VWVortex.com - *****PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the search******
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: *****PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the search******

Vehicles
      GTI
      01-19-2017 03:00 PM #1

Please use the search.
      There are a lot of posts being created when the same exact post is on the next page of the forum.
      The more topics asking the same questions over and over just add to the wrong answers being given.

There is also this topic…
      ****The Official MKVII Golf and GTI DIY/FAQ thread****

If you find a topic that you would like added please post in the topic what section and I'll add it.

Thank you
      Last edited by EPilot; 01-19-2018 at 01:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 01-19-2017 04:06 PM #2
      But but OP searching is hard!!! I just want to post my question in 15 seconds and have others spoon feed information to me.

/s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      ‘16 GTI
      01-19-2017 04:19 PM #3
      Thanks for this!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI S DSG 4 Door
      01-19-2017 08:43 PM #4
      Forum rules should be required reading before you're allowed to post, lol.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '15 GTI
      01-21-2017 01:02 AM #5
      I know you were talking about my recent thread 'Lip Vs. No Lip Wheels'. You moved it into the same thread that I've been reading through for days looking for the answer to my question though.
      I attempted a search by going with 'Wheel Lip No' with the intent that it was vague enough to give me a thread with comparisons of wheels with lips vs wheels without lips.

You placed my post in a thread that wasn't designed to be about lip vs. non-lip wheels. It was to be about photos of aftermarket wheels. So, although your intentions were good it feels like it dilutes the original purpose of the thread.

Vehicles
      GTI
      01-21-2017 08:46 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by assassinmedic View Post
      So, although your intentions were good it feels like it dilutes the original purpose of the thread.
      Wasn't singling you out. But…
      All of the wheel questions in one topic is better and is a better resource than having them spread across multiple one answer topics.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      '15 GTI
      01-29-2017 12:55 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by EPilot View Post
      Wasn't singling you out. But…
      All of the wheel questions in one topic is better and is a better resource than having them spread across multiple one answer topics.
      One week later and no one bit and gave their thoughts (well, one said lips were better)...but other than that, participation on this didn't happen.

I can understand your point of view on trying to keep 'like' items alike but at what point is the topic narrow/broad enough?
      You could put the wheel thread in a 'performance thread',more vague but also less likely for someone to find what they are searching for. You could go a step further and put the thread in a 'modification thread', or even broader by simply going to 'GTI' thread.

So, respectfully I sincerely understand that your task (keep a forum organized) has got to be super tough. But, in the past I have tried to talk about a topic that is related to the thread I am commenting in, I have been called out for hyjacking a thread and going in a different direction.

With that, if you have came across any threads that specifically asked the questions that I did (in particular wheels w/lips versus w/o), I would love if you could PM me. Thanks for your time.

Brian

Vehicles
      GTI
      08-15-2017 12:41 PM #8
      PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE USE THE SEARCH PEOPLE.
      There has been a lot of duplicate topics lately.

Thanks
      Your tired from merging topics moderator

Vehicles
      GTI
      09-21-2017 08:44 PM #9
      PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE USE THE SEARCH PEOPLE.

Thanks

Vehicles
      17 CSGM GTI Sport DSG
      11-16-2017 10:43 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by EPilot View Post
      PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE USE THE SEARCH PEOPLE.

Thanks
      Two months later and even more duplicate topics. I think the site needs to initiate some sort of policy to enforce reading the rules. Hell I even violate them some times, but you always get me ><. The biggest forums I'm a part of has a thing where after making an account, if you post in the first three months you get a "stupid noobie" avatar to let people know that you couldn't follow the rules. Of course this is a forum you have to pay to be part of, and pay to change your avatar and so on so forth. That being said I'm way more careful there then I am here because I have money invested. So maybe it will never work for a free forum.
      Save the Drama for Your Llama

Vehicles
      GTI
      11-17-2017 09:51 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by WrathAndTears View Post
      Two months later and even more duplicate topics. I think the site needs to initiate some sort of policy to enforce reading the rules. Hell I even violate them some times, but you always get me ><. The biggest forums I'm a part of has a thing where after making an account, if you post in the first three months you get a "stupid noobie" avatar to let people know that you couldn't follow the rules. Of course this is a forum you have to pay to be part of, and pay to change your avatar and so on so forth. That being said I'm way more careful there then I am here because I have money invested. So maybe it will never work for a free forum.
      Pretty much the only way to help out the forums with this is reporting topics. That will alert me that there is a duplicate topic and will help put the forum.
      There isn't any other mechanism built into the forums to combat the "newbie no search syndrome".

Vehicles
      2013 GTI / 2017 GTI / 68 Chevy C10
      11-28-2017 09:44 PM #12
      Point well taken. I just searched on sunroof rattle and 8 threads about it popped up!
      2017 Mk VII GTI 2013 Mk VI GTI 1974 Kawasaki H2, 2008 Honda CRF150R

Vehicles
      GTI
      01-19-2018 12:31 PM #13
      PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE USE THE SEARCH PEOPLE.

Thanks

Vehicles
      GTI
      07-23-2018 11:47 AM #14
      PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE USE THE SEARCH PEOPLE.

Thanks

Vehicles
      GTI
      05-23-2019 09:13 AM #15

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the search.
      There are a lot of posts being created when the same exact post is on the next page of the forum.
      The more topics asking the same questions over and over just add to the wrong answers being given.

There is also this topic…
      ****The Official MKVII Golf and GTI DIY/FAQ thread****

If you find a topic that you would like added please post in the topic what section and I'll add it.

Thank you