VWVortex.com - 2018 Acura TLX facelift revealed - The return of the A-Spec package
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Acura TLX facelift revealed - The return of the A-Spec package

Vehicles
      1994 Volvo 940 Turbo Wagon, 1984 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT, 1994 Miata R-Package
      04-11-2017 06:02 PM #1

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
      Acura has unveiled a refreshed and significantly enhanced 2018 TLX performance luxury sedan, delivering the brand's Precision Crafted Performance design direction to its core sedan. The all-new TLX A-Spec takes the sedan's design in an even more emotional direction, further broadening the brand's appeal to younger buyers. The Acura TLX also will be one of the most technologically advanced and well-equipped vehicles in the segment with new technology features including Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™ and AcuraWatch™ standard on all grades. The 2018 TLX is slated to go on sale at Acura dealerships nationwide in June.

The 2018 TLX boasts a more aggressive and sporty look inspired by the Acura Precision Concept that debuted last year, a design direction that has successfully influenced the styling of the 2017 MDX luxury SUV. Acura's signature diamond pentagon grille, paired with changes to the sedan's stance, proportion, wheels and sheet metal boosts its presence on the road.

"We've really upped the ante in terms of styling, emotion and road presence, more effectively communicating the TLX's dynamic capabilities," said Jon Ikeda, Acura vice president and general manager.

The 2018 TLX design illustrates its three variants with distinct characteristics. The 2.4-liter i-VTEC inline-4 cylinder TLX receives a sporty new front fascia featuring the diamond pentagon grille, a new bumper, more sculpted hood, fenders, redesigned Jewel Eye™ headlight design with LED turn signal and a new standard 17-inch wheel and tire package.

The V6 TLX models add an aggressive, refreshed rear fascia with exposed, rectangular dual-exhaust finishers, rear diffuser and standard 18-inch wheels. The V6 TLX with Technology Package adds a new chrome side sill garnish, all-new seats with contrast piping and stitching, and a power-operated thigh extension on the driver's seat. The Advance Package gains additional technology including trapezoidal LED fog lights, Surround View Camera system, built-in wireless charging pad, white LED ambient light piping in 10 locations throughout the cabin, a heated steering wheel and heated rear outboard seats, a body-colored decklid spoiler, and power-folding side mirrors.

Acura's acclaimed torque vectoring Super Handling All-Wheel Drive® (SH-AWD™), the best handling all-wheel drive system in the industry, is available for the first time on all V6 TLX models, previously available only with V6 models equipped with Technology or Advance Packages

New TLX A-Spec

Reflecting Acura's Precision Crafted Performance DNA, the new TLX V6 A-Spec is available in two-wheel drive and SH-AWD™ configurations, adding character and performance inside and out. An exclusive front fascia, round LED fog lights, aggressive side sills, rear diffuser accented by large, round dual-exhaust finishers and gloss black decklid spoiler creates an even bolder character. Exclusive, dark finish 19-inch wheels paired with wide 245-series tires complement a sport-tuned suspension with more aggressive damper settings and retuned electric power steering for a sharper, more precise handling experience. TLX A-Spec models with SH-AWD also receive a stiffer spring rate and rear stabilizer bar for improved body control. Gloss black trim and A-Spec badging on the rear decklid, fenders, side sill garnish and steering wheel completes the look.

On the inside, a host of sport-oriented refinements and premium features include exclusive leather seats with increased bolstering, red driver's meter highlights, brushed aluminum-look interior trim, and a thick-rimmed sport steering wheel. Two A-Spec exclusive interior color choices are offered: Red leather or Black leather with Alcantara™ seat and door inserts. Premium enhancements borrowed from the top trim Advance Package include wireless charging pad, ventilated front seats and red LED ambient light piping (white on the Advance Package).

Technology Enhancements

The 2018 TLX is the first Acura to feature a refreshed dual-screen user On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD 2.0) interface that supports Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™ and Sirius XM 2.0. New software improves the system response time and offers more intuitive menus and command structures for a seamless and quicker user experience – approximately 30 percent faster. An enhanced 7-inch touchscreen has a capacitive display that is more responsive to the touch and is positioned within easy reach of the driver and front passenger.

With its unique AcuraWatch™ suite of technologies, the 2018 Acura TLX is the only vehicle in its class with standard crash avoidance and active driving-assistive features. AcuraWatch™ includes Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) with automatic emergency braking, Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (LSF) and Road Departure Mitigation (RDM). AcuraWatch uses a millimeter wave radar and monocular camera sensing technology to detect other vehicles as well as lane markings and can help intervene to prevent or mitigate the severity of a collision. With Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow and Lane Keeping Assist, AcuraWatch can significantly decrease the driver's workload during freeway cruising by maintaining a set speed and following interval, initiating both braking and throttle inputs, and adding steering input to help the driver maintain their position in the detected lane.
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by Carson Fiber View Post
      Get a life already Loser
      |||||||

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 04-11-2017 06:08 PM #2
      NO Horsepower details?

I'm a little upset about a bad sexual episode I had last night.
      Vehicles
      2015 Forester, 2006 CR-V
      04-11-2017 06:08 PM #3
      Want.

So much better than the Beak.
      A loving welcome from TCL

Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Life is way more fun with people you enjoy being around.

Vehicles
      04-11-2017 06:09 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by amdmaxx View Post
      NO Horsepower details?
      It's exactly the same as the current car. No mechanical changes/upgrades apart from what the A-Spec package brings (which is not much).
      Get a life already Loser
      |||||||

Vehicles
      Various POSes in good mechanical condition
      04-11-2017 06:11 PM #5
      Amazing. Acura has completely forgotten how to design a grille.
      "No manual, no care."

Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      It wasn't just about the top of the dash. Or stroking it. It was just the overall feel inside the cabin. Everything was fine until you looked at the dashboard.

7. 04-11-2017 06:11 PM #6
      Motor1 disagrees or clueless?

https://www.motor1.com/news/142085/2...ura-tlx-debut/

No word on if it’s an updated version of the 3.5-liter engine, or the rumored new 3.0-liter. Acura hasn’t said how much horsepower these two engines will produce either, but it’s safe to assume they’ll show a significant bump over the 206 and 290 horsepower (153 and 216 kilowatts) available on the outgoing model.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      It's exactly the same as the current car. No mechanical changes/upgrades apart from what the A-Spec package brings (which is not much).

Vehicles
      FJ Audi A5
      04-11-2017 06:11 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by amdmaxx View Post
      NO Horsepower details?
      Probably no changes. Just be glad the A-Spec AWD gets some handling and chassis improvements.
      2019 Audi A5 - back to the brand after 28 years
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

Vehicles
      2001 Accord
      04-11-2017 06:18 PM #8
      This doesn't look unattractive at all.
      Quote Originally Posted by compy222 View Post
      every on ramp was full of the sound of evil thunder consuming the spent souls of thousands of dinosaurs a minute.

04-11-2017 06:19 PM #9
      No thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

Vehicles
      2014 Cappuccino shawty, 2016 White Panda
      04-11-2017 06:25 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      No thanks
      no love for the red tango?
      Quote Originally Posted by konigwheels View Post
      Wow, it amazes me that we have children in here that can't read a couple paragraphs. No wonder America's doing so well in education! Can't take the time to read, but sure can find the time to post. Self indulgence at it's finest.

TL;DR should be banned and changed to ID;CR or I'm dumb, can't read.

Vehicles
      2012 A6 3.0T, 2013 BMW 128i
      04-11-2017 07:17 PM #11
      Acura is taking on Lexus for worst front grille design. And winning by a hair.

Too bad, I like everything else a lot, though the center dash feels dated somehow.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 Acura TSX
      04-11-2017 07:20 PM #12
      I like that it now has visible exhaust pipes.

Maybe that makes me a tool, but it helps the look a lot.

Vehicles
      '15 BMW i3 REX, '16 Audi TTS, '13 Viper GTS
      04-11-2017 07:26 PM #13
      Starting to look more like a car, and not an amtrak train again.

Too bad it looks like a car from 2005.

Vehicles
      2018 Civic Type-R
      04-11-2017 07:26 PM #14
      "The return of the A-Spec package"?

Isn't it already on the ILX?
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      I'm filming this thread. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I've had some bad experiences with threads in the past.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I like when dumb people quote mechanical grip as a metric of whether or not a car is fun to drive. It's like saying McDonald's is the best restaurant because you get a lot of calories for your money.

16. 04-11-2017 08:31 PM #15
      Looks cheap as ****. Absolutely pass, and what a disappointment.

17. 04-11-2017 08:37 PM #16
      Ok, that is not bad at all. It looked awful on the spy pics but this is pretty nice. A lot of car for the money but I wish they made them a little more sporty.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      13 Infiniti M37 Sport, 03 MB C230 Kompressor
      04-11-2017 09:23 PM #17
      Might as well put a KIA badge on that car. Cheap and unattractive!

04-11-2017 09:40 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by gti5dr06 View Post
      no love for the red tango?
      I SAID NO THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Dino_Latino View Post
      Kia's look better than this.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

Vehicles
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      04-12-2017 10:52 AM #19
      I'm having trouble seeing the value in this when the 2018 Camry gets a 295 HP V6 plus suspension upgrades.

It's an Accord! With red seats. Yaaaahhhhh I guess

Vehicles
      GTI | Sport
      04-12-2017 11:00 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Shmi View Post

Too bad, I like everything else a lot, though the center dash feels dated somehow.
      I have a feeling this will be just like the Lexus spindle grille, where it only works on the biggest platforms (I like the spindle a lot on the LS and RC).

I do think this design is marginally better than the shield. Although I don't understand why the grilles have to be so damn big - this looks almost comical. Shrink it by 20-25% and you've got a winner.
      17 gti sport | 16 xc60 t5 | seventwosix

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      04-12-2017 11:13 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Shmi View Post

I totally fail to see how this is bad or even objectionable. Like, I can understand not liking the Lexus spindle, but this is so inoffensive....it's like getting mad at Paul Rudd. I can see how the weird diamond-shaped elements in the middle of it could be irritating, but the shape itself is pretty anodyne.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 04-12-2017 at 11:16 AM.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling and

Quote Originally Posted by caj1 View Post
      the magniloquent messiah of the butthurt former VW owners.

Vehicles
      04-12-2017 11:15 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by dcmix5 View Post
      "The return of the A-Spec package"?

Isn't it already on the ILX?
      Shows you how much I care about Acura's sedan lineup

Sad!
      Get a life already Loser
      |||||||

Vehicles
      2013 VW Passat SEL Premium Dieselgate
      04-12-2017 11:19 AM #23
      Really?! Time for an eye exam.
      2013 Passat SEL Premium Dieselgate
      Instagram!
      My flickr

Vehicles
      2012 A6 3.0T, 2013 BMW 128i
      04-12-2017 11:19 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      I totally fail to see how this is bad or even objectionable. Like, I can understand not liking the Lexus spindle, but this is so inoffensive....it's like getting mad at Paul Rudd.
      Just subjectively bad. I guess there's nothing objectively wrong or anything, it just looks godawful to me and provokes a negative reaction, personally. The way the bumper and grille jut outwards to a point like a snow plow v-blade, and the shape of the grille itself. Just gross.

But if you like it, then , plenty of options out there for everyone.

Vehicles
      2019 Tiguan SE 4M, 2010 GTI, 2001.5 Passat, 2010 Civic, 2006 Pilot
      04-12-2017 11:24 AM #25
      I don't hate the grille. But now the dash turns my stomach.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast