VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2004 Silver Phaeton 5 seater, south of Raleigh NC

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Callsignviper12 
#1 · (Edited)
Due to a stroke in Oct I will be selling my beloved "P". It has been a slow process in recovering. I have bounced back but not enough for the Dr to allow me back to work. Life throws us challenges and we have to realign our futures. I can't work on my cars as I once did and looks as if I have to downsize everything around me. I would rather this car go to someone who will appreciate it and as everyone knows, if you can work on them they are most excellent.

2004 Phaeton v8 (G9R) Silver Mirror Metallic 5 seater

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmas7gFp

Both Batteries replaced in 2014
The previous owner had the timing belt done at 115,000.
CoStar installed
Denison Bluetooth installed (I still have the CD player)
oil just serviced on time not mileage.
under 500 miles on new set of Falkens 255/45R18 103W m+s
I debadged the PHAETON letters, yes I still have them if you so want to announce it.
The Tint is LIMO dark on the rear deck and rear sides. Front driver and passenger are NOT tinted.

I have a European Headlight switch that has not been installed yet. (for being able to use the park lights)
You can have the Ross-Tech VagCom Hex cable unit (the one that can be used with multiple cars, it worked on my 09 jetta as well) and
The Bentley VW Phaeton DVD manual as I will not be needing them.

The motor is still strong, no leaks, air bag system stays inflated, the trunk release button works but the trunk will not "pop" open. I think it needs an adjustment. All electronics works. Vent control system opens and closes with no problems. The rear sunscreen works. I don't want to get rid of this car. The massaging seats work. All interior and exterior lights work.

The car has been garage kept and under a car cover since I bought her in 2015. I take her out once a month, drive her a couple days so I can "take her for a walk". At cruising speeds she will still get around 23-24 mpgs. 129700 on the odometer.

The car is actually located in Sanford NC. If anyone is here locally and wants to view or drive no problem, PM me with you information to coordinate.

See less See more
#2 ·
very sorry to hear of your medical issues. the wife had a stroke back in August and we are in the middle of a long and arduous recovery, no doubt similar to your own circumstances. she gets a little bit better every day and I hope you are too !

#5 ·
calmone01,

sorry I just noticed your post. As for the struts, I have not replaced the struts as this vehicle has been in the south carolina area all of its life and garage kept and shows no signs of needing replacement. With that said, I had planned on replacing wearable suspension on mileage in the near future. But for now, she glides beautifully. ~D

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.