VWVortex.com - MK7.5 Golf R VCDS Tweaks
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MK7.5 Golf R VCDS Tweaks

1. 11-20-2017 02:22 PM #1
      I’d like to start a topic for tweaks that are working on the new MK7.5 2018 Golf R, as for my experience, majority of the tweaks are not working or VCDS does not have labels for the new modules in the car.

The Soundaktor mod is the only one so far that I’ve been able to do successfully, along with the led lights displaying on the knob of the heat controls in Auto Mode as well as seat heat memory retention.

The mods I need help with are:

Exhaust flap always open
      Window convenience open/close
      Mirror tilt in reverse

I’ve followed instructions for previous years and coding is either rejected or doesn’t work, please help and feel free to post any other VCDS mods you think might be worthwhile doing to my MK7.5 Golf R

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf R 6MT Lapiz Blue... 2017 WSM GLI DSG... Gone but not forgotten 2016 Golf R 6MT Tornado Red
      11-20-2017 02:53 PM #2
      Exhaust Flap... Did you do it while engine is on or off (ACC)? Try both and see what happens. Can't remember what I did before when I got it to work.

Convenience Windows... Not sure why it's not working for you honestly.

Mirror tilt in reverse... There are maybe less than 20-30 out of over 10000 mk7 Rs sold in NA that got this to work.
      done with japs... germans from now on

@7.5goRf #mk7Rcenterexit

Vehicles
      2017 LSG Golf R 6MT, 1986 Jetta Diesel
      11-20-2017 02:56 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by zvwggtip09 View Post
      Exhaust Flap... Did you do it while engine is on or off (ACC)? Try both and see what happens. Can't remember what I did before when I got it to work.

Mirror tilt in reverse... There are maybe less than 20-30 out of over 10000 mk7 Rs sold in NA that got this to work.
      For the mirror tilt, it'll work in NA but you NEED the power folding mirrors in order for the mirror to return to its starting position.
      Quote Originally Posted by BChad View Post
      Watch your mouth you BMP peasant
      Quote Originally Posted by eh6 View Post
      You're obviously an idiot, please set yourself on fire

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      11-20-2017 05:08 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by oTurtlez View Post
      For the mirror tilt, it'll work in NA but you NEED the power folding mirrors in order for the mirror to return to its starting position.
      Interesting. Mine work fine every time over the last week or so and I have the standard mirrors. Return to start position as soon as I drive away or move the switch from R back to Center.

Edit: for clarity I used the App on OBD11 to do the tweak. I don’t have VCDS.
      2018 IGM R w/ DSG/DAP - Daily - Build
      2015 Juke Nismo RS 6MT - Sold - Build
      2010 Touring/Nav/Sport 6MT 370Z - Summer Car - Build

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 Mazda 3 hatch 5MT; 2018 Golf R Wannabe
      11-20-2017 06:27 PM #5
      What's the difference between odb11 basic and pro?

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2018 MK7.5 R
      11-20-2017 06:36 PM #6
      There a way to permanently disable auto start/off function? It's so damn annoying.
      2001 S2000 (Weekend)
      2018 MK7.5 (Daily)

Instagram: gilly_automotive

Vehicles
      2017 LSG Golf R 6MT, 1986 Jetta Diesel
      11-20-2017 06:37 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by edconline View Post
      Interesting. Mine work fine every time over the last week or so and I have the standard mirrors. Return to start position as soon as I drive away or move the switch from R back to Center.

Edit: for clarity I used the App on OBD11 to do the tweak. I don’t have VCDS.
      So they do move back, however most people report that they don't go back to exactly where they were originally and in order to get that functionality to be perfect the power folding ones are required as they have position memory.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by BChad View Post
      Watch your mouth you BMP peasant
      Quote Originally Posted by eh6 View Post
      You're obviously an idiot, please set yourself on fire

10. Member
      11-20-2017 06:47 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by oTurtlez View Post
      So they do move back, however most people report that they don't go back to exactly where they were originally and in order to get that functionality to be perfect the power folding ones are required as they have position memory.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      Gotcha.
      Mine do not reset perfectly either, one every three times I have to tweak it (down) a bit when t resets.
      Good to know about the power folding mirrors, another reason to get them it seems.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 R
      11-20-2017 07:06 PM #9
      When the 2017s first came out it was a couple months before everything had labels.. Most of the stuff was almost the same but the folding mirrors adaptions were differently named, same with the comfort windows.

Re the mirror memory if you have a obd11 you can check the live data to see if you have mirror memory if it says 255/255 location you don't have it. If it gives you an exact co-ordinate then you do have it. I never checked with my stock mirrors but after upgrading to folding mirrors i definitely have the location and my tilt works perfectly. Rarely use it but when i'm parallel parking next to a curb it's nice.

Difference between normal obd11 and pro is that the pro lets you do long coding and manual adaption changes (basically required). The normal one all you can do are the silly apps.

12. 11-20-2017 11:16 PM #10

The problem I have is that my car being a 2018 it is a facelift and a lot of the modules are new and don’t have labels in VCDS yet, being that said I am afraid to be meddling with options that I don’t know what they do.
      On the other hand I was able to get the mirror to flip down on reverse, today out of the blue it seemed the option showed up under the mirror and wiper setting that allowed me to select it to dip in reverse and it actually works!

13. 11-20-2017 11:19 PM #11

By convenience windows, I mean the option of being able to open them or closed him with the key fob.
      I love that option especially in the summer when it’s really hot so that way you can air out your car as you’re walking towards it, and even though I followed all the instructions I can’t get it to go on.

14. 11-21-2017 06:45 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by HeartlessAngel View Post
      By convenience windows, I mean the option of being able to open them or closed him with the key fob.
      I love that option especially in the summer when it’s really hot so that way you can air out your car as you’re walking towards it, and even though I followed all the instructions I can’t get it to go on.

I thought I had the window ope/close done since all the coding was accepted, but still no dice.
      The mirror I have to say since I adjusted it the first time it’s been returning to the exact spot which is awesome

15. 11-21-2017 07:10 AM #13
      I’d like to start a topic for tweaks that are working on the new MK7.5 2018 Golf R, as for my experience, majority of the tweaks are not working or VCDS does not have labels for the new modules in the car.

The Soundaktor mod is the only one so far that I’ve been able to do successfully, along with the led lights displaying on the knob of the heat controls in Auto Mode as well as seat heat memory retention.

The mods I need help with are:

Exhaust flap always open
      Window convenience open/close
      Mirror tilt in reverse

I’ve followed instructions for previous years and coding is either rejected or doesn’t work, please help and feel free to post any other VCDS mods you think might be worthwhile doing to my MK7.5 Golf R

Thank you in advance

I have a similar issue with a 2017 GTI (wife's car). The labels have changed and inputs on certain adaption channels have changed. I also have a 2016 R so I compared the tweaks in the R to the like GTI parameters and there are also changes from once Alpha character input to now numeric values only input.

I tried the convenience blink tweak from 3 to 4 in the GTI for a test and it did not stick.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 R
      11-21-2017 08:54 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by manfriday View Post
      I have a similar issue with a 2017 GTI (wife's car). The labels have changed and inputs on certain adaption channels have changed. I also have a 2016 R so I compared the tweaks in the R to the like GTI parameters and there are also changes from once Alpha character input to now numeric values only input.

I tried the convenience blink tweak from 3 to 4 in the GTI for a test and it did not stick.
      You have to reset headlight settings after changing that to get it to work. If that doesn't work i can post the exact coding i followed for my 2017, its the same as previous years though.

17. 11-21-2017 10:12 AM #15
      I'll try that today, thanks for input

18. 11-21-2017 11:35 PM #16
      So I’m super excited, the convenience open/close with the key is working as is the mirror dip in reverse, all I had to do was the reset all the windows by holding up for five seconds when it was closed, and down for five seconds when it was open on all the windows.
      Only things I can’t seem to manage Is to have the daytime running lights menu showing up on the head unit, closing the windows when rain is detected even though the option does show up on the head unit🤯, and the exhaust flap always open modification.
      After fiddling with it for this past couple of weeks, now I see why everybody’s just buying the OBDEleven dongle. 🤪

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 R
      11-22-2017 09:01 AM #17
      So I’m super excited, the convenience open/close with the key is working as is the mirror dip in reverse, all I had to do was the reset all the windows by holding up for five seconds when it was closed, and down for five seconds when it was open on all the windows.
      Only things I can’t seem to manage Is to have the daytime running lights menu showing up on the head unit, closing the windows when rain is detected even though the option does show up on the head unit🤯, and the exhaust flap always open modification.
      After fiddling with it for this past couple of weeks, now I see why everybody’s just buying the OBDEleven dongle. 🤪

Once more people have the 7.5 i'm sure all your question will be solved pretty quickly. FYI i brought it up in another thread but i've never seen the auto closing windows with rain working on any MK7 car. Even with the option selected/coding accepted no ones posted that it's works when actually testing it with water/rain. I gave up trying to get that one working.

The OBD11 is nice because a lot of the options are simpler. You don't have as much power as the VCDS but everything is "easier", but i think the real reason so many have it is because of the price. Also their adaption labels were updated much quicker (at least for the 2017).

20. 11-22-2017 03:28 PM #18
      Got a bit of info, if you want the option to turn on/off the DRLs on the infotainment unit this is what you’re looking for, just set it to active.
      Go to 9 - Central Electronics
      Security - 31347
      Then find this on 10 - Adaptation

Now I need assistance disabling the orange LEDs in the headlights, the old instructions don’t work

Last edited by HeartlessAngel; 11-22-2017 at 03:40 PM.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      '18 R, DSG, DAP, Lapiz Blue
      11-22-2017 11:02 PM #19
      Any ideas is this (see video below) would also work on a 2018 R? Any one with 2018 R and ODB11 that can check?

https://youtu.be/qAZnnVFkgaI

22. Member
      11-22-2017 11:13 PM #20
      Got a bit of info, if you want the option to turn on/off the DRLs on the infotainment unit this is what you’re looking for, just set it to active.
      Go to 9 - Central Electronics
      Security - 31347
      Then find this on 10 - Adaptation

Now I need assistance disabling the orange LEDs in the headlights, the old instructions don’t work

Man, I desperately want to disable those orange running lights in the front too!! Tried a bunch of things, no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cebo0650 View Post
      Any ideas is this (see video below) would also work on a 2018 R? Any one with 2018 R and ODB11 that can check?

https://youtu.be/qAZnnVFkgaI
      I could...
      but TBH I don’t really care to change just the gauge appearance. Now if I could reprogram the whole digital cockpit to be the same as the one Audi uses for screens and functions.... now we are talking

23. 11-22-2017 11:23 PM #21
      Man, I desperately want to disable those orange running lights in the front too!! Tried a bunch of things, no luck.

I could...
      but TBH I don’t really care to change just the gauge appearance. Now if I could reprogram the whole digital cockpit to be the same as the one Audi uses for screens and functions.... now we are talking
      I agree, I fiddled with it in VCDS, just changes to the various displays from various VW models.

24. Member
      11-26-2017 09:02 PM #22
      I just coded on ‘Dynamic Lane Assist’ via OBD11. I’ll try it out tomorrow but this should make the car stay centred in the lane a lot better instead of bouncing off the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Member
      Vehicles
      11-26-2017 09:27 PM #23
      I just coded on ‘Dynamic Lane Assist’ via OBD11. I’ll try it out tomorrow but this should make the car stay centred in the lane a lot better instead of bouncing off the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ODB11 app or manual coding?

26. Member
      11-26-2017 09:33 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by cebo0650 View Post
      ODB11 app or manual coding?

Manual. Control unit A5, long coding, change parameter ‘point of intervention’ from ‘late’ to ‘early (setting via menu)’.
      Then it shows up under assistance systems in the infotainment, and you can turn adaptive lane tracking on.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      11-26-2017 09:36 PM #25
      Manual. Control unit A5, long coding, change parameter ‘point of intervention’ from ‘late’ to ‘early (setting via menu)’.
      Then it shows up under assistance systems in the infotainment, and you can turn adaptive lane tracking on.
      Awesome, thank you! I’ll add that to my list of things to do when I finally get my car.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast