Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 VW Atlas Prices Paid

1. 12-23-2017 03:51 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Mamiya View Post
      Do you mind sharing which dealer you bought your car from? Thanks!
      Elgin vw.

This was 1st vehicle I bought using mostly internet pricing, and I really liked doing it that way, they came with a very competitive price right from the get go. Just a little haggling and got another $750 rebate for using vw financing and I was at what I felt was a good number.
      Not all dealers will give internet pricing, but I found a couple that did and was able to check them against each other. It is true you ahave to watch what's in the deal and what is not (destination fee) but once I knew exactly what I wanted and the colors the deal was done. The only extra dealer thing they got me on was the vin etching on the glass which was $259 which they say they put on every car they sell, other than that it was tax, title, license and doc fee and I added the $259 into my sale price on here, as the deal for the vehicle itself was $38100
      Last edited by Jefjag150; 12-23-2017 at 04:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 12-23-2017 08:16 PM #102
      Elgin VW internet and Joliet are almost dead even with discounts. See Sam if you go to Joliet. He is the sales manager and great to deal with. Elgin was 2k off for what I wanted on trade.

4. 12-23-2017 11:29 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Jefjag150 View Post
      Elgin vw.

This was 1st vehicle I bought using mostly internet pricing, and I really liked doing it that way, they came with a very competitive price right from the get go. Just a little haggling and got another $750 rebate for using vw financing and I was at what I felt was a good number.
      Not all dealers will give internet pricing, but I found a couple that did and was able to check them against each other. It is true you ahave to watch what's in the deal and what is not (destination fee) but once I knew exactly what I wanted and the colors the deal was done. The only extra dealer thing they got me on was the vin etching on the glass which was $259 which they say they put on every car they sell, other than that it was tax, title, license and doc fee and I added the $259 into my sale price on here, as the deal for the vehicle itself was $38100
      Thanks for all the info! I saw on their website that they offer more than $6000 off metro for SEL model. Do they honor the internet price? I think a couple hundred extra as you described above is fine. I live about 3 hour from there. So I want to make sure those prices will be honored and they are not playing tricks before I drive to there.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 12-23-2017 11:53 PM #104
      Thanks for all the info! I saw on their website that they offer more than $6000 off metro for SEL model. Do they honor the internet price? I think a couple hundred extra as you described above is fine. I live about 3 hour from there. So I want to make sure those prices will be honored and they are not playing tricks before I drive to there.
      If Elgin they honored their pricing with exception you have to add destination of $925 back in. If trading in just be careful they wanted to offer me much less but I am sure if you fight hard enough they will come to your numbers. They want to move units, it is year end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 12-24-2017 12:46 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Harleydavidson19 View Post
      If Elgin they honored their pricing with exception you have to add destination of $925 back in. If trading in just be careful they wanted to offer me much less but I am sure if you fight hard enough they will come to your numbers. They want to move units, it is year end.

I Agree with Harley, I had a verbally established price on vehicle and out the door price, then the day I was to make the trip down there to purchase I check their website and see price went down another $900. I called them and asked for that price,it then came out they took destination out to drop the internet price to keep up with what other dealers were doing. I definitely expressed my displeasure with those tactics but in the end still bought from there, at the verbally established price. Once I got there to purchase there was no bs they did not even try to push any sort of paint or fabric protection, only asked about purchasing some maintenance schedule prepay type thing. I didn't even attempt to trade in as I knew it would not be high enough for me, I'll just sell it myself.
      I know nothing of Joliet as they unfortunately were not even on my dealership radar( wish they were now as they have 2 blue r lines that I would have loved to see before making my purchase)

8. 12-24-2017 12:53 PM #106
      Make sure u read fine print or just call and ask about destination. As stated above I had them email me a breakdown of everything for otd price, there were no tricks when got there. (FYI I dealt with Jim ). Good luck

9. 12-24-2017 01:35 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Jefjag150 View Post
      I Agree with Harley, I had a verbally established price on vehicle and out the door price, then the day I was to make the trip down there to purchase I check their website and see price went down another $900. I called them and asked for that price,it then came out they took destination out to drop the internet price to keep up with what other dealers were doing. I definitely expressed my displeasure with those tactics but in the end still bought from there, at the verbally established price. Once I got there to purchase there was no bs they did not even try to push any sort of paint or fabric protection, only asked about purchasing some maintenance schedule prepay type thing. I didn't even attempt to trade in as I knew it would not be high enough for me, I'll just sell it myself.
      I know nothing of Joliet as they unfortunately were not even on my dealership radar( wish they were now as they have 2 blue r lines that I would have loved to see before making my purchase)
      Joliet (Hawk) is one of the bigger volume dealerships in the area I think. I ended up going down there from the city since they were pretty much the only dealer within driving distance from me that had an SEL Premium without the captains chairs option in inventory. They pitched all the standard dealer add-ons just one time but didn’t push hard at all after I said no. That was refreshing.

10. 12-24-2017 09:55 PM #108
      Just bought an Atlas S 2.0t for $27700 + tax, title, and fees.

11. 12-24-2017 10:13 PM #109
      Hawk was great. Sam and Joey were a pleasure to work with. Very low pressure and easy to work with. The dealership overall experience felt more original then dealing with a typical dealer in area. All the other places seem to care about numbers and making a sale where they wanted to make aure you were in the right vehicle.

12. 12-25-2017 12:41 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Harleydavidson19 View Post
      Hawk was great. Sam and Joey were a pleasure to work with. Very low pressure and easy to work with. The dealership overall experience felt more original then dealing with a typical dealer in area. All the other places seem to care about numbers and making a sale where they wanted to make aure you were in the right vehicle.
      I agree, my salesperson, the sales manager, and even other staff who weren’t directly involved in my sale, all were genuinely friendly and wanted me to be a satisfied customer. They understood that I came in knowing exactly what I wanted, so they didn’t waste my time or theirs and got straight to talking numbers.

13. 12-25-2017 03:34 PM #111
      Oh keep in mind it wasn’t a 4 hour finance project either. I bet from the time I said lets do this. I was out of there in 20 minutes.

14. 12-26-2017 06:42 PM #112
      Atlas SEL 4 motion
      MSRP 44300
      Paid- 38900

Most dealers wouldn't go below high 39900, some wouldn't go below 40000.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      VW Mk4 R32 SC/VW Atlas SEL Premium 4 motion
      12-27-2017 10:52 PM #113
      Seems in bigger areas you're getting quite discounts.
      Glad that I don't work there

SEL 4 motion for 39k, that seems like a pretty sweet deal and nothing we'll offer, not even close.

16. 12-29-2017 07:40 PM #114
      So finally got one. I was shopping around for almost 9 months,(looking at different models as well). Got a great deal for PNW.
      Got it at Lithia Medford, OR
      Atlas SEL Premium
      Sicker: ~50150
      OTD: 46700
      With the special financing offered at the moment.
      I had a similar and even better quotes, but that didn't include the special financing and no outside financing.
      So all things considered I think it's a great deal for PNW.

If anyone is looking in PNW, let me know, I can refer you to the right person.

17. 12-29-2017 08:25 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by vadimlitv View Post
      So finally got one. I was shopping around for almost 9 months,(looking at different models as well). Got a great deal for PNW.
      Got it at Lithia Medford, OR
      Atlas SEL Premium
      Sicker: ~50150
      OTD: 46700
      With the special financing offered at the moment.
      I had a similar and even better quotes, but that didn't include the special financing and no outside financing.
      So all things considered I think it's a great deal for PNW.

If anyone is looking in PNW, let me know, I can refer you to the right person.
      wow.. that is a crazy deal.... 46700 includes taxes and all fees??? if so.... i would need to find some way to ship it to ny

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      VW Mk4 R32 SC/VW Atlas SEL Premium 4 motion
      12-30-2017 03:39 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by atlas titan View Post
      wow.. that is a crazy deal.... 46700 includes taxes and all fees??? if so.... i would need to find some way to ship it to ny
      Impossible with taxes and everything. Just impossible.

19. 12-30-2017 05:56 PM #117
      46700 with all fees except the registrations which was ~270 if I remember correctly. Keep in mind Oregon has NO TAX on new cars YET (in 2018 they are adding a 0.05% tax)

So the fact that I was saving another ~2500 for buying before 2018 and me having a recent problem with another car pushed me to buy, and I found this deal.

For those that are interested, like I said PM me and I will send you the info of the person I worked with. It was the best experience ever and no BS at all.

20. 12-30-2017 06:00 PM #118
      Also keep in mind if you are out of state, they will tax according to your state.

Vehicles
      RS3
      01-01-2018 10:22 AM #119
      2018 Atlas SE W/ Tech + Tow + Rline
      Brookdale VW
      MSRP $42935
      $38,751

that included supplier pricing, new grad bonus and VW certificate for sticking with VW. We owed $20k on our Sportwagen and every dealership we've talked to was giving us $13-14k, these guys went big and offered $16,750 and that sealed the deal.

$499/mo with $2500 down on a 3 year lease with $3250 of negative equity to boot on trade.
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T | '16 R 2.0T | '17 R 2.0T | '18 RS3 2.5T |
      VW MK7 GTI/R Installation YT Vids: Schwabo

22. n00b
      Vehicles
      18 Atlas SEL Premium (White/Shetland)
      01-03-2018 11:36 PM #120
      Purchased a 18 Atlas SEL Premium (White/Shetland) from Herzog Meier (Beaverton, Oregon -- dealt directly with one of the sales managers, Patrick McCauley) -- no Washington dealership had this color combo and the one that did, didn't want to sell it at a discount.

Selling price ($46,712 with the VW Partner program discount of $500 below dealer invoice and $750 for financing through VW). Included front hood deflector, monster mats and rear cargo protector. MSRP sticker was $49,900. Paid another $2,185 for extending the warranty to 10 years or 100K miles and the 1st three milestone services (10K miles, 20K miles, 30K miles).

23. 01-05-2018 03:52 PM #121
      1. Connecticut
      2. 4Motion SEL
      3. about $39800
      4. MSRP $43,980

$43k OTD (6.35% tax)

24. 01-05-2018 10:32 PM #122
      Has anyone purchase the vehicle service protection plan for their Atlas and is it worth purchasing the plan even if VW offers the 6yr/72K limited warranty on new Atlas?

25. 01-07-2018 08:15 AM #123
      I spoke to Elgin (Sandy). She told me the online advertised price included: $500 new grad, $500 military and did not include $925 destination. So the online price is NOT accurate. I am in Austin, TX. After a few minutes of discussing with.
      Charles Maund, they offered:

2018 SEL
      MSRP $42,185, this included floor mats and a few other small items
      Purchase price: $38,000 (does not include tax fees, non-tax fees, etc)
      Charles Maund has $3,779 discount on their web site.

Dealer was paying fees to transfer vehicle from another dealer or price could have been a little lower. VW is offering good incentives to dealers, I think they must be getting at least $3K from VW. I was told these incentives could change on Tuesday (Jan. 9). Wife decided she wanted a 2018 Pilot, but we were both really impressed with the Atlas. I would have shopped this deal with a few other VW dealers with a target of $37K. It was way too easy to get $4K off.

Vehicles
      2018 VW Atlas, 2016 VW Golf
      01-14-2018 12:02 PM #124
      I typically try to get out the door (all taxes and fees) for the MSRP or close to it. That my rule of thumb but sometimes thing change if I know that the dealer is getting a rebate etc.

2018 Atlas - Black Powder Coated Pizmas/Michelin PS4 SUVs.
      2016 Golf - JB4, IE Turbo Inlet, ECS Turbo Muffler Delete, Enkei J10 16x7"/Continental Extreme Contact Sports.

27. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Passat 1.8T 5-Spd 4Motion Variant in Stonehenge Grey, + 2018 Atlas SEL
      01-15-2018 09:32 PM #125
      I have a deposit down on an SEL coming in (MSRP $44,235) for $39,999 in Denver CO.
      It has:
      Roadside Assistance Kit
      Set Of 4 Monster Mats W/Logo
      Heavy Duty Trunk Liner W/Vw Cargo Blocks
      Luggage Net
      Rear Bumper Applique In Chrome

That includes destination charge. Dealer Handling (doc fee), taxes and government fees are extra.

There are ZERO SEL 4Motions in Platinum Gray at Colorado dealers right now so I got one that was in the pipeline. How did I do?
      Last edited by CobaltSky; 01-16-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast