VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Car starts and dies then runs normal.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  65Strad 
#1 ·
I am having a problem. My car starts and runs but will die like 5 minutes afterward. Then a minute or two later it would start up again and run like nothing happened. It usually happens before I go to work and after I get off of work.

Last night was the worst though. It started, I let it idle, then as expected it shut off. But if took about an hour for it to start again. But then it was fine. I scanned it for codes and didn't find any. The battery is also good. It's from 9/16 and I had it tested as well.

I have no idea what's wrong with this or if anyone else had any similar issues. I just want some sort of idea of what's going on. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
sounds exactly like my symptoms on my 2014 Passat SE .I have 68000 miles and took it into the dealership 3 days ago.

It's intermittent and no codes are stored. First day they said they couldn't duplicate, so I went in and made it happen three times with a master tech who witnessed it.

They are calling tech support. Hopefully an answer will be found soon. The car runs fantastic otherwise bit this is a legitimate safety issue.

Damn gremlins are hiding too damn well. Car is a PZEV so if it's an emissions component it should be covered.

Just want it fixed right. Anyone else experience this and had a successful fix? If so, please share.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.