Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: 2018 VW Atlas Prices Paid

1. 08-14-2019 09:21 AM #726
      Quote Originally Posted by Sue Esponte View Post
      We're in the process of finalizing a deal on a 2019 SEL R-Line -- MSRP $47k, Sales Price $39k plus tax.

Seems like a good deal to me but I don't know.

-Eric
      AWD or FWD? I bought my 2019 SEL R-Line AWD back in June for $41k. You should be able to get deeper discount at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 08-14-2019 09:58 AM #727
      We're in the process of finalizing a deal on a 2019 SEL R-Line -- MSRP $47k, Sales Price $39k plus tax.

Seems like a good deal to me but I don't know.

-Eric
      You should be able to get right at $8k off, if not a little more if you can have some dealers compete for your business. We got right at $8k off this weekend, would have pushed for more but it was the only color combo and trim we wanted in the whole state (TX) so we just went with it for an easy transaction.

4. 08-14-2019 03:47 PM #728
      So I'm stoked to join the club!

Yesterday we bought a Black 2018 SE V6 4Motion for $26,500 before TTL, it had 31k miles on it. I felt good after making the deal and have really been enjoying driving it around and learning it's mannerisms. 1st thing I did was figure out how to turn off the engine shut off feature when you stop. That got kind of annoying after a while and there was an instance where i was waiting in the drive thru at Dunkin Donuts, i got my order and hit the gas to go and i got the error that the engine was off and i had to manually restart it. That was a big WTF moment for me with this new to me car. Other than that, i haven't been able to find anything i don't like about it yet.

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG, 2013 Honda Pilot, 2004 Porsche Carrera 4S Cab, 1973 Saab Sonett
      08-14-2019 05:18 PM #729
      Quote Originally Posted by Justin7983 View Post
      AWD or FWD? I bought my 2019 SEL R-Line AWD back in June for $41k. You should be able to get deeper discount at this point.
      We're in CT -- all of the Atlases in dealer inventories are 4Motion here. I always forget the FWD version is even available. The car we found has an MSRP of about $47,500. I reached out to 13 dealers. Based on invoice, holdback, all of the dealer/customer/manufacturer incentives out at the moment (including the cash to dealer for financing deals), we felt $39k was pretty fair for a $47k car. A lot of dealers (after some coaxing) were coming down to ~$40,500. I'm sure we could have found a few more dollars if we wanted to push hard but the incremental savings wouldn't have been worth the frustration. That's about $8k off of MSRP.

I know it's the end of the year but, evidently, dealers don't have a ton of SEL R-lines with bench seats in stock -- we didn't want captains chairs. My wife was hesitant enough about going from an 8 seater to a 7 seater. Unfortunately, going to 6 seats wasn't an option in her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodz View Post
      You should be able to get right at $8k off, if not a little more if you can have some dealers compete for your business. We got right at $8k off this weekend, would have pushed for more but it was the only color combo and trim we wanted in the whole state (TX) so we just went with it for an easy transaction.
      That's what we got -- ~$8k off MSRP. As I was saying to Justin, I'm sure we could have pushed for another $50-100 or so if we really wanted to but we truly felt the deal was fair. I'm fine with the dealer making a profit. They have bills to pay, too, and I think, in the end, the price was fair. It's far better than what TrueCar/USAA, Costco, and other purchase programs are offering around me, too.

I know it's the end of the year but, evidently, dealers don't have a ton of SEL R-lines with bench seats in stock -- we didn't want captains chairs.

-Eric

6. 08-14-2019 05:49 PM #730
      We're in CT -- all of the Atlases in dealer inventories are 4Motion here. I always forget the FWD version is even available.
      I’m here in New York. We had a specific exterior and interior color combination we wanted with the bench seats so the dealer had to get it from Vermont, I think that made them less flexible with the price but they threw in VW Care 10k & 20k service in at the end and we got the exact vehicle we wanted.

7. 08-15-2019 10:04 AM #731
      We're in CT -- all of the Atlases in dealer inventories are 4Motion here. I always forget the FWD version is even available. The car we found has an MSRP of about $47,500. I reached out to 13 dealers. Based on invoice, holdback, all of the dealer/customer/manufacturer incentives out at the moment (including the cash to dealer for financing deals), we felt $39k was pretty fair for a $47k car. A lot of dealers (after some coaxing) were coming down to ~$40,500. I'm sure we could have found a few more dollars if we wanted to push hard but the incremental savings wouldn't have been worth the frustration. That's about $8k off of MSRP.

I know it's the end of the year but, evidently, dealers don't have a ton of SEL R-lines with bench seats in stock -- we didn't want captains chairs. My wife was hesitant enough about going from an 8 seater to a 7 seater. Unfortunately, going to 6 seats wasn't an option in her mind.

That's what we got -- ~$8k off MSRP. As I was saying to Justin, I'm sure we could have pushed for another $50-100 or so if we really wanted to but we truly felt the deal was fair. I'm fine with the dealer making a profit. They have bills to pay, too, and I think, in the end, the price was fair. It's far better than what TrueCar/USAA, Costco, and other purchase programs are offering around me, too.

I know it's the end of the year but, evidently, dealers don't have a ton of SEL R-lines with bench seats in stock -- we didn't want captains chairs.

-Eric
      Totally agreed, we were in the exact same boat. Got a white SEL R-Line with the Shetland (tan) interior with a bench seat. Talk about needle in a haystack. The dealer knew that's what we were looking for and even having that knowledge still gave us a great price. I honestly would have paid a little more for it, but didn't have to due to their transparent pricing. They also threw in window tint and a few other extras that made the deal even better.

We're loving ours so far, hope you are too Eric!

8. 08-15-2019 03:20 PM #732
      Totally agreed, we were in the exact same boat. Got a white SEL R-Line with the Shetland (tan) interior with a bench seat. Talk about needle in a haystack. The dealer knew that's what we were looking for and even having that knowledge still gave us a great price. I honestly would have paid a little more for it, but didn't have to due to their transparent pricing. They also threw in window tint and a few other extras that made the deal even better.

That’s the exact combo we were looking for too. Our dealer had to get one from 300 miles away but we still got a decent deal.

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG, 2013 Honda Pilot, 2004 Porsche Carrera 4S Cab, 1973 Saab Sonett
      08-17-2019 07:33 PM #733
      Quote Originally Posted by Justin7983 View Post
      I’m here in New York. We had a specific exterior and interior color combination we wanted with the bench seats so the dealer had to get it from Vermont, I think that made them less flexible with the price but they threw in VW Care 10k & 20k service in at the end and we got the exact vehicle we wanted.
      Yep, ours came with 2 years of free service and a few other accessories (privacy cover, rubber mats, roadside kit, bike holder for the trailer hitch, etc.)

That's awesome! We pick it up next weekend! We're all really excited to pick it up.

-Eric

Vehicles
      '15 GTI, '19 Atlas
      08-19-2019 08:48 AM #734
      Quote Originally Posted by vbrad26 View Post
      Currently trying to work out a deal on a 2019 FWD 2.0T SE w/Tech. Options include 20's, captains chairs, and pano roof.
      MSRP: $39,920.00
      Discount: $7,467.00
      Price: $32,453.00 (before TTL)

TOTAL: $36,042.32 OTD.
      I think this is ok. But I have been seeing some people here getting up to $9k off MSRP.
      Of course salesman tells me that this deal would kill them, but I still feel like I could maybe squeeze a bit more.
      At least get them to install a hitch for me since it does not have one...thoughts?
      Just for the record we ended up going with this.
      Actually ended up being a little bit cheaper, not sure how, but I didn't question it hah.
      After $2k down ended up at $33K something OTD. Don't remember exactly. But I think another $500 or so got knocked off somewhere.

11. 08-19-2019 05:57 PM #735
      I just joined the Atlas crowd with the following pricing.

- 2019 V6 SE with 4 motion and destination: $38,290 MSRP
      - 2nd row captains chairs, tow hitch, trunk liner, monster mats, and cross bars: $1,894
      - Total MSRP: $40,184

Including $1,000 VW rebate, the final price was $33,500 + Tax and License

Seems like $6K to $7K deal is the norm.

On unrelated note, I tried to negotiate on a new Kia Telluride and got laughed at. No matter... Went across the street and bought the Atlas.

12. Senior Member
      In a minivan by the river with a squirrel and rat
      Vehicles
      grey ghost wagon
      08-19-2019 06:00 PM #736
      Quote Originally Posted by hxgaser View Post

On unrelated note, I tried to negotiate on a new Kia Telluride and got laughed at. No matter... Went across the street and bought the Atlas.
      I'd call the GSM over at Kia, or at least call their CS number. That's not professional, and probably surmises the brand.
      MOEW: ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ Zomg Zombies ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(×̯×)۶ ¯\(°_o)/¯
      If you have a problem with anything I do here, feel free to call me on my cell to discuss at anytime: (781)452-2079 LEAPRZ

13. 08-22-2019 09:35 AM #737
      Thanks for posting. I'll be picking up my 2.0T w/Tech tomorrow. Roof, 20in, Captains, Monster mats, Cargo organizer, HD liner.

MSRP: $40,130
      Disc: $7,130
      Sale Price: $33,000 plus Tax and Tag
      Financing at 1.99% for 60 months thru my credit union

I feel good about the deal and like the dealer. Located in the Chicago area - one of only two 2.0T w/Tech in the ares.
      Last edited by Anderson75; 08-22-2019 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Add info

Vehicles
      '15 GTI, '19 Atlas
      08-22-2019 04:53 PM #738
      Quote Originally Posted by Anderson75 View Post
      Thanks for posting. I'll be picking up my 2.0T w/Tech tomorrow. Roof, 20in, Captains, Monster mats, Cargo organizer, HD liner.

MSRP: $40,130
      Disc: $7,130
      Sale Price: $33,000 plus Tax and Tag
      Financing at 1.99% for 60 months thru my credit union

I feel good about the deal and like the dealer. Located in the Chicago area - one of only two 2.0T w/Tech in the ares.
      Pretty much the exact same deal we got although you have a couple extra little goodies in there!
      Nice work

15. 08-23-2019 01:27 AM #739
      019 Atlas S 2.0T in Northern VA, Platinum Grey
      - Monster Mats, Trunk Liner and Car Go Blocks
      - Rear Bumper Applique in Chrome

MSRP $32,325 (incl. destination)
      Paid $27,600 OTD
      - Sell Price $25,630 (incl. $500 discount from Partner Program)
      - Dealer Processing Fee $699
      - Tax, tag, title, etc.

Prefer the (relative) light weight and fuel efficiency of the 2.0T model.
      Also don't feel the need to get all the toys on the higher trims.

Vehicles
      Falschwagen
      Yesterday 12:28 PM #740
      Potential Atlas buyer here...

Just got a quote for 2019 SE with Tech, 4-motion, V6, R-line, with pano roof, tow hitch, monster mats...for $36500 plus tax.
      I built the exact same model on VW site and MSRP comes out to $44k...I think it’s a decent deal.
      What does internet think?

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930