VWVortex.com - Bond 25 Speculation
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bond 25 Speculation

1. 07-23-2019 04:56 PM #76
      And not 30 seconds later there was an article one-upping lady Thor (aka Mighty Thor) with a LGBTQ character - Valkyrie. They can't just be a character, they have to be a (specific, divisive, discreet label...even though we're fighting for equality,right?) character.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      i've a horse outside.
      07-23-2019 05:11 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyGTI View Post
      And not 30 seconds later there was an article one-upping lady Thor (aka Mighty Thor) with a LGBTQ character - Valkyrie. They can't just be a character, they have to be a (specific, divisive, discreet label...even though we're fighting for equality,right?) character.
      I can’t wait till the same-but-female movement is over.

Keep patting yourselves on the back for girl power, but the best you can do is a rehash of the male version?

Good work, I guess.
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

4. Banned
      07-23-2019 05:52 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by TwoLitreVW View Post
      I can’t wait till the same-but-female movement is over.

Keep patting yourselves on the back for girl power, but the best you can do is a rehash of the male version?

Good work, I guess.
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyGTI View Post
      It is really frustrating for a Natalie Portman fan such as myself. She is one of the few Hollywood actresses who is highly educated in the matter (Psych major) and yet her rational mind to make an educated decision has been detered with money and this "movement" to dethrone the common man.

I was watching 'Comedians in Cars getting Coffee' and one of Seinfelds guest said the reason you see more men growing beards today is because women have gapped our identify as different sex types. And the one thing we can do that they cannot, is grow a beard.
      Last edited by 2L82 Car; 07-23-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      07-23-2019 09:11 PM #79
      “If you weren’t aware, this isn’t some flippant addition from returning Ragnarok director Taika Waititi, something you do when you somehow find yourself making a fourth Thor movie: Jane becoming Thor has comics history. In fact, it has very recent, very good comics history, which is why so many people were so excited at the thought of Portman holding Mjolnir aloft. If you want to be in on the thundering hype train, you need to pick yourself up some comics. But oh, reader, isn’t it always the question: Just where do you start?”

‪Jane Foster as Thor: A Comic Book Primer https://io9.gizmodo.com/jane-foster-...mer-1836613452 via @io9‬

6. Banned
      07-23-2019 11:56 PM #80
      The American public is very impressionable and I have a niece and nephew that I dearly worry for. I dont want my niece growing up watching these runway drag shows thinking that is OK. There is nothing right about men wearing womens clothes, painting their face with makeup, and mimicking the physicalities of a women.

That is not what being a women is about, that is practically black-facing women. Women were never given a platform so they'll go along clawing and applaud any type of exposure which depicts the action of taking respect, the respect that they so truly deserve.

The premise of my dissapointment has everything to do with the current trajectory of the 007 franchise and little to do with women feeling good about themselves. More power to them and every one of us needs that role model of empowerment. Bond was that person for myself. I sat though all of the movies through the decades. Capitalizing on a psychological impairment is a truly sorry excuse to strip a childhood hero.

Vehicles
      2017 GTI
      08-03-2019 09:43 AM #81
      glad you are gone...thx Mods

Mud

edit...a bit late to notice but sentiment is still valid
      My glass is half-full of empty

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      08-07-2019 10:18 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by 2L82 Car View Post
      That is not what being a women is about, that is practically black-facing women.
      This is a very interesting point. I read that and mentioned it to my wife who is a lot more "tolerant" an liberal than I am. She looked at me kind of stunned and agreed; its an insulting caricature.
      Quote Originally Posted by Col. David Crockett
      I told the people of my district, that, if they saw fit to re-elect me, I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but, if not, they might go to Hell, and I would go to Texas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234