VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Iso/wtb 2013 tt rs

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  12TTRSDJ 
#1 ·
Hello All,

New to this side of the forum; coming from the VW side.

I have been on the hunt for a well maintained, black TT RS for a while now. Modded or not. Sub 50k miles. It'd be great if it were close to the Mid-Atlantic region (I reside in Northern Virginia). Most of the ones I have found are of questionable quality from third party dealers. I just don't have the trust in those to put up 35-45k.

If you guys have any up for sale, information or recommendations on where to look it'd be greatly appreciated.

V/r,

Justin

#2 ·
FV-QR

If you're willing to take a different color and you don't need a 2013 (there are no changes between the years), I have a 2012 in Sepang Blue that I'd like to sell in the next month or so. (I have an M2 coming and the dealer trade value for my TT was an insult.)

#4 · (Edited)
Haven't even driven the M2 yet. :eek:

My previous car was a MkV R32. Now I'm in the TTRS, which I wanted ever since they finally decided to bring it here, and am very happy to have had the chance to own one for a while.

Problem is that the TTRS still at its heart is a FWD-based car, and I'm looking for something different now. I also want rear seats that are usable for an actual adult for a while; the TT's backseats are storage or baby seats only. One of my other beefs about the TTRS is that it is based on the 2006-2007-era Mk2 TT... so super-old in terms of tech. The MFD screen is so outdated-looking. The factory nav system, in a 2012 car, still uses a DVD (which has to be in the unit in order to setup a route - hope you don't want to listen to a CD). There's no bluetooth music streaming in it without 3rd party stuff or an aftermarket radio. It has no backup camera. Several of these features I had actually added (via OEM+ upgrades) to my 2008 R32, so the 4-model-year-newer TTRS was actually a step backwards from what I had before. :screwy:

I don't have room for a large car (my side of the garage is abbreviated due to my house being split-level and the entrance being in front of my car).

I looked at the RS3, but the sunroof takes away too much headroom. I'm tall and I want to be able to take it to track days; I don't fit in the RS3 with a helmet on. The "sport seat" also has no way to fit a Schroth harness to it; I'm fat and the better belts help keep me from flying all over the place during a track day. :p Plus, again, RS3 is still FWD-based and very nose heavy.

If we got the RS3 hatch here, I would probably fit a helmet even with a sunroof, and the huge utility of the hatch might be enough to make me ignore the harnessbelt issue... but it's not sold here, so I started looking at other options.

The Golf R is supposed to be great... but again, still FWD-based. I am also so bored of the small turbo 4cyl motor that is in basically every car on the market these days. I was spoiled by the VR6 and then the I5T...

If I could fit an ATS-V in the garage (and if I could get over the terrible infotainment system), I'd think about it, I get the GM family price... They are supposed to handle as well as or better than BMW these days, but I've heard their V6 turbo is kind of "meh."

Hence, M2.

#6 ·
Black 2012 TTRS 48k Miles

Ive got a great looking Black TT RS I've been thinking about selling.

Colorado Springs

Carbon fiber mirror package, APR stage one tune, 200 miles on Michelin sport 4s tires, Second set of rims as well.

Its been very well cared for and Ive only had the tune for about 1k miles. I drive it weekly, Never in weather and i have Concourse Motorsports do all the work on the vehicle. They are the premier exotics car place here in Colorado Springs. They absolutely love the car. HAHA!

Was thinking about putting it on craigslist and/or this site.

Let me know if ya want more info. I'll prolly do an official post next week with pics and details if you don't reply or have interest.

This is my first time posting as well so not sure how the whole process works so bare with me if I'm slow to respond.

Thanks!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.