Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2207

Thread: The Bring A Trailer (BAT) watch thread

Vehicles
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      03-13-2019 12:39 PM #2151
      Quote Originally Posted by KrisA View Post
      Be still my beating heart!

Notchback 80's awesomeness!!!

I used to have an 87 notchback GT-S, red on black. I loved that car, so fun to drive, so fun to get loose in the rain. Mine was my daily driver through my university years so unfortunately it started with a bit of rust and ended with a lot of rust. I get the appeal of getting back into the car of your youth, but it's crazy for me to think that this thing could end up selling for nearly what I paid for my minty 2012 Cayman.
      That last AE86 went for $20k and that car didn't present as well as this one does. Will be interesting to see where it ends up. Should be well over $15k.

2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
      Vehicles
      mk4 futura 1.8T GTI, mk6 CW GTI, awd outlander sport
      03-13-2019 12:55 PM #2152
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      Would be so great ot have as a display
      praise the lowered
      ¡save manuel!

Originally Posted by George Bluth >>
      It's so obnoxious when VW Golf/Jetta owners comment

Vehicles
      W116 - W123 - AMG - Land Rovers
      03-13-2019 03:53 PM #2153
      Quote Originally Posted by shimps1 View Post
      I think the BaT tax is real,
      I think the ''BaT tax'' is simply what buyers are willing to pay for the extra service they get from BaT. You aren't getting a hi-res photo gallery with 200+ pictures on Craigslist. You don't have a bunch of of experts (and sometimes not) chiming in the comment section on eBay pointing out certain things that need to be highlighted or to watch out for. You don't have a system that holds non-paying bidders accountable if they run after win an auction on eBay either.

All this adds value to a transactions, and people will pay for that. Especially when dealing with cars that aren't going to be daily drivers.

You want a cheap car, go to Craigslist and or a used car lot that that gets their stuff from auctions. You want a new car, go to a dealer and play those games. You want a niche car, from an owner who has taken care of it and has all the info you need, BaT is your answer.
      Last edited by Harv; 03-13-2019 at 03:55 PM.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Chevrolet SS 6M
      03-13-2019 09:01 PM #2154
      Low mileage '86 560SEC... But the instruments are in metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Here we can all drive like Colin McRae in his prime, earn $25k a month and bang super models. We can also text and drive.
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      The manual may be in an iron lung, but it isn’t dead yet.

03-13-2019 09:09 PM #2155
      I think the BaT tax is real
      Obviously it is real otherwise car dealers wouldn't be flipping cars on BAT.

Half of the car on there were previously on a classify somewhere. You can always do a VIN search in google before you bid. Granted most dealers also put in some effort to service/update the car but you are sometimes paying $5k more for a set of new tires and oil change.

Vehicles
      2014 Wrangler, 2018 RX350
      03-13-2019 09:24 PM #2156
      Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
      I think the ''BaT tax'' is simply what buyers are willing to pay for the extra service they get from BaT. You aren't getting a hi-res photo gallery with 200+ pictures on Craigslist. You don't have a bunch of of experts (and sometimes not) chiming in the comment section on eBay pointing out certain things that need to be highlighted or to watch out for. You don't have a system that holds non-paying bidders accountable if they run after win an auction on eBay either.

All this adds value to a transactions, and people will pay for that. Especially when dealing with cars that aren't going to be daily drivers.

You want a cheap car, go to Craigslist and or a used car lot that that gets their stuff from auctions. You want a new car, go to a dealer and play those games. You want a niche car, from an owner who has taken care of it and has all the info you need, BaT is your answer.
      My point was though, you are not necessarily getting what you think you are paying a premium for. That car I referenced in my post was at most at $10k car, with significant swirls, curb rashes, tires almost to the wear bars, and other small things that really do not show well in any of the photos on the site. I know that because I saw the car in person. Now, I will concede that this car had photo quality (not quantity) that was below average for a typical BaT listing, if I was the buyer, paying essentially $4k over market plus shipping plus BaT fee, I would be extremely disappointed when the shipping truck pulled into my driveway.
      Current:
      2003 BMW M3, 2017 Nissan Rogue, 2018 Lexus RX350.
      Past:
      1990 Mazda Miata, 1998 Land Rover Discovery, 2002 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2, 2013 VW GLI, 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition.

8. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      03-13-2019 10:26 PM #2157
      My point was though, you are not necessarily getting what you think you are paying a premium for. That car I referenced in my post was at most at $10k car, with significant swirls, curb rashes, tires almost to the wear bars, and other small things that really do not show well in any of the photos on the site. I know that because I saw the car in person. Now, I will concede that this car had photo quality (not quantity) that was below average for a typical BaT listing, if I was the buyer, paying essentially $4k over market plus shipping plus BaT fee, I would be extremely disappointed when the shipping truck pulled into my driveway.
      The buyers remorse would be strong with that one.
      Instagram - efrie004

Vehicles
      991.1 GT3RS
      03-13-2019 11:33 PM #2158
      No different than buying a car sight unseen, anywhere.

There's always going to be surprised, generally of the unpleasant kind.
      Past: 997.2 C2S, 997.2 GT3
      Present: 991.1 GT3RS (PTS)
      Future: Carrera GT

10. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      03-13-2019 11:43 PM #2159
      My friends MFI Carrera is up right now. That’s an awesome car. I’ll be sad to not see that one around. It went camping with us at Laguna Seca last year, and I tied an easy up to my SS to make sure it wouldn’t bump that car.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      ‘77 Ford Bronco ‘85 Toyota 4x4 ‘87 930 ‘07 BMW e91 ‘08 Xterra
      03-13-2019 11:52 PM #2160
      Quote Originally Posted by DonPatrizio View Post
      That's an Icon build, it's like Singer for old SUVs.
      I'm well aware of what it is I just don't see it myself. It is well done but mostly a collection of components that could be put together for less than the near quarter million dollar current bid. I'm not sure I would put Icon at the same lever as a Singer, close but not quite. Interesting to watch either way.

Vehicles
      '67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '13 CC
      03-14-2019 08:51 AM #2161
      Quote Originally Posted by TJSwoboda View Post
      Is it just me or is that door a different color than the rear quarter panel?

03-14-2019 09:07 AM #2162
      Quote Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
      Same color. Different shade perhaps. Or perhaps it's just the lighting conditions. Pictures never tell the whole truth. This is why people with high expectations don't buy a car unseen and instead get a professional PPI or get a paint depth meter and measure every panel on the subject car and peers so one has a better idea which panels have original finish and which ones don't.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      17 Alltrack 05 Dakota 91 318iC 89 325i 80 D150 SWB 76 Rabbit
      03-14-2019 09:31 AM #2163

Did you make a comment on your experience with the car?

Vehicles
      2012 Chevrolet Cruze, 2016 Raleigh Merit Competition
      03-14-2019 09:32 AM #2164
      Quote Originally Posted by TJSwoboda View Post
      Low mileage '86 560SEC... But the instruments are in metric.
      It's Swayze-approved:

Kegels - Team MLP
      Pearl Jam - Hartford 10 | Soundgarden - Mansfield 11 | Chris Cornell - Torrington 11 | Rush - Bridgeport 12 | Soundgarden - NYC 13 | Soundgarden - Wallingford 13 | Pearl Jam - Worcester 13 | Chris Cornell - New Haven 13 | Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Hartford 14 | Steely Dan - Wallingford 14 | Yes - Mashantucket 17

West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Vehicles
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 17 Escape, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      03-14-2019 09:35 AM #2165
      Quote Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
      Same color. Different shade perhaps. Or perhaps it's just the lighting conditions. Pictures never tell the whole truth. This is why people with high expectations don't buy a car unseen and instead get a professional PPI or get a paint depth meter and measure every panel on the subject car and peers so one has a better idea which panels have original finish and which ones don't.
      Auction says this:

The exterior is finished in Diamond Blue Metallic (932) with matching lower trim, and paintwork is reported to have been performed to the driver’s-side door and quarter panel.

03-14-2019 10:07 AM #2166
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      I'm well aware of what it is I just don't see it myself. It is well done but mostly a collection of components that could be put together for less than the near quarter million dollar current bid. I'm not sure I would put Icon at the same lever as a Singer, close but not quite. Interesting to watch either way.
      Without receipts it's hard to truly know what any Icon or Singer truly costs to build. A few years ago an article estimated something like $150,000-$195,000 for the Icon build plus $7,500-$15,000 for the vintage Bronco upon which the build was based. But I'm sure the sky is the limit and given inflation the costs of labor and materials rarely ever goes down. I know cost doesn't equal value. But if market demand for these things is strong, if supply is extremely limited and if Icon has a 2-3 year waiting list for new ones then prospective buyers might be willing to pay a premium to enjoy something that's close enough to their ultimate Bronco right now. $200k-$250k for a SEMA worthy custom built Bronco doesn't seem that extravagant or out of line. Not to mention the write-off for the charitable gift.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      ‘77 Ford Bronco ‘85 Toyota 4x4 ‘87 930 ‘07 BMW e91 ‘08 Xterra
      03-14-2019 10:53 AM #2167
      Without receipts it's hard to truly know what any Icon or Singer truly costs to build. A few years ago an article estimated something like $150,000-$195,000 for the Icon build plus $7,500-$15,000 for the vintage Bronco upon which the build was based. But I'm sure the sky is the limit and given inflation the costs of labor and materials rarely ever goes down. I know cost doesn't equal value. But if market demand for these things is strong, if supply is extremely limited and if Icon has a 2-3 year waiting list for new ones then prospective buyers might be willing to pay a premium to enjoy something that's close enough to their ultimate Bronco right now. $200k-$250k for a SEMA worthy custom built Bronco doesn't seem that extravagant or out of line. Not to mention the write-off for the charitable gift.
      It certainly adds up quick. I think if I was willing to spend that much on one I'd prefer it to look a little more like this one, it was built Cal Auto Creations and sold at Barrett Jackson in January for $148,500.

Vehicles
      2018 GLC43 Coupe
      03-14-2019 09:07 PM #2168
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Six digit Mustang?
      Yes, it's up to $90k with plenty of time left. The 2 Grand National sales from 2 weeks ago will probably have some influence on the outcome of this Mustang
      Current: 2018 GLC43 AMG Coupe
      Gone but not forgotten: Corrado VR6, C5 RS6, E60 M5, Corrado G60

20. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      03-14-2019 10:44 PM #2169
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      I always loved how Ford put the distributer at the from of the motor.

I hated doing plugs and wires on GM's back many moons ago because of the placement.
      Instagram - efrie004

21. 03-15-2019 01:52 PM #2170
      Cool to see an S600, even if it is halfway around the world.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-honda-s600-3/

It's also a good excuse to post up one of my fave episodes of Leno,
      much good noise,
      and the patina + mods = perfection.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S2K, '18 GSW, '18 CX5 GT
      03-15-2019 02:56 PM #2171
      The whole driver side is FUBAR. From the front signal light all the way to the rust bubble in the bondo behind the rear tire.
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

23. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Vehicles
      SR71 C30 t53a/b
      03-15-2019 06:11 PM #2172
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      I always loved how Ford put the distributer at the from of the motor.

I hated doing plugs and wires on GM's back many moons ago because of the placement.
      Cry me a river...

At least GM had an access door on the distributor cap to adjust the dwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

Vehicles
      Corrado Lysholm, 2014 Challenger R/T manual, 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Hurst manual & 2001 SVT Lightning
      03-18-2019 10:40 AM #2173
      Quote Originally Posted by andlf View Post
      I bet this will go for some big $$$, it's already at $50k and it just started.

306-Mile 1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...svt-cobra-r-2/

$90k with 1 day left.
      Carz: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group-*Challenger RT
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      Yep, when I see andlf as the thread starter, it's a mandatory click now.
      G stands for GRENADE, 60 stands for what the tach says when it happens!.."Here"

Vehicles
      Corrado Lysholm, 2014 Challenger R/T manual, 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Hurst manual & 2001 SVT Lightning
      03-18-2019 10:53 AM #2174
      2004 Volkswagen R32

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...swagen-r32-23/

This 2004 Volkswagen R32 is equipped with a 3.2-liter VR6 which sends power to all four wheels through a 6-speed manual transaxle and Haldex all-wheel drive system. The car is one of 5,000 examples built for the US market, and is finished in Reflex Silver over 18″ OZ Racing wheels and a black leather interior. Modifications include a black grille and side trim, tinted windows and tail lamps, and red-painted brake calipers on aftermarket rotors. This R32 shows 129k miles after four years with the selling dealer in Oregon, and is offered with an accident-free Carfax report as well as a clean Washington State title.

Chassis: WVWKG61J54D132670
      129k Indicated Miles
      3.2L VR6
      6-Speed Manual Transaxle
      All-Wheel Drive
      Reflex Silver over Black Leather
      18" OZ Wheels
      Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors
      Tinted Rear Windows
      Black Grille & Side Trim
      Sunroof
      Clean Carfax Report
      Private Party or Dealer: Dealer

Carz: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group-*Challenger RT
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      Yep, when I see andlf as the thread starter, it's a mandatory click now.
      G stands for GRENADE, 60 stands for what the tach says when it happens!.."Here"

26. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      03-18-2019 11:35 AM #2175
      Quote Originally Posted by andlf View Post
      $90k with 1 day left.

And that's all I can say about that!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889 LastLast