VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

WTB Motivated Buyer, Cash in Hand, Looking for 4 Seater Phaeton

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  53PL-50AAA-VW611BAN 
#1 · (Edited)
WTB Motivated Buyer, Cash in Hand, Looking for 4 Seater Phaeton in N/A

Hi all,

Title says it all, I'm a motivated buyer looking to purchase a 4 seater Phaeton. I'm not sure if there are any for sale on here but my typical searched are coming up soft and every one I get to is sold already. Ideally a W12 but I'll still buy a V8. Thanks guys!

I'm in N/A specifically Ohio but I will travel for a Phaeton

Peter

#2 ·
Hi all,

Title says it all, I'm a motivated buyer looking to purchase a 4 seater Phaeton. I'm not sure if there are any for sale on here but my typical searched are coming up soft and every one I get to is sold already. Ideally a W12 but I'll still buy a V8. Thanks guys!

Peter
You have to put where you are. If you are in North America, you can't buy a ROW Phaeton. If you are in the U.S. you might be able to buy a Canadian one but the rules are tricky. (No engine changes for one. No salvage titles for another.)

If you are in Europe or Asia or The Middle East or Scandinavia and possibly Latin America (ROW), you can buy whatever Phaeton you want.

There have been a few North American Phaeton 4-seaters on here. They were V8s. You just have to be patient. You can also check eBay. Put in a saved search for "Volkswagen Phaeton" in Cars & Trucks. There is usually at least one Phaeton there. There's one there now, but it's a basic one and not a 4-seater. For the price, it would be a good daily driver.

-Eric

#4 ·
You're welcome, Peter. Now is the time to buy. The prices have almost bottomed out but parts are getting scarce. In a few years, it'll be hard to buy any new Phaeton-specific parts.

(Europe will be a different story because it was built until 2016, but no telling if U.S. dealers will be able to get "European" parts.)

From what I have gathered, the 4-seater package was a separate option package and the Phaeton might not have other options like sensitive leather or piano finish paint or the upgraded audio.

Good luck in your quest.

-Eric

This post has been deleted
#8 ·
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.