VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ross-Tech VCDS support and DIY for the Atlas

294K views 618 replies 142 participants last post by  mhjett 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone messed with VAG/COM or the like yet to see what we can customize? I'd LOVE to be able to turn off auto start/stop and make some other "default" setting changes.

Also, anyone doing (or planning) any performance upgrades yet? I feel like the car could use some front and rear torsion bars (or bigger ones if there already are some) and perhaps some stiffer (but not lower) springs. As a VR6 plant, there have to be plenty of aftermarket engine mods available, perhaps not as many as the 2.oT, but there is a LOT of engine compartment space in this vehicle (as if it was supposed to be a V8).

#104 ·
I feel like I’m going nuts, under my “assistance light function” I don’t have any options that match the descriptions in the video and they are all listed under channel 9B, not 2 (I assume the channel number is what they are referencing when they write (2)?)

#106 · (Edited)
VCDS: Atlas Adaptive Lane Tracking & Hands Free "Trick"

I found out that my Atlas SEL Premium with lane keeping system can be changed to tracking and following a calculated center-line instead of just ping-ponging the car between the left and right lanes if you let go of the wheel. As you may have seen before, though, this only allows hands free for about 10 seconds until it shuts off if you dont follow its prompts to take over steering. I also found out you can use a soda bottle to trick the system into thinking there's a hand. Theoretically, one could drive hands free for a while. I saw this post http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7644290-Help-me-understand-how-lane-assist-is-useful-in-any-way&p=93385026&viewfull=1#post93385026 and decided to get out the VCDS to make the mod.

Basically, I believe the setting is in Long Coding Helper of module A5:

But I did so many things that I can't remember now. See my VCDS Controller Map for the A5 control module, the security access code is 20103 in case you need any adaptation changes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aasbpnwsirj8ohl/adpmap-A5-3Q0-980-654-G.CSV?dl=0

CAR Assistance Menu now shows option for adaptive lane tracking:

Adaptive Lane Tracking working by showing both side lane icons illuminated:

System warning to get hands back on wheel:

The following shows how someone used a soda bottle and adaptive lane tracking in their audi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi2oIRMwmZY

I actually went on a drive in the blasted Seattle rain and used a Perrier bottle to trick the system. It worked! It drove quite a while all by itself as I had adaptive cruise control also active. Be warned/cautioned though, I was very vigilant and kept my hands close at times just to make sure. You cannot trust it completely and should only use it as an assist...definitely not the same as my 747 CATIII autoland confidence. I took a video of my drive...keep in mind I didnt have my hands on the wheel during this clip but my non-videoing hand was near just in case:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8ax1a70ctwji5n/VWALKS.mp4?dl=0

Research Links I perused to get an idea of what to do:
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?7636-Enabling-Adaptive-Lane-Tracking-on-NAR-Golf-7-R
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8514186-How-to-Enable-Adaptive-Lane-Tracking-with-OBDEleven
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?7262-Superb-MY17-Lane-Assit&styleid=5
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a8447/forget-the-google-car-get-an-s-class-and-a-soda-can/

#108 · (Edited)
Hey, how come this lane tracking got moved to this super-thread...not sure how burying stuff is efficient? I'm not going to get notifications to every post on this thread but would have liked that for just the lane tracking...to which I could easily and more quickly respond. Please reconsider your attempt at collating this stuff...its going to get really hard to find things...even with search.

#111 · (Edited)
A couple of more questions if anyone knows.

I thought the Atlas was touted as having Pedestrian (assist?) braking. I see an option in the VCDS to enable it, has anyone tried or is it already enabled (SEL model). Mine is unchecked but I found a few other options that were unchecked but seemed to be enabled.

I also tried to enable Sign tracking but got through every step (and it shows up on my radio settings) but the last one that deals with the A5 front camera module. The byte and bits in the long coding helper don't have anything to do with sign tracking (I think the byte showed the Body model 4) and none of the others seemed to have anything to do with it. I don't know if the long coding helper just isn't mapped correctly or it just isn't available.

#112 ·
When i was coding my Touareg, I activated dynamic beam lighting which was supposed to use the camera behind the rear view mirror to adjust the main beams (pre-matrix lighting). My reg' was a 2011 and did not have the camera. We only got it as of 2015, but in EU they had the camera from the inception. I did not know this, and ended up losing all my light functions. No headlights, AFS error, etc. It was horrible. The long coding helper would not restore the code properly. I had to have VW recode it to factory to get the module repaired. It was a major PITA.

I think the cameras are not designed to use this function on the atlas. The road sign camera system is designed to read EU signs. See this article:
https://newatlas.com/volkswagen-dynamic-road-sign-display/46993/

Hopefully you don't run into similar issues. I always stay away from features that are not seemingly part of the module's capabilities.

#115 ·
For some reason, my navigation destination entry is now blocked while driving...anyone have any ideas? I reviewed my settings and all menus are set to non-block...except these two:

Code:
IDE03471-ENG152560-Vehicle configuration-block_hmi_function_p_epb	blocked 
IDE03471-ENG152571-Vehicle configuration-unblock_functions_while_piloted_driving	blocked

#120 ·
I have been using : testing out the centerline lane assist along with the bottle trick and it does make long distance driving really relaxing. The roads / lines suck badly at times in the south so always keep my hands on the wheel. I am getting use to the auto speed control. I never used cruise in the past because I would have to constantly adjust or brake but now it is much nicer.

#121 ·
I had my aunt run across the road while I was driving slowly and the pedestrian monitor didn't do anything, good thing I have two favorite Aunts. Still looking into enabling the Pedestrian Monitoring option although I thought it was standard on the car. Anyone else try this yet? Atlas SEL.

#125 ·
So I was still playing around with Pedestrian monitoring and it definitely is not enabled. I found the options to enable the setup / interface and it now shows on the radio, but when I tried to enable the portion that tells the system to actually use the Pedestrian monitoring (using the Long Coding in camera module (I think)), I always get an error from VCDS. Something along the lines of Index or (something) out of Bounds. I only get that error when trying to change the single bit marked as Pedestrian monitoring enabled. Any other time I have received errors it is usually something about the module not being present. So I guess the question would be is this just a mapping / coding issue with VCDS because of the beta features added just for the Atlas or an actual error back from the module when trying to add this bit?

Has anyone ever seen the Pedestrian monitoring options in their radio on the setup screens? It just bugs me that it is advertised and I just bough the 2018 model a month and a half ago.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4548/38872278311_98a55ae758_z_d.jpg

#127 ·
Anyone know if you can adjust the remote start climatronic settings through vag-com?

Currently, anything below 4degC it just turns on the HVAC to Auto at 22degC, and turns on the seat warmers, and rear defrost. This does nothing to defrost the front windshield, almost useless at anything below -2degC.

It would be nice if I can change it to have the MAX Defrost on the windshield come on instead of just auto air. If possible, it would probably cause me to buy a new vagcom cable.

#132 · (Edited)
The below is some VCDS Tweaks what I did on my 2018 VW-Atlas(Execline) and tested all work well.

2018 VW-Atlas(Execline) Some VCDS Tweaks

1. Disable the Auto Start/Stop system (Voltage Method):
1). On Select Control Module screen, click "Select"
2). Select “19-CAN. Gateway”
3). Select “Adaptation - 10”, click “Channel” list
4). Scroll down channel list and find the below 1 channel:
IDE08348-Start/stop start voltage limit
( change “Stored value” {7.6v} to -> “New value” {12.0v}, then click “Do it!” )

*****So far, I didn’t use the above method, I use a “Start-stop automatic disable with memory function” module, that made by Arduino Nano. *** **

2. Open and close windows with key fob (Security access 31347 is required):
2). Select “09-Cent. Elect.”
3). Select “Security Access - 16”, enter the access key: 31347, click "Do it!"
4). Select “Adaptation - 10”, click “Channel” list
5). Scroll down channel list to the end and find the below 2 channels:
ENG141681-ENG116652-ZV Komfort-Funk Komfort oeffnen
ENG141681-ENG116651-ZV Komfort-Funk Komfort schliessen
( change “Stored value” {not active} to -> “New value” {active}, then click “Do it!” )

3. Change the number of blinks of tap turn signal from 3 to 5 (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list to half and find the below 1 channel:
ENG141649-ENG116587-Au*nlicht_Blinker-Komfortblinken Blinkzyklen
( change “Stored value” {3} to -> “New value” {5}, then click “Do it!” )
6). Exit the VCDS software
7). To active this function, have to reset the “Personalization” setting in the MIB unit
“CAR” – “Setting” – “Personalization” – “Reset all”
or “CAR” – “Setting” – “Factory settings” – “Personalization”
8). After resetting, turn ignition OFF then ignition ON, then “turn signal time change” will work.

4. Setup some climate control when “remote start”:
2). Select “08-Auto HVAC”
4). Scroll down channel list and find the below channel:
IDE07301-Remote start function: activation of seat heating
( change “Stored value” {Seat heater front} to -> “New value” {Without seat heater and ventilation} )
IDE13676-Remote start function: rear window defogger
( change “Stored value” {active} to -> “New value” {not active} )
IDE07304-Remote start function: activation of seat ventilation
( change “Stored value” {active} to -> “New value” {not active} )
IDE07302-Remote start function: interior climate control status
( change “Stored value” {Remote start function with fixed rated temperature value active} to -> “New value” {Remote start function with last set value active} )

5. Show the A/C fan speed when operating in “Auto” mode:
3). Select “Coding - 07”
4). Select “Long Coding Helper”
5). On the long coding windows:
select(highlight) “Byte 11” area, then tick “ON” the “Bit 6” selection

6. Gauge needle sweep when ignition on:
2). Select “17-Instruments”
3). Select “Coding - 07”
select(highlight) “Byte 1” area, then tick “ON” the “Bit 0” selection

7. Show Lap timer in the digital cockpit cluster:
3). Select “Coding - 07”
select(highlight) “Byte 1” area, then tick “ON” the “Bit 3” selection

8. Operate all windows after ignition off and doors opened (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list to end and find the below 1 channel:
ENG141681-ENG122993-ZV Komfort-Freigabenachlauf FH bei Tueroeffnen abbrechen
( change “Stored value” {active} to -> “New value” {not active}, then click “Do it!” )

9. Show “DRL” control option in MIB (“Car--Setting--Light--Daytime Running Lights”) (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list about 45% and find the below 1 channel:
ENG141647-ENG116594-Au*nlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich
( change “Stored value” {not active} to -> “New value” {active}, then click “Do it!” )

10. DRL off with Handbrake on (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list about 45% and find the below 1 channel:
ENG141647-ENG122184-Au*nlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Dauerfahrlicht bei Handbremse abschalten (The function already default set to “active”)

11. Change the “digital cockpit” background visuals to a carbon-fibre style:
4). Scroll down channel list about 15% and find the below 1 channel:
IDE02489-Display depiction
( change “Stored value” {Version 1} to -> “New value” {Version 3}, then click “Do it!” )

12. Change the “digital cockpit” style:
4). Scroll down channel list to end and find the below 1 channel:
ENG153766-Tube_version
( change “Stored value” {variant_0} to -> “New value” {variant_4}, then click “Do it!” )
Note: from “variant_0” to “variant_4” have different style, after from “variant_5” to “variant_F” nothing change

13. Turn on change ambient light color(4 to 10 kinds of color) function (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list and find the below 1 channel:
IDE09732-ENG133384-Interior light: light configuration-Ambient_Farbliste_HMI
IDE09731-ENG125017-Int. light: 2nd generation-Instrumententafelbeleuchtung mehrfarbig
6). Then you can go this web site (https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html) to pick what you like color’s “R-G-B” value set as “new value” for the below channel (max 30 colors):
IDE*****-ENG******-Ambient light color list-Rotwert Farbe 1 (R)
IDE*****-ENG******-Ambient light color list-Gruenwert Farbe 1 (G)
IDE*****-ENG******-Ambient light color list-Blauwert Farbe 1 (B)
IDE*****-ENG******-LIN Ambient light color list-Rotwert_Farbe_1_lin (R)
IDE*****-ENG******-LIN Ambient light color list-Gruenwert_Farbe_1_lin (G)
IDE*****-ENG******-LIN Ambient light color list-Blauwert_Farbe_1_lin6 (B)
The above 6 channel for the 1st color, then you can set 2nd color with “*************Farbe 2”, and 3rd color with “***********Farbe 3”, ……, until to 10th color.
7). Last step, very very very important !!!
After this done, you need shut off the vehicle ignition power and waiting the digital cockpit screen totally off(nothing display), then turn the vehicle ignition on, turn on MIB unit, go “CAR” – “Setting” – “Ambient lighting” to see what happen on there and change the color then check the digital cockpit(Instrument) what happen too.
Because my car don’t replace the original “WHITE” ambient light LED tube(hardware) to multicolor LED tube, so I can’t check the really ambient light color changing in the car.

14. Set left, right “inner” “upper” tail light for brake light (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list and find the below channel:

For left side inner upper tail light:
ENG116959-ENG116316-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion C 23
( change “Stored value” {not active} to -> “New value” {Brake light}, then click “Do it!” )
ENG116959-ENG116318-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert CD 23
( change “Stored value” {0} to -> “New value” {127}, then click “Do it!” )

For right side inner upper tail light:
ENG116960-ENG116335-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion C 24
( change “Stored value” {not active} to -> “New value” {Brake light}, then click “Do it!” )
ENG116960-ENG116337-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert CD 24

15. Set left, right “inner” “lower” tail light for brake light (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list and find the below channel:
Left, right both side inner lower tail light only control by one sequence-number “27”:
ENG116963-ENG116388-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27
( change “Stored value” {Brake light} to -> “New value” {Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht) }, then click “Do it!” )
ENG116963-ENG116390-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB 27
( change “Stored value” {127} to -> “New value” {10}, then click “Do it!” )
ENG116963-ENG116392-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C 27
ENG116963-ENG116394-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert CD 27
ENG116963-ENG116395-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction CD 27
( change “Stored value” {maximize} to -> “New value” {minimize}, then click “Do it!” )

16. Using keyfob to lock and unlock the car with car engine running (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list about 95% and find the below 1 channel:
ENG141651-ENG115754-ZV allgemein-Funk bei Klemme 15 ein

17. Turn on adaptive lane tracking function:
2). Select “A5-Frt Sens. Drv. Assist”
3). Select “Coding - 07”
select(highlight) “Byte 14” area, then select the “Bit 5-7” @ “80 Point of Intervention: early (Changeable via Menu)”
( change “Stored value” {40 Point of Intervention: late} to -> “New value” {80 Point of Intervention: early (Changeable via Menu)}

18. Turn on 3rd high-mounted brake light when lock or unlock the vehicle (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list to end and find the below channel:
ENG141649-ENG122204-Au?enlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_auf
ENG141649-ENG122203-Au?enlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_zu
ENG116958-ENG116297-Leuchte22BR MA57-Lichtfunktion C 22
( change “Stored value” {not active} to -> “New value” { Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken }, then click “Do it!” )
ENG116958-ENG116299-Leuchte22BR MA57-Dimmwert CD 22

19. Change the fog light type to avoid error code with “LED” fog light (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list to half and find the below 2 channel:
ENG116948-ENG116100-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lasttyp 12
( change “Stored value” {10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer } to -> “New value” { 5 - LED Abblendlicht } )
ENG116948-ENG116105-Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimmwert AB 12
( change “Stored value” {100} to -> “New value” {127} )
ENG116949-ENG116119-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lasttyp 13
( change “Stored value” {10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer } to -> “New value” { 5 - LED Abblendlicht } )
ENG116949-ENG116124-Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimmwert AB 13

20. Turn on front wiper tear drop wipe function (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list to end and find the below channel:
ENG141682-ENG116618-Front_wiper-Traenenwischen Front Status
6). go “CAR” – “Setting” – "factory settings" – “mirrors and wipers” then reset it.

21. Show Radio Station Logo in the digital cockpit cluster:
2). Select “5F-Information Electr.”
4). Scroll down channel list and find the below 1 channel:
ENG122230-ENG122342-Dashboard_Display_Configuration-stationart
( change “Stored value” {OFF} to -> “New value” {On}, then click “Do it!” )

22. Show “Refuel quantity” in the digital cockpit cluster:

(This function does NOT work on Atlas Execline or Atlas SEL premium that equiped with digital cockpit, the "Refuel quantity" will always show "--- L")

3). Select “Coding - 07”
select(highlight) “Byte 10” area, then tick “ON” the “Bit 4” selection

23. Fog-lights are turned-on with high-beam lights (when the left-hand stalk behind the steering wheel is pushed towards the windscreen and the rotary light switch is in "Auto", or "On" position) (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list to half and find the below 4 channel:
ENG116948-ENG116107-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion C 12
( change “Stored value” {not active} to -> “New value” {Left high beam} )
ENG116948-ENG116109-Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimmwert CD 12
( change “Stored value” {0} to -> “New value” {127} ) (note: LED fog light change to “127”)
ENG116949-ENG116564-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion C 13
( change “Stored value” {not active} to -> “New value” {Right high beam} )
ENG116949-ENG116128-Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimmwert CD 13
( change “Stored value” {0} to -> “New value” {127} ) (note: LED fog light change to “127”)

24. Setup the sunroof NOT tilting or open when open windows with holding key fob “unlock” button(Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list to the end and find the below channels:
ENG141632-ENG116647-Sunroof-SAD Komfort oeffnen
( change “Stored value” {active} to -> “New value” {not active}, then click “Do it!” )

25. Turn on driver seat “easy entry/exit” function (driver seat move backward about 1 inch when driver side door open, move forward back to last position when ignition on):
2). Select “36-Seat Mem. Drvr”
3). Select “Coding - 07”
select(highlight) “Byte 3” area, then tick “ON” the “Bit 1” selection

26. Folding external both side mirrors with holding “lock” button ( key fob or door handle) 2 seconds (Security access 31347 is required):
(make sure, in the MIB menu “CAR” – “Setting” – "Mirror and wiper settings" – “Fold in when locking” have been selected)
5). Scroll down channel list to the end and find the below 2 channels:
ENG141635-ENG116665-Spiegelverstellung-Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus
( change “Stored value” {by look command via remote control key}
To ->
“New value” {by convenience operation via remote control key}, then click “Do it!” )

This function is good for me. Usually when I parking the car, I don’t want to fold the mirrors, but sometime when I get out the car and find the parking lot is too tight, so now I don’t need go into the car and turn on the ignition manual folding the mirrors, just holding the key fob or door handle “lock” button 2 seconds, the both side mirrors will be folded. And when you unlock the car, the mirrors will be opened automatic.

27. Change rear turn signal light type to LED to avoid error code when using LED light bulb (Security access 31347 is required):
5). Scroll down channel list to half and find the below channel:
ENG116954-ENG116214-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Lasttyp 18
( change “Stored value” {12 - Blinkleuchten} to -> “New value” {43 - allgemeine LED} )
ENG116954-ENG116219-Leuchte18BLK HLA60-Dimmwert AB 18
ENG116955-ENG116233-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Lasttyp 19
( change “Stored value” {12 - Blinkleuchten} to -> “New value” {43 - allgemeine LED})
ENG116955-ENG116238-Leuchte19BLK HRC31-Dimmwert AB 19

28. Change reverse light type to LED to avoid error code when using LED light bulb (Security access 31347 is required):
ENG116964-ENG116404-Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lasttyp 28
( change “Stored value” {9 - allgemeine Gl?hlampe 27W: auch H15} to -> “New value” {43 - allgemeine LED} )
ENG116964-ENG116409-Leuchte28RFL LC11-Dimmwert AB 28
ENG116965-ENG116423-Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lasttyp 29
( change “Stored value” {9 - allgemeine Gl?hlampe 27W: auch H15} to -> “New value” {43 - allgemeine LED})
ENG116965-ENG116428-Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimmwert AB 29

29. Automatic lock the vehicle after all door closed(Security access 20103 is required)---NOT TRY:
2). Select “05-Acc/Start Auth.”
3). Select “Coding - 07”
select(highlight) “Byte 2” area, then tick “ON” the “Bit 4” selection
6). Select “Security Access - 16”, enter the access key: 20103, click "Do it!"
7). Select “Adaptation - 10”, click “Channel” list
8). Scroll down channel list and find the below channel:
ENG129020-ENG126975-internal_passive_entry_exit_byte1-passive_exit_door_slam_lock
( change “Stored value” {not activated } to -> “New value” {activated} )
9). After above done, find below 2 channel:
ENG129020-ENG103722-internal_passive_entry_exit_byte1-Passive Exit: all doors not open
( change “Stored value” {not activated } to -> “New value” {activated} )
(it means all door close then automatic lock vehicle)
ENG129020-ENG99763-internal_passive_entry_exit_byte1-Passive Exit: access door not open
( change “Stored value” {activated } to -> “New value” {not activated} )
(it means any door close then automatic lock vehicle)

30. Open which side door then turn on which side brake light (Security access 31347 is required):
[Note: vorne(de)-front(en), hinten(de)-rear(en); links(de)-left(en),rechts(de)-right(en)]
ENG116956-ENG116263-Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion E 20
( change “Stored value” {not active} to -> “New value” { Tuerausstiegslicht vorne links } )
ENG116956-ENG116264-Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion F 20
( change “Stored value” {not active} to -> “New value” {Tuerausstiegslicht hinten links} )
ENG116956-ENG116265-Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert EF 20
( change “Stored value” {0} to -> “New value” {127} )
ENG116957-ENG116282-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion E 21
( change “Stored value” { not active } to -> “New value” {Tuerausstiegslicht vorne rechts})
ENG116957-ENG116283-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion F 21
( change “Stored value” { not active } to -> “New value” {Tuerausstiegslicht hinten rechts})
ENG116957-ENG116284-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert EF 21
( change “Stored value” {0} to -> “New value” {127} )

31.Install MQB 2.0 direct TPMS on Atlas(Execline) VCDS coding:

(You have to install the MQB TPMS module first)
This is the install instruction PDF file (include VCDS coding and ODIS Engineering XML data transfer) link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/azq0x3wrplu39hg/2018%20VW-Atlas%20Install%20Direct%20TPMS.pdf?dl=0

1. 19-CAN-Gateway: (activate tire pressure module in MQB HIGH gateway)
2). Select “19-CAN. Gateway”
4). Scroll down channel list and find this channel:
IDE01996-SFT00101-Installation list: specified installations-Tire Pressure Monitoring 1
( change “Stored value” {Not coded} to -> “New value” {coded}, then click “Do it!” )
5). On Select Control Module screen, Select “Installation List”
6). Select “65-Tire Pressure”, activate it, then click “Save coding” on upper right corner.

2. 17-Instruments: (show tire pressure in dash board)
3). Select “Coding - 07”
“Byte 3”---“Bit 7”: activate
“Byte 4”---“Bit 0”: deactivate
“Byte11”---“Bit 2”: activate

3. 03-ABS Brakes: (disable the original ABS TPMS)
2). Select “03-ABS Brakes”
3). Select “Coding - 07”
“Byte 27”
01011000 -> 00001000
X111XXXX -> X000XXXX
It means: On Byte 27, the 2nd,3rd,4th Binary number should be changed to “0”.
Can use this website (https://www.binaryhexconverter.com/binary-to-hex-converter) tool to do.
For example:
The old Binary value is “01011000”, the matching Hexadecimal is “58”, you want to get new
Binary value “00001000”, use the above website tool to get the matching Hexadecimal is “08”,
so just input Hexadecimal value “08” to replace the “58”, then you get the new Binary
value”0001000”. After that, exit and save.

“Byte 28”
11000010 -> 01000010
1XXXXXXX -> 0XXXXXXX
It means: On Byte 28, the 1st Binary number should be changed to “0”,
The old Binary value is “11000010”, the matching Hexadecimal is “C2”, you want to get new
Binary value “01000010”, use the above website tool to get the matching Hexadecimal is “42”,
so just input Hexadecimal value “42” to replace the “C2”, then you get the new Binary
value”0100010”. After that, exit and save.

4. 5F-Information Electr.: (show tire pressure in MIB)
2). Select “5F Information Electr.”
ENG122229-ENG117705-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-tire_pressure_system_0x07_msg_bus
( change “Stored value” {Suspension data bus} to -> “New value” {Databus extended}, then
click “Do it!”

Double check this channel
ENG122229-ENG117704-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-tire_pressure_system_0x07
should already be “activated”

5. 65-Tire Pressure: (set up the value of specified pressure)
2). Select “65 Tire Pressure”
IDE03511-Front-axle SPECIFIED pressure fully loaded
IDE03512-Rear-axle SPECIFIED pressure fully loaded
IDE08521-Front-axle SPECIFIED pressure comfort
IDE08522-Rear-axle SPECIFIED pressure comfort
IDE08523-Front-axle SPECIFIED pressure standard
IDE08524-Rear-axle SPECIFIED pressure standard
( change all “Stored value” {255} to -> “New value” {24}, then click “Do it!”
In new value has to input the tire pressure number without decimal point and the unit is bar,
so input “24” means the tire pressure set to 2.4 bar = 35 psi.

After all this coding done, please run one time “Auto-scan” and click “clean all DTCs” icon to
clean error code.

*6*. Show Tire Pressure value select menu in the MIB (with VAS6154 and ODIS Engineering
9.2.2), (if do this step 6, you can ignore the step 5)

1). First use this website
(http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https....com/joltcoke/rdks-tool/master/generator.html)
RDKS Generator tool to create the “tire pressure XML” file, if you use VAS5054 or VAS6154,
select the Dataset type as “ODIS”, and select RDKS ECU as “5Q0907273B”.

2). Load the XML file by ODIS Engineering with VAS6154 or VAS5054, I use ODIS Engineering
9.2.2 and VAS6154 (Windows 10), the VW Atlas mapping code is “VW416” in the ODIS software.
One thing I want you know, if you install the ODIS Engineering software that come from internet,
please be aware that your computer time have to be changed back early Sep 01, 2019,
otherwise the software CAN NOT work properly.

3). After finished ODIS data transfer, please run one time “Auto-scan” with VCDS and click
“clean all DTCs” icon to clean error code. (Because after ODIS done the data transfer, the
vehicle will show out lots of error code, it is normal, don’t worry, just clean all the error code
one time).

32. Turn on “Air Care Climatronic” function:
3). Select “Coding - 07”
select(highlight) “Byte 15” area, then tick “ON” the “Bit 5” selection

33. Can open sunroof all the way alone, but don’t need open sunshade: (use with OBDeleven)
1). Connect “OBDeleven” to vehicle
2). Select “08-HVAC”
3). Find “Necessary_linkage_sunroof_blind”
( change “Stored value” {active } to -> “New value” {not active} )

34. Disable “Auto unlock all door function when shift to park”, change to unlock all the door until open any door after park:
ENG141654-ENG116706-ZV Autolock-Autounlock NAR
( change “Stored value” {active} to -> “New value” { not active } )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#218 ·
The below is some VCDS Tweaks what I did on my 2018 VW-Atlas(Execline) and tested all work well.

2018 VW-Atlas(Execline) Some VCDS Tweaks

6. Gauge needle sweep when ignition on:
3). Select “Coding - 07”
select(highlight) “Byte 1” area, then tick “ON” the “Bit 0” selection

13. Turn on change ambient light color(4 to 10 kinds of color) function (Security access 31347 is required):
IDE09731-ENG125017-Int. light: 2nd generation-Instrumententafelbeleuchtung mehrfarbig
6). Then you can go this web site (https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html) to pick what you like color’s “R-G-B” value set as “new value” for the below channel (max 10 colors):
The above 6 channel for the 1st color, then you can set 2nd color with “*************Farbe 2”, and 3rd color with “***********Farbe 3”, ……, until to 10th color.
After this done, you need shut off the vehicle ignition power and waiting the digital cockpit screen totally off(nothing display), then turn the vehicle ignition on, turn on MIB unit, go “CAR” – “Setting” – “Ambient lighting” to see what happen on there and change the color then check the digital cockpit(Instrument) what happen too.
Because my car don’t replace the original “WHITE” ambient light LED tube(hardware) to multicolor LED tube, so I can’t check the really ambient light color changing in the car.

Ambient PIC 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o44etgd329ys08r/Ambient light-01.jpg?dl=0
Ambient PIC 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd363q2ix7ls9tm/Ambient light-02.jpg?dl=0
Ambient PIC 3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9aqbughvtnncft1/Ambient light-12.jpg?dl=0
Ambient Video 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rp2yy51rl3dokkf/VID-006.mp4?dl=0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks “Atlas123” for the new tweaks information.
HEllo,

I just got my hexv2 cable yesterday and I tried it last night. Not sure if it was because it was late but I cannot do the gauge sweep as it doesn't have the same step you are describing here. Also, for the ambient colors, I am at a complete lost on what to do here utilizing that website. What number am I supposed to enter etc. Please help :D

#133 ·
Hey, would you be able to elaborate on the exact changes you're able to make in the following module. I put my questions in bold.

4. Setup some climate control when “remote start”:
4). Scroll down channel list and find the below channel:
IDE07301-Remote start function: activation of seat heating
( change “Stored value” {Seat heater front} to -> “New value” {Without seat heater and ventilation} ) Change from 1, 2, 3 setting on seats or temp it turns on at?
IDE13676-Remote start function: rear window defogger
( change “Stored value” {active} to -> “New value” {not active} ) Outside temp value that it turns on/off?
IDE07304-Remote start function: activation of seat ventilation
( change “Stored value” {active} to -> “New value” {not active} )Outside temp value that it turns on/off?
IDE07302-Remote start function: interior climate control status
( change “Stored value” {Remote start function with fixed rated temperature value active} to -> “New value” {Remote start function with last set value active} ) Temperature that climate control is set to in Auto mode?

#134 · (Edited)
Those setup just totally turn off the seat heating, ventilation and rear window defogger when the car remote start. They have some different channel to setup the temp and stage 1,2,3, you can find it on the below picture, I highlight them.
That day when I did the test, outside temp is 3℃, when the car remote start, it turn on the seat heating, and rear window defogger automatic, but I don't like it turn on, that is why I disable those function. That day I didn't do the test with change the temp value, but I did the test with change the seat heating stage to 1, when remote start, the seat heating turn on with stage 1.
picture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oppzndg64ecg7ot/04-01.png?dl=0

#135 · (Edited)
6). Then you can go this web site (https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html) to pick what you like color’s “R-G-B” value set as “new value” for the below channel (max 10 colors):

Ambient PIC 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o44etgd329ys08r/Ambient light-01.jpg?dl=0
Ambient PIC 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd363q2ix7ls9tm/Ambient light-02.jpg?dl=0
Ambient PIC 3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9aqbughvtnncft1/Ambient light-12.jpg?dl=0
Ambient Video 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rp2yy51rl3dokkf/VID-006.mp4?dl=0

#139 ·
In normal it can change the MIB unit screen and digital cockpit line color and ambient light color, but I think in NA Atlas the ambient light LED hardware only white color, so want to change the ambient lighting color, have to replace the ambient LED first. Now in China the "Teramont" the ambient LED hardware support all kinds of color.

#144 ·
i didn't realize the premiums had so many LEDs in the tail light. seems to me that one should be able to get a rear fog light switch and make a change that would enable rear fog lights for North America Vehicles??