on their own website. I've only been able to find just a couple of real world dyno charts, mostly for the GTI and they all sadly came away disappointed.

I'll be eagerly waiting for your dyno runs. I have a 17MY DSG with only 800 miles, so I'm not ready yet to tune but I hope to get there by summer.

cheers

Vehicles
      2017 Golf R - Lapiz
      01-06-2017 11:48 AM #3
      OK. Here goes:

Unitronic Stage 2 ECU Software
      Unitronic Stage 2 TCU Software
      Unitronic Uniconnect+ Flash Loader
      Unitronic 2.0 MQB AWD Downpipe - Ceramic Coated by Precision Powder Coating (Melbourne, FL)
      Unitronic MQB Intercooler

I have a bunch of non Unitronic stuff, but I love the build quality of the hardware.

Overall Impressions:

2017 Golf R DSG w/ DCC / NAV / DAP (Unitronic Stage 2 ECU / TCU) Unitronic MQB Intercooler, Unitronic MQB AWD Downpipe. -->Build Thread<-- Project Sleepy R (Ultimate OEM+)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2017 Golf R - Lapiz
      01-06-2017 11:52 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
      Good idea. I'm very intrigued by Unitronic, their support and quality (attention to detail) seem absolutely top notch. Their DSG tune is praised as being one of the best. The ability to do this at home is awesome. I am also puzzled by their inconsistent power claims on their own website. I've only been able to find just a couple of real world dyno charts, mostly for the GTI and they all sadly came away disappointed.

I'll be eagerly waiting for your dyno runs. I have a 17MY DSG with only 800 miles, so I'm not ready yet to tune but I hope to get there by summer.

cheers

Aside from the Dyno Numbers, I can't lie, I love the smooooooothness. Also, I first tuned at about 25 miles, but I live by the motto: drive it off the dealer lot the way you will drive it EVERY day. So, my car constantly thinks that someone stole it.

I may try to locate a AWD Dyno when I get to Puerto Rico but I don't think that there is one very close to me here in Melbourne. Also, the car ships MONDAY.

Just a quick update for you though, the damn thing is getting faster each day. Very nice!
      2017 Golf R DSG w/ DCC / NAV / DAP (Unitronic Stage 2 ECU / TCU) Unitronic MQB Intercooler, Unitronic MQB AWD Downpipe. -->Build Thread<-- Project Sleepy R (Ultimate OEM+)

Vehicles
      17' Golf R
      01-06-2017 11:55 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Siliconrane View Post
      Aside from the Dyno Numbers, I can't lie, I love the smooooooothness. Also, I first tuned at about 25 miles, but I live by the motto: drive it off the dealer lot the way you will drive it EVERY day. So, my car constantly thinks that someone stole it.

I may try to locate a AWD Dyno when I get to Puerto Rico but I don't think that there is one very close to me here in Melbourne. Also, the car ships MONDAY.

Just a quick update for you though, the damn thing is getting faster each day. Very nice!
      I'm new to turbos and tuning so it's a scary world out there for me

8. 01-06-2017 01:49 PM #6
      I have the ECU stage 1 + and the DSG Stage 1 on my 17 R. I could not be happier with the tune from start to finish. Literally only takes 5 mins to flash with the uniconnect + cable at home. Adding the DSG tune made the ECU tune complete. Great tune from a great company in Unitronic. John Staffi and his team do a great job.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf R Pure White 6MT & Tech Unitronic Stage II, 2014 Tiguan RLine
      01-06-2017 02:34 PM #7
      I'll chime in:

2016 Golf R/6 speed
      Uniconnect + Stage 2
      Unitronic Intake
      AWE Tuning TBE
      DG Sigma 6 Shifter
      RSR Tuning Clutch to handle Stage 2 Power

Thought long and hard about whether to go with APR or Unitronic and went with Unitronic because of Uniconnect and their reputation for customer service. Being a Canadian company helps as well.

Very satisfied with tune thus far. Had since Sept 2016.

Dan

Vehicles
      2016 Golf R Oryx
      01-06-2017 02:34 PM #8
      Bought my '16 R w/DSG in Nov '16 as a CPO from a local VW dealer with 3,900 miles on it. Put 300 miles on the car and decided to do the ECU Stage 1+ (93 octane) tune. Very happy with the results and runs great. It definitely feels like a sub 4 sec 0-60 car now. It is my daily driver so I do not do a lot of hard launches or track duty but the power gain is unbelievable considering no hardware (CAI, downpipe) has been added. Did not do the DSG tune and may only do so if I decide to go Stage 2.

Last edited by cal45; 01-06-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Vehicles
      15 Golf R
      01-06-2017 02:45 PM #9
      This is great, I'm gonna copy this and do a United Motorsports one and I literally mean copy, your intro works well for my taste, no sense reinventing the wheel.
      Current: 2015 R DSG DCC/NAV
      Prior: 2013 R, 2007 MS3

12. Member
      Vehicles
      LB Mk7R DSGDCC
      01-06-2017 04:19 PM #10
      Thanks for doing this. I was thinking why no one has yet just the other night.

I just removed my JB1 and am in the process of installing Uni 1+ with Uniconnect, but I'm getting an error saying vin does not match user...

Waiting on a call back

Anyone have any inkling as to what might be the issue? I triple checked the VIN and didn't have any issues registering my cable.

APR Stg1, Forge CAI, BMS TMD, 034 Dogbone, Leyo knobs

13. Forum Sponsor John@Unitronic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      MK3 TTRS
      01-06-2017 05:59 PM #11
      Thanks for the feedback everyone!

If anyone has any questions, concerns, etc., I encourage everyone to email us at tech [at] getunitronic [dot] com. If you're a Unitronic Client, then you can login into your account on our website and open a support ticket. Please remember, there is nobody that can better support our product than us ourselves and we're more than happy to provide support to our Clients.

cheers
      I'm sorry that you're puzzled by our power claims on our website. First, we have both an in-house DTS/Superflow Engine Dynamometer and a Maha Chassis Dynamometer that we utilize for research, development, and testing.

For the MQB platform, we utilized our engine dyno for the majority of research and development, as it allowed us to instrument the engine with a number of additional sensors to collect ample data. The stock output we measured on our engine dyno was 318HP/300LB-FT TQ. VW and Audi engine output is quite commonly under-rated and we almost always product more power then VW / Audi rated it for.

The "gains" in the gray bar near the top of our website list gains over VW/Audi's published stock figures, whereas the stock figures in our dyno graphs are Unitronic recorded stock figures on our dyno. I hope this helps to clear up any confusion. If you don't think the engine makes 318HP/300 LB-FT TQ stock, you're more than welcome to strap a Golf R engine to an engine dyno and find out for yourself! You'll be surprised, if you're skeptical now.

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconrane View Post

Get in touch with our Authorized Dealer, Eurohouse in Puerto Rico. They have access to an all-wheel drive dynojet, if you're interested. Keep in mind that power output to the wheels will be significantly different than output to the crankshaft, so we always recommend doing a few stock baseline runs, and then tuned runs and compared the gain you saw to the gain we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by pp8771 View Post
      I have the ECU stage 1 + and the DSG Stage 1 on my 17 R. I could not be happier with the tune from start to finish. Literally only takes 5 mins to flash with the uniconnect + cable at home. Adding the DSG tune made the ECU tune complete. Great tune from a great company in Unitronic. John Staffi and his team do a great job.
      Thanks for your feedback and kind words. Glad you're enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop71 View Post
      I'll chime in:

2016 Golf R/6 speed
      Uniconnect + Stage 2
      Unitronic Intake
      AWE Tuning TBE
      DG Sigma 6 Shifter
      RSR Tuning Clutch to handle Stage 2 Power

Thought long and hard about whether to go with APR or Unitronic and went with Unitronic because of Uniconnect and their reputation for customer service. Being a Canadian company helps as well.

Very satisfied with tune thus far. Had since Sept 2016.

Dan
      Thanks for your feedback, Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
      Bought my '16 R w/DSG in Nov '16 as a CPO from a local VW dealer with 3,900 miles on it. Put 300 miles on the car and decided to do the ECU Stage 1+ (93 octane) tune. Very happy with the results and runs great. It definitely feels like a sub 4 sec 0-60 car now. It is my daily driver so I do not do a lot of hard launches or track duty but the power gain is unbelievable considering no hardware (CAI, downpipe) has been added. Did not do the DSG tune and may only do so if I decide to go Stage 2.

Thanks for choosing Unitronic!

Quote Originally Posted by Hessen7R View Post

I just removed my JB1 and am in the process of installing Uni 1+ with Uniconnect, but I'm getting an error saying vin does not match user...

Waiting on a call back

Anyone have any inkling as to what might be the issue? I triple checked the VIN and didn't have any issues registering my cable.
      From time to time, either Clients provide the incorrect VIN to our Authorized Dealer, or the Authorized Dealer assigning the cable to the Client make a typo in the VIN, which would result in the issue that you're having. I'm very sorry that you're having the difficulty, but rest assured that either one it is, we can easily recitify this for you. In some cases, verification about your order is required internally to ensure that everything goes smoothly, so we must reach out to the Authorized Dealer to verify some times, which can take some time. If you don't hear back, please either open a support ticket within your UniConnect+ account on our website if you haven't already.
      UNITRONIC — Performance Software & Hardware for your VW® /Audi® / Porsche®
      Web: GetUNITRONIC.com | Tel: (866) 341-2447
      Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

14. 01-06-2017 06:31 PM #12

Waiting on a call back

It happened to me too. Dealer screw up my email add.
      As John said above keep in touch with them and it wll be dealt with right away.

And it's a god thing John noticed our thread right away. We now know he's onboard.
      Last edited by Black_Poppy; 01-06-2017 at 06:34 PM.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      LB Mk7R DSGDCC
      01-06-2017 06:48 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Black_Poppy View Post
      It happened to me too. Dealer screw up my email add.
      As John said above keep in touch with them and it wll be dealt with right away.

And it's a god thing John noticed our thread right away. We now know he's onboard.
      Issue rectified. There was a typo with the VIN. No worries.

EDIT:
      Using the tool, the tune took 20 minutes. Not bad. All in, a piggy back can take just as long to install/uninstall, so invested time is about the same. Going to a tuner shop, a flash can take up to an hour.

REVIEW (see bottom line for summary):

For the sake of interested users and n00bs, I wanted to offer a side by side comparison of the following tunes, based on personal experience, in chronological order: APR, BMS, Unitronic. Please keep in mind that this is just my personal opinion and review.

Disclaimer: They are all great tunes with solid reputations. I'd stand behind any one of these guys any day. However, what I'm going for is convenience, versatility, and preferred driveability. For example, in my journey, I was looking for something (tune vs. piggy back) I could do at home that delivers desired smoothness, along with peak numbers gained at Stg2 with bolt-ons vs others (for expansion later).

APR Stg1: An excellent tune with a lot of torque in the low end. So much so that it feels like it pushes your innards back into your body. It comes on very quick, but beyond ~5K, things start to plateau. This is great for 0-60mph punch times, but may leave your appetite hanging in the top end. As you know, it's about $50-100/per flash to stock, to tune, vice versa. That adds up if you're trying to stay within warranty, not to mention time is $$$. Hence, my decision to look for something I have a little more control over. Purchased this tune at $799+labor = $850+ (not including taxes) and ended up returning it after a week. Had to pay $50 to flash back to stock (variable fee). Usually goes on sale for $699 for Stg1. If you buy APR downpipe, you don't need to pay an upgrade fee for Stg1 to Stg2. If you break down, remember to send to a tune friendly shop so they can reflash to stock, then have it delivered to VW. Some VW dealers are APR friendly. Check their website. Option is for "set it and forget it" or those who have VW-APR friendlies.

BMS JB1 Stg1: Excellent bang for your buck that is about at par with a flash tune for 0-60mph times and even 1/4 mile times as compared to Stg2 APR, et al. with bolt-ons. On Map1, I was breaking traction in launch control. I was very happy with the ability to plug and play, modify boost settings, try various maps, and support a solid company with great service. The power delivery is very smooth and linear -- think OEM+. Overall, not as fast as APR obviously, yet down the track, things start to become a wash. That's why I think the decision to choose between the three is a very subjective decision because you as a human prefer certain response characteristics. Purchased this module for $379, data cable: $35 = $415. JB4 upgrade is $125, which is recommended for DP purposes/Stg2. Option is for the objective tinkerer.

Unitronic Stg1+: Not to my surprise, the power delivery is smooth and pulls into the high RPMs, which is satisfying because the innard squashing effect during day to day driving, to me, isn't something I'm aiming for. To each his own here. It's kind of the opposite, more or less, to the APR tune. BMS JB1 is kind of a combination between the two flashes (or in the middle) in terms of smoothness delivery. I haven't tried a launch because it's raining here, so maybe a later update if anyone is interested, but I'm hedging it'll be 3.5-4.0 seconds. When pulling in first and second gear while raining though, I was breaking traction, so I think there's still some power delivery I'm not feeling in my butt yet. I think APR gets below 3.5 with people using a P3, but I heard those are a little subjective. I'm guessing Uni is around 3.75 and BMS is around 4.0. Purchased Stg2 (includes 1,1+), $750. Uniconnect cable: $150 (fixed). For those who want a combination of APR and BMS. Overall, I do wish the tune did have a little bit more bottom end TQ, but am satisfied with the current configuration. Perhaps in the next version?

Bottom Line: What are my thoughts? Am I happy with Unitronic results after all those transitions? Yes. Do I wish I would've stayed with one over the other? No. You? Depends. If you plan to never flash back to stock and like lots of bottom end TQ while sacrificing some upper end HP, then APR all the way. If you like to fiddle with parameters (boost) and use different maps (including methanol kit, track option), install/remove module yourself (including lifting the car), a more OEM+ balanced power delivery, then BMS. If you want the smooth torque delivery (OEM++) and higher top end HP that continues to pull linearly, ability to flash at home, removes speed governor (ditto: APR), etc., then Unitronic.
      Last edited by Hessen7R; 01-06-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Vehicles
      17' Golf R
      01-06-2017 08:05 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      For the MQB platform, we utilized our engine dyno for the majority of research and development, as it allowed us to instrument the engine with a number of additional sensors to collect ample data. The stock output we measured on our engine dyno was 318HP/300LB-FT TQ. VW and Audi engine output is quite commonly under-rated and we almost always product more power then VW / Audi rated it for.

The "gains" in the gray bar near the top of our website list gains over VW/Audi's published stock figures, whereas the stock figures in our dyno graphs are Unitronic recorded stock figures on our dyno. I hope this helps to clear up any confusion. If you don't think the engine makes 318HP/300 LB-FT TQ stock, you're more than welcome to strap a Golf R engine to an engine dyno and find out for yourself! You'll be surprised, if you're skeptical now.
      John, thanks for the explanation. To be honest I find the numbers in the gray bar to be misleading (although all tuners do this). In order to compare apples to apples between tuners the relevant numbers are obviously before/after on the same dyno. For the sake of a fair comparison, the relevant numbers should be:

APR
      Stock reading on their dyno: 294hp/296tq
      Stage 1 93 Octane High Torque: 370hp/383tq
      Gains: 76hp, 87tq

Unitroinc
      Stock reading on their dyno: 318hp/300tq
      Stage 1+: 375hp/350tq
      Gains: 57hp/50tq

So for an apples to apples comparison APR Stage 1 93 Octain High Torque gains roughly 19hp/37tq over Unitronic. This is not at all a knock on Unitronic, it just that people often compare numbers that tuners post "over published stock numbers", which of course does not account for dyno differences between tuners.
      Last edited by MDGolfR; 01-06-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Vehicles
      17' Golf R
      01-06-2017 08:13 PM #15
      Great review Hessen7R, would be curious to see your 0-60 times when it's dry out!

Vehicles
      17' Golf R
      01-06-2017 08:17 PM #16
      John, et al, a few questions:

1) Is there a reason to purchase the tune/uniconnect through a dealer vs. direct through the website?
      2) Are tunes ever updated, if so how do customers know to reflash to get the latest and greatest?

19. Member
      Vehicles
      LB Mk7R DSGDCC
      01-06-2017 08:29 PM #17
      John, thanks for the explanation. To be honest I find the numbers in the gray bar to be misleading (although all tuners do this). In order to compare apples to apples between tuners the relevant numbers are obviously before/after on the same dyno. For the sake of a fair comparison, the relevant numbers should be:

APR
      Stock reading on their dyno: 294hp/296tq
      Stage 1 93 Octane High Torque: 370hp/383tq
      Gains: 76hp, 87tq

Unitroinc
      Stock reading on their dyno: 318hp/300tq
      Stage 1+: 375hp/350tq
      Gains: 57hp/50tq

So for an apples to apples comparison APR Stage 1 93 Octain High Torque gains roughly 19hp/37tq over Unitronic. This is not at all a knock on Unitronic, it just that people often compare numbers that tuners post "over published stock numbers", which of course does not account for dyno differences between tuners.

EDIT: I have to recant after thinking more about the baselines and the measured gains as CHosenGSR pointed out. We should be looking at the measured gains. Considering measured output then, Uni Stg1+ would fall in between BMS and APR, which would explain my bottom line summary. Sorry if I caused any confusion.
      Overall, I am still satisfied with the tuning strategy based on aforementioned reasons.

ChosenGSR, look at the reported stock numbers from VW (292hp, 280tq), take the delta between the two tunes, and also compare peak numbers.
      Secondly, you have to consider you're reporting the high torque numbers, which "may require" an upgraded clutch or the DSG TCU upgrade to avoid slippage, per APR, so that adds onto cost, which is part of the context ($699; on sale: $599). I'm sure they may allow you to do a high torque, but I wouldn't want to subject my transmission to that kind of power without a TCU tune.

APR Stg1, low tq, 93 octane: 370HP, 363TQ. Delta: -05HP, +13TQ.
      Unictronic Stg1+, 93 octane: 375HP, 350TQ. Delta: +05HP, -13TQ.
      Last edited by Hessen7R; 01-07-2017 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Recant

20. Member
      Vehicles
      LB Mk7R DSGDCC
      01-06-2017 08:32 PM #18
      Great review Hessen7R, would be curious to see your 0-60 times when it's dry out!
      Thanks ChosenGSR. I'll be sure to test butt/time it when dry. It seems like you have a lot of reservation about Unitronic versus APR. I don't mind that, but it seems like you've already decided and will probably best most satisfied with APR (since you're a numbers guy?). Are you still trying to tease the numbers out? I'll admit, it's not easy. It's really a matter of options and personal preference it seems after having read the threads. Maybe try test driving them? They have return policies? That or another member on the forum might let you try? GLW the decision.

Cheers.
      Last edited by Hessen7R; 01-06-2017 at 09:04 PM.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      LB Mk7R DSGDCC
      01-06-2017 08:36 PM #19

1) Is there a reason to purchase the tune/uniconnect through a dealer vs. direct through the website?
      2) Are tunes ever updated, if so how do customers know to reflash to get the latest and greatest?
      1.) Tune through dealer: you'll need to pay for each flash, back and forth to stock versus tune.

I purchased via Erotuning.com the Uniconnect+. Can flash up to Stg2 when I get a DP without paying tuner.

2.) You'll have a registered e-mail, so assuming they update, they'll notify you. John? I'd like to see them take user feedback and update as necessary, i.e., marginal performance improvements as appropriate.
      Last edited by Hessen7R; 01-06-2017 at 08:42 PM.

22. Forum Sponsor John@Unitronic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      MK3 TTRS
      01-06-2017 08:55 PM #20

1) We don't offer Software or UniConnect+ purchasing through our website, as it's important for us to support our Authorized Dealer Network. Many Authorized Dealers offer online ordering, making it a breeze to order. Alternatively, you call any of our Authorized Dealers to order over the phone.

2) Generally speaking, our Performance Software is thoroughly developed and tested prior to a public release. Under no circumstances do we allow for a public release before it meets our strict quality control. With that being said, if there does happen to be an update, we notify Clients by email if their ECU box code is affected. In the event that this does happen, with UniConnect+, you have the unique ability to flash the update yourself, without needing to visit a Dealer for the reflash, too!

In response to the comparison with other tuners' output, the difference in output can be attributed to the difference in tuning strategies. As I previously mentioned, we've spent a significant amount of time ensuring that our performance software is well engineered to deliver maximum performance without compromise to reliability or drivability. We utilize our in-house DTS/Superflow Engine Dyno for a greater majority of our performance software development for the MQB platform; combined with our MAHA chassis dyno to ensure the final product we're delivering to our clients is something that you can (a) feel confident spending your hard earned money on, (b) trust our performance software with your new VW/Audi, and most importantly, (c) thoroughly put a smile on your face each and every time you get into the driver's seat.

After significant R&D/testing, along with analyzing the empirical data, we calibrated our performance software to deliver maximum performance without compromising reliability or drivability. We couldn't justify the risks observed through testing and analysis of the empirical data stemming from increased boost pressure [beyond what we've released in our calibrations] for the torque spike increase obtained from such. Hope that helps!

23. Forum Sponsor John@Unitronic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      MK3 TTRS
      01-06-2017 09:00 PM #21
      1.) Tune through dealer: you'll need to pay for each flash, back and forth to stock versus tune.

I purchased via Erotuning.com the Uniconnect+. Can flash up to Stg2 when I get a DP without paying tuner.
      Just to be clear, so nobody gets the wrong impression — you do not have to visit an Authorized Dealer to get flashed with UniConnect+. However, if this is the route you choose, applicable labor charges at the Authorized Dealer may apply, if the Authorized Dealer charges labor for OBD-2 port reflashes. Many folks see the value and freedom in UniConnect+ as a result. Also, you must purchase the Stage that you intend with starting at and subsequently flash this stage on your first flash with the UniConnect+.

Vehicles
      16 R, 12 z4
      01-06-2017 09:02 PM #22
      1) We don't offer Software or UniConnect+ purchasing through our website, as it's important for us to support our Authorized Dealer Network. Many Authorized Dealers offer online ordering, making it a breeze to order. Alternatively, you call any of our Authorized Dealers to order over the phone.

2) Generally speaking, our Performance Software is thoroughly developed and tested prior to a public release. Under no circumstances do we allow for a public release before it meets our strict quality control. With that being said, if there does happen to be an update, we notify Clients by email if their ECU box code is affected. In the event that this does happen, with UniConnect+, you have the unique ability to flash the update yourself, without needing to visit a Dealer for the reflash, too!

In response to the comparison with other tuners' output, the difference in output can be attributed to the difference in tuning strategies. As I previously mentioned, we've spent a significant amount of time ensuring that our performance software is well engineered to deliver maximum performance without compromise to reliability or drivability. We utilize our in-house DTS/Superflow Engine Dyno for a greater majority of our performance software development for the MQB platform; combined with our MAHA chassis dyno to ensure the final product we're delivering to our clients is something that you can (a) feel confident spending your hard earned money on, (b) trust our performance software with your new VW/Audi, and most importantly, (c) thoroughly put a smile on your face each and every time you get into the driver's seat.

After significant R&D/testing, along with analyzing the empirical data, we calibrated our performance software to deliver maximum performance without compromising reliability or drivability. We couldn't justify the risks observed through testing and analysis of the empirical data stemming from increased boost pressure [beyond what we've released in our calibrations] for the torque spike increase obtained from such. Hope that helps!
      Hey John just a quick question so are you saying that from the VW stock 292hp it's plus 75hp for stage 1+ and or based on yours dyno stock 318hp it's 53hp for stage 1+ ? Other wise I'm really confused haha

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP
      2016 Lapiz R - DCC/DSG -Remus Non Resonated Sports Exhaust - 19's Hyper Black RSE102 - Euro tails - Double Apex Garage-Xpel Ulti

25. Forum Sponsor John@Unitronic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      MK3 TTRS
      01-06-2017 09:06 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by tonipepperoni77 View Post
      Hey John just a quick question so are you saying that from the VW stock 292hp it's plus 75hp for stage 1+ and or based on yours dyno stock 318hp it's 53hp for stage 1+ ? Other wise I'm really confused haha

VW published output = 292hp/280lb-ft tq
      Unitronic recorded stock output = 318hp/300lb-ft tq
      Unitronic Stage 1+ output = 375hp/350lb-ft tq

Unitronic Stage 1+ over VW published stock output = +83hp/+70lb-ft
      Unitronic Stage 1+ over Unitronic recorded stock output = +57hp/+50lb-ft

Hopefully this table helps you understand.

Vehicles
      16 R, 12 z4
      01-06-2017 09:08 PM #24
      VW published output = 292hp/280lb-ft tq
      Unitronic recorded stock output = 318hp/300lb-ft tq
      Unitronic Stage 1+ output = 375hp/350lb-ft tq

Unitronic Stage 1+ over VW published stock output = +83hp/+70lb-ft
      Unitronic Stage 1+ over Unitronic recorded stock output = +57hp/+50lb-ft

Hopefully this table helps you understand.
      Okay perfect thanks for the clarification John!

2016 Lapiz R - DCC/DSG -Remus Non Resonated Sports Exhaust - 19's Hyper Black RSE102 - Euro tails - Double Apex Garage-Xpel Ulti

Vehicles
      17' Golf R
      01-06-2017 09:11 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by tonipepperoni77 View Post
      Okay perfect thanks for the clarification John!

See my post for a apples to apples vs APR. APR also posts over stock numbers, but if you do the math using their dyno charts you can get their numbers over their own measured stock. I feel like I'm back in school

John, one more question. For 2017MY, are both ECU/TCU tunes already available?

Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast