VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1993 Vw Fox Coupe

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Wildcat177 
#1 ·
1993 Vw Fox Coupe "Wolfsburg Edition"

Original 1.8L and 5speed 250k+ (Unsure)

Ive owned this car for almost 6years now. Its been a FL car since new, I love the car. Its been great to me, but I bought another "fun" car. Ill admit that the Fox has been sitting most of the time for the past year or 2. If I drive the car Its once every 3 weeks or longer. Ill wash it, maybe cruise for an hour or so and then park it and put the cover on.

Pros:
Nice paint (4 years old)
Custom suspension
2 sets of wheels
15s with 2 new tires. Others have 60-70%
14in wheels with 40% tread. Only seen one other set in pics from Sowo years ago
Has cold A/C (with all the vents)
Clean interior with cedar headliner
Older but nice sound system
Keyless entry/alarm
Lots of new parts within 2yrs including; front shocks, steering arms, all brake components, distributor assembly, wires, plugs, radiator, water pump, upper hose, lower hose, and expansion tank.

Cons:
Has some rust. Small areas around windshield that are visible. Small areas around the trunk not visible.
Shifter. I broke the front support ear off the transmission. I welded the rod to the trans mount.
All the gears are there and easy to find. Its just not as precise as it once was.
Windshield drops some water during heavy rain. Could use a re-seal or could be the rust?
Trunk leaks a little
The car is pretty low. A problem for most. It can be raised, but due to mk2 rear struts the rear can only go up an inch.

Asking a sentimentally attached $4500. Shoot me offers.

Will take more pics upon request.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.