VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

G60 Boost leak from crankcase ventilation ?

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  807corrado 
#1 ·
Hi guys ! I have 9psi of boost at 5500rpm. I wanted to check for any boost leaks, and I did. I did everything folowing the bentley procedures.
At first I did boost leak check from the silencer box to the throttle body - I found out that my CO Pot "O"ring was causing a big leak ! I fixed it and tested again = leak fixed :D
I decided to try TEST A from Bentley, because it is testing the whole intake system for leakage. I followed the Bentley procedure:
-I putted the engine at Cyl1 TDC and turned it 3 teeth back (counterclockwise).
-I removed the cranckcase ventilation hose from the cranckase breather and capped the hose.
-I removed the intake air hose from the G-charger and I put my home-made adaptor with valve.
Then I started pressurising the system to 0.9Bar as Bentley says. Here comes the problem - when the pressure starts to build up the air starts coming out from the crankcase breather (or from the oil fill hole if I remove the oil cap) and it looses ppressure :confused: Why is this happening ? (Bentley specifies that the pressure after 30 seconds must not be below 0.3Bar)

A little info about the car:
Stock engine and charger.
Car is running good.
Charger is in good shape, engine is not burning oil, Engine is not smokig, It has NO startup problems. Good mpg (as far as I can say for G60 :laugh:)
Compression is good according to Bentley:
Cyl1 - 127psi
Cyl2 - 134psi
Cyl3 - 135psi
Cyl4 - 127psi

So, what can be the problem caused by ?
Sorry for my bad english :wave:
Best regards,
Vasko

See less See more
#5 ·
Now just thinking out loud here and someone more experienced with the G60 can chime in but I’m thinking possibly the oil seals in the charger or oil return hose? Just a thought or possibly rings? I compression tested mine and it was looking good on the high side but upon rate down cylinders were glazed and skirt wear so just some thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.