VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

bentley GT 2004 transmission problem .

6K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  mopakarim 
#1 ·
good day everyone ...

i have my bentley new engine replacement and new battery so i remove the transmission to install the new engine . after install the new engine and connect the transmission my transmission wont shift to P,R,N or D i cant move the car ... any idea guys ... thanks

#3 ·
Yes it shifting from P to R to N to D .

But am wandering what is ( gear or transmission switch) ? Because I did computer check it showed lose connection between the gear and engine and it shows gear switch to be checked... thanks for your respons

#4 · (Edited)
I take it that the trans worked fine before you replaced the engine, as in this is your personal vehicle and therefore you have firsthand knowledge that the trans was in working order before engine replacement, if so, have you double checked the wiring harness and twist on plug at trans, did you double check the shifter linkage cable at trans, as the gear selection is done by way of manual movement of gear lever of the side of trans, not electronically like newer trans of today, are there any strange noises, who did the job, shop or yourself, the trans does have an electronic valve body that why I say to check the round twist on plug at the trans, make sure it is seated properly and that no pins were damaged during removal and installation of said plug.

What is the fault code you came up with ?

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.