VWVortex.com - ÜRO PARTS - Good or Bad?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: ÜRO PARTS - Good or Bad?

Vehicles
      Current Collection: '66 Type I, '85 Vanagon, '91 Cabby, & '98 Nissan Frontier
      07-07-2017 07:16 AM #1
      I buy and drive a lot of cheap cars and depending on the quality of the car, that determines whether I buy OE or aftermarket parts.

I recently bought a beater Mk4 Jetta and the entire front end needed to be redone. I bought Üro Parts brand control arms and tie rod ends. The price was dirt cheap but the appearance of quality seems to be there. The A-arms had "Üro Parts" laser etched into the finish and the tie rods have the name clearly marked on the top. I wouldn't expect a low budget China made part to go through such trouble to brand their parts.

I also bought a water pump for an older mk2 era car. The pump has a metal impeller and the appearance of quality but the price point was also dirt cheap.

I found some hate for Üro Parts on the Bimmerfest forums but that was from 2007 and appeared to be resolved by the supplier.

Are Üro Parts a good source for parts on beater cars?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 01-09-2018 07:46 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by vdub6v View Post
      I buy and drive a lot of cheap cars and depending on the quality of the car, that determines whether I buy OE or aftermarket parts.

I recently bought a beater Mk4 Jetta and the entire front end needed to be redone. I bought Üro Parts brand control arms and tie rod ends. The price was dirt cheap but the appearance of quality seems to be there. The A-arms had "Üro Parts" laser etched into the finish and the tie rods have the name clearly marked on the top. I wouldn't expect a low budget China made part to go through such trouble to brand their parts.

I also bought a water pump for an older mk2 era car. The pump has a metal impeller and the appearance of quality but the price point was also dirt cheap.

I found some hate for Üro Parts on the Bimmerfest forums but that was from 2007 and appeared to be resolved by the supplier.

Are Üro Parts a good source for parts on beater cars?

I have used a few gaskets marked as Üro Parts from the parts listing, and they ended up being manufactured by Elring... Was happy to see that. I purchased a Üro Parts reverse switch for an AGB close ratio trans and it lasted about 3 weeks until it failed. It was clearly marked Üro Parts, the part appeared to be of acceptable quality, however the plastic was of a way different chemical compound than the original. It failed when a piece of the plastic broke internally causing the contacts to shift.

Not that this is an all inclusive review of the brand by any means, but those are the experiences I have had thus far.

Vehicles
      Current Collection: '66 Type I, '85 Vanagon, '91 Cabby, & '98 Nissan Frontier
      01-25-2018 11:59 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by oRANGEJULIUS View Post
      I have used a few gaskets marked as Üro Parts from the parts listing, and they ended up being manufactured by Elring... Was happy to see that. I purchased a Üro Parts reverse switch for an AGB close ratio trans and it lasted about 3 weeks until it failed. It was clearly marked Üro Parts, the part appeared to be of acceptable quality, however the plastic was of a way different chemical compound than the original. It failed when a piece of the plastic broke internally causing the contacts to shift.

Not that this is an all inclusive review of the brand by any means, but those are the experiences I have had thus far.
      Well I am 6 months and 5K miles into my Üro Parts a-arms, sway bar links, ball joints and tie rods. In another 6 months I will see if there is any play or premature wear when I take it for inspection.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 10-12-2018 09:01 PM #4
      Let us know

7. 10-25-2018 10:18 AM #5
      I own my own shop and URO as well as Meyle are the last parts I would use on my car or a clients car. If I have to warranty a job, I have to eat the labor, but I can swap out the part from my supplier [Worldpac]. Installing inferior parts is just the first step in the warranty process. I'm 4 weeks booked and it is a hassle to bring in a warranty job when you do not have time for the regular scheduled work.

With DIY'ers that purchase parts on the internet, you get a good price, but when that part fails, it is not worth the hassle of warrantying the part. Shop by brand, then by price. Usually people shop by price first.

I understand URO has tried to step up their game but sometimes what you see on the internet really is just a sales pitch.
      https://www.uroparts.com/uro/