VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Boost leak (hissing from passenger side)

21K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mags27 
#1 ·
Hi to all members,

because we slowly running out of ideas I would like to turn for help from you guys.

I have 2005, 3.0 TDI V6 (BKS) Touareg and I can hear boost leak from 1500 rpm to 2500 rpm. If I floor the gas pedal after 2500 rpm boost leak stops. I figured out this week that there warmer outside air is the louder the hissing is at cold weather it almost does not hissing. Maybe there is some valve? What have we missed?

What we have done till today / changed:

- VAGCOM - no errors,
- physical inspection of all hoses,
- replaced intercooler for new one,
- we changed hoses/parts marked with green (replaced by new ones).

After I check and replaced parts I drive it to VW center. Without solution.

Slowly driving me crazy.

What have we missed? I would be grateful for any idea, advice.

Thank you all for taking time.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi to all members,

because we slowly running out of ideas I would like to turn for help from you guys.

I have 2005, 3.0 TDI V6 (BKS) Touareg and I can hear boost leak from 1500 rpm to 2500 rpm. If I floor the gas pedal after 2500 rpm boost leak stops. I figured out this week that there warmer outside air is the louder the hissing is at cold weather it almost does not hissing. Maybe there is some valve? What have we missed?

What we have done till today / changed:

• VAGCOM - no errors,
  • physical inspection of all hoses,
  • replaced intercooler for new one,
  • we changed hoses/parts marked with green (replaced by new ones).

After I check and replaced parts I drive it to VW center. Without solution.

Slowly driving me crazy.

What have we missed? I would be grateful for any idea, advice.

Thank you all for taking time.
Hi Gregafx,
Did you ever end up finding the solution to your problem I am currently experiencing the same issues with what sounds like a boost leak between 1400-2500rpm with light acceleration.
Cheers,
Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.