VWVortex.com - RCD-330 Plus 187B FAQs
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Results 76 to 93 of 93

    Thread: RCD-330 Plus 187B FAQs

    1. 12-31-2018 07:58 AM #76
      hello people, a small problem i have please. I have fitted the rcd330 to a 2006 T5 using the ISO adapter harness with built in canbus emulator. Everything woks greät and I have wired it up correctly I think.. except the reverse camera. When i am sat on the drive and select réverse the camera comes on perfect but when I drive the van any distance the fuse for the reverse lights blows.. the blue wire from the canbus adapter is connected to the 12v live reversing lights as instructed?

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. 02-18-2019 10:04 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by ax77 View Post
      Has anyone here tried the new firmware that was just released? Found here http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=873
      Did you end up installing it? Curious what upgrades occurred. I am specifically interested if it communicates current play information to the MFI and allows fast forward/rewind from the steering wheel.

      Thanks
      Nathan


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    4. 02-24-2019 10:29 PM #78
      Hi kang4600,

      I also have a 2016 Tiguan (base model) - and am interested to make this switch/upgrade.

      Can you let me know what you ended up with? Where did you get your unit, and what did you have to do to get everything working?

      thanks so much!
      Eric

      Quote Originally Posted by kang4600 View Post
      Thanks for sharing. I have a 2016 Tiguan and plan to replace the factory radio with the 187b radio. Could you send me a link where you bought the adapter 2015 to 2003? Also I am a little lost in the camera part. What do the CVBS pins look like? Did you plug in the blue connector to the adapter which connects to the new radio? Thanks in advance.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2012
      Location
      AL
      Posts
      726
      Vehicles
      12 Tiglean (wife), 08 r36'ish
      02-25-2019 11:25 AM #79
      I haven't been able to create an account on the website and get the latest FW. Anyone have success with that or have the FW?

    6. 03-07-2019 12:03 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by nford View Post
      Did you end up installing it? Curious what upgrades occurred. I am specifically interested if it communicates current play information to the MFI and allows fast forward/rewind from the steering wheel.

      Thanks
      Nathan


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      yes I did. It doesn't do any of that. I bought it because android auto has some annoying bugs that I thought it would fix but it didn't. I actually didn't notice any difference. The guy selling it is a total scammer

    7. 03-17-2019 05:37 AM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by ax77 View Post
      yes I did. It doesn't do any of that. I bought it because android auto has some annoying bugs that I thought it would fix but it didn't. I actually didn't notice any difference. The guy selling it is a total scammer
      I do agree that it is a bit of a scam, but it's not totally true that it does not do anything. For me it fixed the terrible sounding bass in 5314. The granular volume controls for all of the navigation (Android Auto), Google Assistant, Media etc. is also a very welcome addition.

      I am looking into installing this radio into a 2016 Tiguan which currently has a composition color radio, part number 561035150. Do I only just need the ISO Upgrade Radio Adapter FOR VW 2003 To 2015 MQB To PQ?

    8. 03-18-2019 03:39 PM #82
      Hi can anyone explain me where should i connect the power +12V of the camera? The fuse box, ACC + of quadlock ...

      Thank You

    9. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2009
      Location
      Kaiserslautern, Germany
      Posts
      13
      Vehicles
      '05 Saab 9-3, '04 EB Explorer V8 4X4
      03-24-2019 08:28 AM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by mniadna View Post
      Just put an RCD330 187b in my 2017 Jetta S. I ordered the "ISO Upgrade Radio Adapter 2015 to 2003" harness with the radio and it was pretty much plug an play. No messing with pins. You just need to drop out "5F" and add "56" in the CAN module. Only problem I had was the antenna adapter has a short in it. The seller is shipping me a replacement one, though. I also ordered a RGB/CVBS converter for the rear camera, but that didn't get here yet.
      I think it was this adapter. I am (bravely) waiting for someone else with a 2017 Jetta S to upgrade to Android Auto without losing their rear camera or Bluetooth... before I bite the bullet myself.

    10. 03-27-2019 11:30 AM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by Radom View Post
      I do agree that it is a bit of a scam, but it's not totally true that it does not do anything. For me it fixed the terrible sounding bass in 5314. The granular volume controls for all of the navigation (Android Auto), Google Assistant, Media etc. is also a very welcome addition.

      I am looking into installing this radio into a 2016 Tiguan which currently has a composition color radio, part number 561035150. Do I only just need the ISO Upgrade Radio Adapter FOR VW 2003 To 2015 MQB To PQ?
      what firmware version are you running?

    11. 03-31-2019 12:57 AM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by ax77 View Post
      what firmware version are you running?
      The RCD330 is running 5516, but it is currently not connected to anything since I need to install it in the Tiguan. I am waiting for my harness adapter to come in the mail.

      5516 isn't bug free, no matter how much the seller wants you to believe that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

      The bug that I can confirm is that if you are using Android Auto, and you turn the car off without first unplugging your phone, the radio WILL prompt you to pair your phone again on the next start up. I find it to be a minor enough bug considering the upgrade in sound quality from 5413.

      I think there is also a bug in it where if you use Google Assistant while listening to spotify/Google Music/Whatever music app, the audio will go to crap because it will switch to low bitrate mono audio via the front two speakers only (since this is what the assistant uses to speak). The way to get it back to normal seems to be to switch to a different audio source (media in, radio, etc.) and then switch back to Android Auto. I do not use streaming apps though, so this does not affect me much and I haven't experienced it myself.


      On the topic of installing this thing into my 2016 Tiguan S:
      I am reading conflicting information about the reverse cameras though in 2016+ cars. Do they work without changing anything or does the camera still need to be replaced with an aftermarket component one? Someone said that their 2017 Jetta did not need anything changed out?

    12. 04-03-2019 01:30 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by Radom View Post
      The RCD330 is running 5516, but it is currently not connected to anything since I need to install it in the Tiguan. I am waiting for my harness adapter to come in the mail.

      5516 isn't bug free, no matter how much the seller wants you to believe that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

      The bug that I can confirm is that if you are using Android Auto, and you turn the car off without first unplugging your phone, the radio WILL prompt you to pair your phone again on the next start up. I find it to be a minor enough bug considering the upgrade in sound quality from 5413.

      I think there is also a bug in it where if you use Google Assistant while listening to spotify/Google Music/Whatever music app, the audio will go to crap because it will switch to low bitrate mono audio via the front two speakers only (since this is what the assistant uses to speak). The way to get it back to normal seems to be to switch to a different audio source (media in, radio, etc.) and then switch back to Android Auto. I do not use streaming apps though, so this does not affect me much and I haven't experienced it myself.


      On the topic of installing this thing into my 2016 Tiguan S:
      I am reading conflicting information about the reverse cameras though in 2016+ cars. Do they work without changing anything or does the camera still need to be replaced with an aftermarket component one? Someone said that their 2017 Jetta did not need anything changed out?

      I only paid for 5515 but I'm wondering about the granular volume controls that the seller touts in 5516. Can you explain that because in 5515 you can control navi, google assistant, etc separately. For example while the google lady is speaking just adjust the volume and it'll only adjust her voice while keeping the music in the background unmodified.

    13. 04-03-2019 04:40 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by ax77 View Post
      I only paid for 5515 but I'm wondering about the granular volume controls that the seller touts in 5516. Can you explain that because in 5515 you can control navi, google assistant, etc separately. For example while the google lady is speaking just adjust the volume and it'll only adjust her voice while keeping the music in the background unmodified.
      Yeah, I don't really know because by the time I got my radio and got to updating it, he already took down the 5515 thread. Probably because he wrote in it that people who bought 5515 would get lifetime free updates and that someone leaked the file.

      He also did not provide a changelog of what exactly changed between 5515 and 5516. I would guess very little.

      If you have 5515, you probably don't need 5516, unless you are experiencing some issues that people on 5516 haven't reported. If you are on 5314, I highly recommend getting 5515 or 5516. Granular volume control and improved bass are worth it.
      Last edited by Radom; 04-03-2019 at 04:54 PM.

    14. 04-23-2019 07:08 AM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by Radom View Post
      The RCD330 is running 5516, but it is currently not connected to anything since I need to install it in the Tiguan. I am waiting for my harness adapter to come in the mail.

      5516 isn't bug free, no matter how much the seller wants you to believe that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

      The bug that I can confirm is that if you are using Android Auto, and you turn the car off without first unplugging your phone, the radio WILL prompt you to pair your phone again on the next start up. I find it to be a minor enough bug considering the upgrade in sound quality from 5413.

      I think there is also a bug in it where if you use Google Assistant while listening to spotify/Google Music/Whatever music app, the audio will go to crap because it will switch to low bitrate mono audio via the front two speakers only (since this is what the assistant uses to speak). The way to get it back to normal seems to be to switch to a different audio source (media in, radio, etc.) and then switch back to Android Auto. I do not use streaming apps though, so this does not affect me much and I haven't experienced it myself.


      On the topic of installing this thing into my 2016 Tiguan S:
      I am reading conflicting information about the reverse cameras though in 2016+ cars. Do they work without changing anything or does the camera still need to be replaced with an aftermarket component one? Someone said that their 2017 Jetta did not need anything changed out?
      RE: camera. Why replace your camera when you can get an adapter to the CVBS and install it up front with the radio..? Not familiar with the 2016+ but my two cents.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    15. 04-23-2019 02:07 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by nford View Post
      RE: camera. Why replace your camera when you can get an adapter to the CVBS and install it up front with the radio..? Not familiar with the 2016+ but my two cents.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Because 2016+ already come with a cvbs camera. There are mixed reports of whether it's compatible with the RCD330 because the RCD330 requires it to be an NTSC format camera, not PAL.


      EDIT:
      Well, it looks like the camera does not work plug and play with the 2016 Tiguan camera. I am still investigating my options.

      Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Radom; 05-08-2019 at 09:17 PM.

    16. 05-29-2019 10:36 AM #90

    17. 05-29-2019 08:52 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by ax77 View Post
      There's lots of good information there, more than on the RCD330 forums. Thanks for sharing!

    18. 05-30-2019 05:49 AM #92
      People are complaining they bought the 5518 V2 and received the firmware with watermark in the bootlogo.
      So members of their own forum are all sending me their files what lead to this post;
      https://www.reddit.com/r/RCD_330/com...nonamevisteon/
      Last edited by 571; 05-30-2019 at 06:43 AM.

    19. 06-12-2019 04:14 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Rottgrub View Post
      With a self-triggering camera, all you need are +12/gnd. So tie off the ground either to a bolt in the trunk, or the ground line for the tail-light. The +12v is tied to the red wire on the RCA in the trunk, and then t-tapped into the ACC+ wire on the quadlock harness up front, though any ACC wire will do.

      That is the solution!!

      My reverse camera now works perfect!!

      Thanks a lot Rottgrub

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •