VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ross-Tech VCDS support and DIY for the Atlas

294K views 618 replies 142 participants last post by  mhjett 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone messed with VAG/COM or the like yet to see what we can customize? I'd LOVE to be able to turn off auto start/stop and make some other "default" setting changes.

Also, anyone doing (or planning) any performance upgrades yet? I feel like the car could use some front and rear torsion bars (or bigger ones if there already are some) and perhaps some stiffer (but not lower) springs. As a VR6 plant, there have to be plenty of aftermarket engine mods available, perhaps not as many as the 2.oT, but there is a LOT of engine compartment space in this vehicle (as if it was supposed to be a V8).

#139 ·
In normal it can change the MIB unit screen and digital cockpit line color and ambient light color, but I think in NA Atlas the ambient light LED hardware only white color, so want to change the ambient lighting color, have to replace the ambient LED first. Now in China the "Teramont" the ambient LED hardware support all kinds of color.

#144 ·
i didn't realize the premiums had so many LEDs in the tail light. seems to me that one should be able to get a rear fog light switch and make a change that would enable rear fog lights for North America Vehicles??

#147 ·
Compass enable

So I was able to get the compass to show on the MFD both as a small icon at the top of the screen and the circle with the vehicle (although requires infotainment unit to be on)

To code Compass [17] Instruments -> Long Coding -> Byte 10 -> Set bit 6 (enable compass display)

Good luck

#177 ·
So I was able to get the compass to show on the MFD both as a small icon at the top of the screen and the circle with the vehicle (although requires infotainment unit to be on)

To code Compass [17] Instruments -> Long Coding -> Byte 10 -> Set bit 6 (enable compass display)

Good luck
Just to verify...which trim is this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#150 ·
So I've been following this thread for awhile with interest of doing a lot of these to our Atlas. I'm fairly technical but wonder how difficult it is to become familiarized the interface it is for someone who is new to this type of programming? Is there anything that a newbie should know getting accustomed to this?

#154 ·
#158 ·
2018 VW Atlas SE w/ Tech

As of this writing, under 700 miles on vehicle, purchased 12/27/2018.

Completed a few VCDS upgrades today, nothing others haven't done before:

1) High Beam Assist
2) Needle Sweep
3) Fan speed display on Auto Climate
4) Doors lock/unlock with FOB when engine on

I plan to drop the speed that high beam assist comes on to about 30 mph, and off to 20 I think. And I still want to add the tear drop feature.

For me, High Beam Assist was a little different from what others have reported earlier.

I had to change this,

Module 9 -> Adaptation
ENG141650-ENG116637-Fern licht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Ferenlichtassisent changed from NOT Present to Present

Module A5 -> Long coding
Changed byte 21 from 00 to 20 (other posts had this listed as byte 2).

module 09 and changed the "fernlicht_assistent-Erweiterte_Fernlichsteurung" to AFS:FLA: Fernlicht ueber AFS (was: AFS Fernlicht ueber AFS)

That was mostly previously reported by others, but, seemed slightly off. Also, I had seen instructions to for a 'long coding' change necessary on the central electronics module A9, but when I click that, I get a popup error in VCDS that says there is not any coding information available.

Not sure what that's all about...but I drove it tonight after the changes, and high beam assist seems to work perfectly as expected...way cool.

JP

#185 ·
Any errors or issues? Anything special i.e. lights off during this procedure? I assume a factory reset lights in infotainment?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#160 ·
What is this teardrop feature I see mentioned every now and then? Also, if I go in for service (updates), should I try and undo all the new settings that show on the radio or do you think they will notice? I received that update letter and hope they will enable some new features and fix the bug I found where power steering stops working if you go as soon as the auto stop engages.

#164 ·
So the shop has had my car all day. They have Been back and forth on the phone with Corp trying to solve the pedestrian monitoring g "mystery". They said my PID (or some sort of number lookup) shows that my car is supposed to have the feature but they havent been able to solve it. Can get the menu to show but errors when you try and enable it.

#168 ·
I haven't (yet) but I did load the app on my phone and it does list Atlas as supported vehicle. It does not show "Apps" for Atlas yet but I assume those are coming in a future. (For our 2014 Q5 "Apps" are shown available.) It also did list Corrado as supported too... :eek:

For just about 50 bucks this is very tempting...

#182 ·
Has anyone figured out away to stop the car from automatically turning off when you leave it running without a key? I'm not talking about the auto-start/stop engine. I'm talking about when I want to run in to grab something but leave the car running with my family in it. The car just turns itself off after a very short while. Any way to disable that?