VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Show me your Atlas with different wheels

638K views 826 replies 307 participants last post by  Mk6_vic 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
most other models have similar threads, so it would be cool to see some Atlas with different wheels. Personally i think the 18's look too small on this truck.

#198 ·
18 inch wheels vs 20 inch wheels

My wife and I are planning on purchasing a base fwd Atlas 2.0 Turbo soon. It comes with the 18 inch wheels. I’m thinking about going with aftermarket 20x 9 inch wheels. I’m curious how big of a difference comfort and fuel economy will be. My guess is it isn’t that big of a difference, but for those who have experienced both 18 inch and 20 inch wheels on an Atlas please share your thoughts.

#199 ·
My wife and I are planning on purchasing a base fwd Atlas 2.0 Turbo soon. It comes with the 18 inch wheels. I’m thinking about going with aftermarket 20x 9 inch wheels. I’m curious how big of a difference comfort and fuel economy will be. My guess is it isn’t that big of a difference, but for those who have experienced both 18 inch and 20 inch wheels on an Atlas please share your thoughts.
fuel economy is worse with 20s.. i have the 20s.. the atlas is a hog on gas.

This post has been deleted
#281 ·
Dealer let us swap the black 20’s for grey R-Lines on our SEL Premium. I think they look much better than the Premium rims. And takes the eyes off the plastic around the bottom of a “Premium” trim vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great choice. If I ended up with Red or Blue I would've 100% opted for the R-line wheels. Of all the stock wheels they look the best. The grey, black and white look fine with the black premium wheels, but nothing looks good with the stock silver premium wheels.

#204 ·
selling factory 20" wheels with tires NEW

Hello i am trying to sell my tires and wheels that come off my 2018 atlas sel the wheels are 20" and the tire on it have less then 2,000 miles , the tires are in central va 22903 or call 434 981-3781
ps THANKS STEVE FOR SELLING ME YOUR RIMS !!!:biggrinsanta:

#206 ·
Hello i am trying to sell my tires and wheels that come off my 2018 atlas sel the wheels are 20" and the tire on it have less then 2,000 miles , the tires are in central va 22903 or call 434 981-3781
ps THANKS STEVE FOR SELLING ME YOUR RIMS !!!:biggrinsanta:
you are welcome Stew [emoji106]

you need to post your wheels in the classified section under 5x112

good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#211 ·
Wheels for Atlas SE w/ Tech Question

Hello Everyone,

Newbie to aftermarket wheels here. I'm looking for some new 20in wheels for my Atlas. These seem to fit the specs but don't necessary say they will be fit a VW Atlas. Is there any concern in mounting these on an atlas?

https://www.oewheelsllc.com/20-Fits-Audi-Q5-Wheels-Gunmetal-20x8-5-SET

Thanks!
I’m going to test fit my 2016 SQ5 20” wheels on my wife’s Atlas this weekend. They are 20x8.5” ET33 and the Atlas factory wheels are 18x8” ET34. Ignoring the 1mm difference in offset, the wheels will be 1/4” further in and also 1/4” further out from the factory specs. The other issue is the the center bore on the Q5/SQ5 wheels is 66.6mm vs. 57.1mm for the Atlas wheels so you will need a set of adapters such as these...

https://www.amazon.com/Centric-Rings-Aluminum-Color-Vehicle/dp/B01N39VPXC

#214 ·
Is anyone out there running 19's? I have a set of Audi Peeler wheels from another car I want to mount up when we finally pick up the Atlas but wanted to see if 19's still look small. TIA

#215 ·
Official Atlas Wheel and Tire Thread

Just as the title describes, let's make this a post for everyone to share their wheel and tire combos wether it be for performance setups, luxury/oem+, or offroad setups. Post up pictures with all the details like wheel name/offsets/wheel size/tire size. I am a soon to be new Atlas owner and wish I could see more shots of everyone and their setups. I am personally looking for a clean oem+ look and hate the factory 18's that come on most of the lower trim lines. (Although I will say they look nice as heck on the MQB car platform!) At any rate, happy posting :)

Not my vehicle just found some pics on google for clicks.....

Chinese version of the Atlas called the Teramont, love the wheels

#217 ·
Just as the title describes, let's make this a post for everyone to share their wheel and tire combos wether it be for performance setups, luxury/oem+, or offroad setups. Post up pictures with all the details like wheel name/offsets/wheel size/tire size. I am a soon to be new Atlas owner and wish I could see more shots of everyone and their setups. I am personally looking for a clean oem+ look and hate the factory 18's that come on most of the lower trim lines. (Although I will say they look nice as heck on the MQB car platform!) At any rate, happy posting :)
Merged with the existing topic. No need for multiple topics on the same thing.

#227 ·
Hi folks,

Recently picked up a 2018 Atlas and want to replace the stock 18s ASAP. I'm new to using wheels with larger bore sizes and using hub rings. Wondering if anyone who has posted pics are running this way and if there are any issues? The re-seller I was dealing with said they do this all the time but was hesitant due to a slew of issues with Golfs...

Any feedback if using wheels with a larger bore on our car is suitable and wont introduce vibrations/issues?

Thanks!

#228 ·
I have a set of Vossen VFS1 22x10.5 ET30 5x112 CB 66.6 (from my Q5) and hub rings to fit the atlas but haven't gotten a chance to test fit. I currently have 265/35/22 which is too small for the atlas. What are your thoughts on 275/40/22 or 285/35 or 40/22. The 275/40 is similar to vanvan2m's setup but he is running a 9.5. Thoughts??

#229 ·
To address the comments saying a 22x10.5 wheel will not fit on an Atlas, my current setup is 22x9 et30 with 285-35-22 fronts and 22x10.5 et 23 with 295-35-22 rears, fits perfect and is a huge improvement in the aggressive looks of the vehicle. Really impressed with the ride quality, and prefer the ride quality over the factory 20’s that came on my R-Line

#230 ·
Is anyone running these sick OEM Teramont wheels on their Atlas? Or have a Teramont and want to show off some pics of these wheels? I cannot find part #'s anywhere to search for these wheels but I am so getting these as soon as I can source them out! They look OE+ and give the Atlas a true luxury SUV feel IMO.

#246 ·
Anyone out there want to join me on my mission to find part #'s for the Teramont wheels in this picture. I have honestly decided I want no other wheel but these and it is my mission to source these wheels and their part #'s no matter what LOL! But for real, I absolutely love how much more luxurious they make the Atlas look and maintain the OEM look!

#231 ·
I honestly like the Teramont as much as the R-Line Atlas! The front bumper carries the skid plate brushed look up over the air dam and it looks more fluid and clean to me and they have the chrome fender vents too which I have seen on eBay that say 4Motion instead of R-Line. Here is a shot of what I mean but also another shot of the wheels I am desperate to get my hands on!