VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The Bring A Trailer (BAT) watch thread

1M views 12K replies 546 participants last post by  Zinhead1 
#1 ·
I think we're overdue for a thread to post or discuss the wonderful oddities and tragedies from Bring A Trailer .

What are you watching?
What can you reasonably afford?
What are you bidding on?

#3 ·
I'm also watching the e34 since mine is pretty similar. (except stanced according to Ross) There seems to be a steady stream of M5s M6s and 928s there.

I keep an eye on all the vintage 4x4 stuff with thoughts of buying something out west and driving it home over a vacation and selling it.

I tossed a few bids at this one but it went over what I was willing to spend.

#4 ·
I'm also watching the e34 since mine is pretty similar. (except stanced according to Ross) There seems to be a steady stream of M5s M6s and 928s there.
Unstance that thing and put a wing on it.

#7 ·
I tent to watch early 996's in general, but this example caught my eye since it's painted in Obin Red. I mean, Arena Red :D

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-porsche-911-carrera-2/

Nice original finish except for the rear bumper, IMS bearing replaced, and recently reupholstered seats, and enough mileage that the car should be leak free without being too high at 75k. Looks like a nice example of the 996, interested to see what the transaction price will be.

#9 ·
I bought a vehicle on BaT before. It was a great transaction and BaT had little to know involvement apart from being the platform.

Buyer called within minutes of winning and was easy to work with. Doubt they all go that way.

The one thing I love about BaT is that the peanut gallery does a great job of going over cars w/ a fine tooth comb.

#28 ·
The one thing I love about BaT is that the peanut gallery does a great job of going over cars w/ a fine tooth comb.
That's my favorite part.

No Reserve: 1983 Cadillac Eldorado ($502) Wife and I are still itching to get another 80s Caddy. Miss her Brougham.
The Biarritz convertibles are pretty rare, aren't they?

Edit....it's a coupe

I'm watching this. The color is gorgeous and if I were to want an Audi, it would be just like this.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-audi-s4-avant-4/

#15 · (Edited)
#24 ·
#31 ·
#36 ·
I loved the peanut gallery on there. They really helped drive up the price on my 356. Then I had a guy come look at it and he spilled all over there about how nice it was, as soon as he said that it jumped another 10k. I'll be selling my 58 on there too after I take it through a show season. That site has the right people tapped; you put up a nice car that can be verified and it will sell for what its worth.