Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: 2018 Tiguan - APR flash?

Vehicles
      2016 S4 6MT Stage 2+, 2016 GTI 6MT PP LP
      07-06-2020 09:03 PM #626
      There is another option for you all to consider and that would be Race Chips out of Germany. High quality components and they are claiming 50+ whp. Similar in nature to the Jb4, and they even have a model (GTS) that offers engine warranty

https://www.racechip.com/shop/vw/tig...2kw-320nm.html

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 07-07-2020 08:53 AM #627
      Quote Originally Posted by JDHRNC View Post
      There is another option for you all to consider and that would be Race Chips out of Germany. High quality components and they are claiming 50+ whp. Similar in nature to the Jb4, and they even have a model (GTS) that offers engine warranty

https://www.racechip.com/shop/vw/tig...2kw-320nm.html
      For 500 euros? Sounds too good to be true to me...

Vehicles
      2016 VW GTI PP; 2018 VW Tiguan
      07-07-2020 01:13 PM #628
      They have us web site and offer three different versions.

I would like to know more....

https://www.racechip.us/shop/vw/tigu...-221lb-ft.html

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
      2016 VW GTI PP
      2018 VW Tiguan

Vehicles
      2018 Accord Sport 2.0T
      07-07-2020 01:30 PM #629
      Quote Originally Posted by PZ View Post
      Yes, much like the B5 Passat sedan was just a family sedan. Once people found out what they could do with upgrades, it became pretty popular. You will have some early modders who push the engine as much as possible. Someone already has a billet IS38 turbo installed. I expect the GTI's IS20 would be popular upgrade over the mini IS20 in the Tiguan.
      Exactly. If there's a market for an APR tune, why wouldn't some of those people go for an easy bolt-on turbo upgrade? Doesn't need to be huge or even an aftermarket turbo, just enough of an upgrade to carry out the powerband to redline, for which the GTI IS20 is probably fine.

6. 07-07-2020 03:18 PM #630
      Quote Originally Posted by VWturbonium View Post
      Exactly. If there's a market for an APR tune, why wouldn't some of those people go for an easy bolt-on turbo upgrade? Doesn't need to be huge or even an aftermarket turbo, just enough of an upgrade to carry out the powerband to redline, for which the GTI IS20 is probably fine.
      Didn't Arin or somebody else say that the trans is only rated to 300tq?

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      07-07-2020 05:44 PM #631
      Quote Originally Posted by VWturbonium View Post
      To each their own I guess. To me, swapping the turbo for more top end pull makes sense for a 3100lb manual sedan................. but not so much for a 3800lb automatic crossover. But if there's demand for it then it's a no brainer I guess.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Vehicles
      2018 Accord Sport 2.0T
      Yesterday 09:21 AM #632
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      To each their own I guess. To me, swapping the turbo for more top end pull makes sense for a 3100lb manual sedan................. but not so much for a 3800lb automatic crossover. But if there's demand for it then it's a no brainer I guess.
      That's fair and you're right that the MQB Tiguan is never going to be a huge market for big upgrades.

For those worried about lag or the transmission....remember that VW thought the GTI-spec EA888/IS20 combo was fine for the even heavier Atlas with the same transmission as the Tiguan. APR has had those running around with tunes making some pretty big HP and TQ numbers for over a year now.

9. Yesterday 10:39 PM #633
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Are people really gonna be upgrading their turbos and the like on their warranty'd family haulers? Seems extreme and unlikely. We're talking about a 3800-3900lb family crossover here, not a hot hatch.
      A member in Tiguan Owners FB group has already gone is38. His tuner was having zero success however and his progress has been severely hampered. He now has to drive 12-14hrs to a more capable tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Yesterday 10:39 PM #634
      Quote Originally Posted by AkiraSieghart View Post
      Didn't Arin or somebody else say that the trans is only rated to 300tq?
      It’s something around 330ft/lbs.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      Yesterday 11:05 PM #635
      Quote Originally Posted by zimmie2652 View Post
      A member in Tiguan Owners FB group has already gone is38. His tuner was having zero success however and his progress has been severely hampered. He now has to drive 12-14hrs to a more capable tuner.

I questioned him about whether his tuner can tune the ECU, he got insulted... And now I get to be smug but not going rub it in

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/DDM Tuning Ultra HID 5500K/Neuspeed P-flo/AEM Dryflow BruteForce filter

12. Yesterday 11:08 PM #636
      Quote Originally Posted by BsickPassat View Post
      I questioned him about whether his tuner can tune the ECU, he got insulted... And now I get to be smug but not going rub it in

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
      I was more confused how they were able to tune it before but can’t do some adjustments for the new turbo.

I’d love to hear more about what problems they were facing.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526