Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 2018 Tiguan Third Party Accessories

1. 03-15-2019 08:50 AM #326
      Quote Originally Posted by JSWTDI09 View Post
      A lot of us have been looking for these. My only "idea" is: If you find them post a link for the rest of us.

Have Fun!

Don
      I have literally spent all week scouring the internet. Apparently they are made from unobtainium

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 03-20-2019 03:32 AM #327
      Has anyone purchased and installed inner door protection? I have a bad habit of sometimes hitting the lower part of the inner driver door with my foot when exiting...especially in a parking lot where I canít swing the door open all the way. Iíd hate to mark up the plastic on the inner door...it looks like it will scuff up in time and look terrible.

Found this one on eBay. Just in case the link stops working, itís one of those carbon-fiber looking stickers you place on the lower part of the front and back doors and protects the plastic, including the speakers. I like the idea in theory, but donít want something that looks cheesy, will peel off easy, or block the sound coming from the speaker.

Thoughts?

4. 03-20-2019 02:38 PM #328
      Quote Originally Posted by JimGravelle View Post
      Found this one... itís one of those carbon-fiber looking stickers you place on the lower part of the front and back doors and protects the plastic, including the speakers.
      Looks like the speaker sticker is separated from the rest of the sticker template. I would avoid covering the speaker grill.

I like the idea in theory, but donít want something that looks cheesy, will peel off easy, or block the sound coming from the speaker.

Thoughts?
      It's all a matter of taste. It's not my cup of tea, but to each his own.

5. 03-20-2019 05:04 PM #329
      Quote Originally Posted by i_am_sam_i_am View Post
      Looks like the speaker sticker is separated from the rest of the sticker template. I would avoid covering the speaker grill.

It's all a matter of taste. It's not my cup of tea, but to each his own.
      I agree...I'm not sure if I'd like the glossy 3D carbon fibre look. Just looking for options to protect the inner door plastic bits.

6. 03-28-2019 04:13 PM #330
      Has anyone tried one of these:

More importantly is something like this needed? I do have a bit of wind noise on the highway...nothing too bad. I'm guessing its the usual wind noise around the chunky side mirrors.

BTW...AliExpress just started a 4-day sale today. Loads of good deals to be had!
      Last edited by JimGravelle; 03-29-2019 at 02:20 AM.

7. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2018 Tiguan R-Line
      03-29-2019 12:42 PM #331
      Has anyone tried one of these:

BTW...AliExpress just started a 4-day sale today. Loads of good deals to be had!
      Yes! Ordered the wireless charging pod to fit into the OEM location in the cubby in front of the shifter $100CAD
      2018 VW Tiguan R-Line (purchased new 03/2019)
      2011 RAM 3500 Longhorn
      2009 Ford Escape Limited (replaced by the Tiguan)

CANADA

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      18 Tiguan SEL 4M, 17 Golf Wolfsburg
      03-30-2019 06:32 PM #332
      Thanks for the heads up on the Ali Express sale. Got the dash cubbie for around $55 😎

9. 03-31-2019 06:50 PM #333
      New here! Just bought a 2019 Tiguan SE and looking to put some stuff into it.

The pedal cover link earlier in the thread does not ship to USA. Anyone ever order from some of the other sellers below?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jame...53873c00WkwrV0
      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carm...53873c00WkwrV0

P.S. On the front console storage how well does it match? Also what are all these clips people are talking about loosing into the abyss?

10. Member
      Vehicles
      1999.5 VW Jetta GLS VR6
      05-15-2019 04:29 PM #334
      Quote Originally Posted by castlecraver View Post
      Has anyone installed any wood trim inside the cabin? I did a quick Google for wood trim but didn't find too much. Some of those kits are insane. Like 150 pcs insane. I was thinking 2-3 pieces - the piece above the glove box, somewhere near the infotainment, and maybe surrounding the gauge cluster. I think it may add a subtle pop to the interior without coming off as garish. Just curious if anyone else has already done something similar.
      AFAIK all those trim kits are stick on over your existing trim... not replacement.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      1999.5 VW Jetta GLS VR6
      05-15-2019 04:31 PM #335
      Quote Originally Posted by JSWTDI09 View Post
      A lot of us have been looking for these. My only "idea" is: If you find them post a link for the rest of us.

Have Fun!

Don
      They seem to have disappeared from the whole internet...

12. 05-16-2019 03:45 AM #336
      Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyVT View Post
      New here! Just bought a 2019 Tiguan SE and looking to put some stuff into it.

The pedal cover link earlier in the thread does not ship to USA. Anyone ever order from some of the other sellers below?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jame...53873c00WkwrV0
      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carm...53873c00WkwrV0

P.S. On the front console storage how well does it match? Also what are all these clips people are talking about loosing into the abyss?
      Canít help you with the peddle covers...I donít see the compelling reason to have them...but when I order from a new seller on AliExpress I just read the feedback to see what others say about them before making an order.

The clips are on the original dash storage tray that have a nasty habit of popping off when you remove the tray. I had two pop off but got lucky as they landed on something near the top and I was able to retrieve them. Itís no bid deal if you donít retrieve them because the replacement unit (with the top door) already has clips installed on it...ready to go. In other words, the original clips arenít need with the new unit.

Cheers!

13. 05-16-2019 06:41 PM #337
      Canít help you with the peddle covers...I donít see the compelling reason to have them...but when I order from a new seller on AliExpress I just read the feedback to see what others say about them before making an order.

The clips are on the original dash storage tray that have a nasty habit of popping off when you remove the tray. I had two pop off but got lucky as they landed on something near the top and I was able to retrieve them. Itís no bid deal if you donít retrieve them because the replacement unit (with the top door) already has clips installed on it...ready to go. In other words, the original clips arenít need with the new unit.

Cheers!
      Thanks!

I assume you have the dash storage compartment replacement, does it match well with the OEM dash?

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 Tiguan
      05-17-2019 10:38 AM #338
      Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyVT View Post
      Thanks!

I assume you have the dash storage compartment replacement, does it match well with the OEM dash?
      It matches exactly

15. n00b
      Vehicles
      2018 Tiguan SEL
      05-18-2019 02:09 PM #339
      I just installed these $20 splash guards (on my 2018 SEL) from Amazon without removing the wheels:
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The trick is to use this ratcheting Right Angle Screwdriver from Harbor Freight to remove and screw in the wheel well screws. It even has the necessary T20 torx bit to remove the old screws. With the 30% off coupon this week, it was only like $2.10.
      https://www.harborfreight.com/8-piec...ver-92630.html

I'm super happy with the fit, looks just like OEM. Dealer quoted me about $300 for the same job long ago with the OEM splash guards. 1 hole is needed to be drilled for the fronts -- I assume they were allowing time for wheel removal and full size tools. The amazon kit comes with self-tapping screws (it's just into plastic) and I didn't need to drill at all, just drove it in with a stubby screwdriver and it took. I also used a straight screwdriver with removable bits, and the same T20 bit from the kit to deal with the screws in the bottom.

Not bad for a little over $24 after tax job.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314