Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Kia Forte Renderings Preview New Sedan Ahead Of NAIAS

01-15-2018 08:04 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by chocofrappe55 View Post
      Heated and ventilated seats in econobox FTW... In MB C-class they're part of $6,800 Premium3 Package
      Actually you can get them for $1030 + the cost of the bundled $1950 Leather seat package...so $2980.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Handed in my car enthusiast 'card'.
      01-15-2018 10:06 PM #27
      Heated and ventilated seats in econobox FTW... In MB C-class they're part of $6,800 Premium3 Package

Gotta live with a CVT, doe.

4. 01-15-2018 10:50 PM #28

Vehicles
      '19 XC90 T6
      01-15-2018 11:07 PM #29
      They can call it Stinger-derived all they way, this is relatively boring and derivative. Kia has some unique design cues with their upswept C-pillar but didn't bother to include that here so instead the greenhouse looks like a Sentra

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring, 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT, 2013 Ford Escape SE
      01-15-2018 11:12 PM #30
      It's got Subcompact Car Wheel Syndrome - the wheels look small because the body is too tall. That's quite a feat on something that simultaneously appears to be nearly midsized.
      You think you hate it now, but wait 'til you drive it.

7. 01-15-2018 11:18 PM #31
      Schreyer is getting boring on this new gen first the rio , now this i miss the last gens more swoopy design

Vehicles
      Handed in my car enthusiast 'card'.
      01-16-2018 12:10 AM #32
      2019 Jetta SEL has heated & ventilated seats, as well....

9. 01-16-2018 03:15 PM #33

10. 01-16-2018 03:44 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by vb22 View Post
      Aventador video
      Love it!

11. Member
      Vehicles
      Boring silver appliance w/rear disc brakes & TuRD Japan shift knob
      01-16-2018 04:31 PM #35
      I know there is the Forte5 SX hatch with the 1.6T GDI and 6 speed, will they add the same powertrain to the sedan a la Elantra Sport?

12. 01-17-2018 12:09 AM #36

Vehicles
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      01-17-2018 12:55 AM #37
      Nice on the commercial. 2 minutes - Super Bowl?

14. 02-01-2018 11:38 PM #38
      Could Kia be prepping a sportier Forte?
      While buyers in the Europe and the U.K. can pick up a Kia Pro_Cee’d GT with as much as 200 horsepower (149 kilowatts), here in the U.S. there’s no performance version of the Forte to speak of. The closest thing American buyers get to a hot entry-level Kia is the Soul Turbo, or the Hyundai Elantra Sport.

But if we’re to believe new reports, Kia could finally bring the performance cues found on the Pro_Cee’d to the Forte in the U.S. At least we hope. In an interview with MotorTrend at this year’s Detroit Auto Show, Product Manager for the Kia Forte, Derrick Ty, said that a "more exciting" version of the Forte could happen. What exactly that more exciting model could be remains to be seen.

"We’re not done with Forte, so we have more exciting products," he said. "We have more exciting products that are coming that I can’t speak of… It’ll be pretty exciting for the next few years. I mean, I’m already excited as it is with the Forte the way it turned out. It’s a taste of what’s to come."

The news comes shortly after Kia’s showing of the all-new Forte made its debut in Detroit, and just a few months after the debut of the handsome Proceed concept in Geneva in 2017. It remains unclear exactly what Ty meant by "more exciting," but given that the Forte shares the same J5 platform with the Elantra, i30, and Cee’d – each of which have their own performance variants – it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility for the Forte to see the same treatment.

For now, we’ll have to make do with the standard Forte. The new sedan was shown for the fist time in Detroit, and alongside edgy new styling cues, the 2.0-liter engine delivers 147 horsepower (109 kilowatts) and 132 pound-feet (178 Newton-meters) of torque. Paired with the CVT transmission, Kia estimates that it could be good for as much as 35 miles per gallon combined.
      https://www.motor1.com/news/229175/2...xciting-model/

Vehicles
      14 focus st
      02-02-2018 06:55 AM #39
      Looks better than first gen CLA250's, that's for sure.

Vehicles
      4-door Mustang GT 4.6L
      02-02-2018 07:24 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by vb22 View Post
      I love that video. Reminds me of the cool ads Volvo (and one Saab) did comparing it to other exotic/luxury cars

Vehicles
      16' GTI
      02-02-2018 09:37 AM #41
      I like it!

And the retro Saab, Volvo ads are also great.
      Past: 94 Jetta, 89 Accord (beater), 97 Jetta GT, 91 Mazda 626 (beater), 02 Audi A4, 07 Civic (commuter), 06 BMW 330i, 12 GTI, 96 Ls1 Swapped E36, 2013 MT Focus

08-21-2018 09:44 PM #42
      2020 Kia Forte GT Scooped With A Possible Turbocharged Engine

Kia Forte product manger Derrick Ty hinted at a “more exciting” variant earlier this year and it now appears we’re getting our first glimpse of the model.

Dressed in heavy camouflage, the 2020 Kia Forte GT promises to be even sportier than the base model. While the cladding hides most of the styling changes, our spy shooter says the car will have a new front fascia with a revised grille and larger air intakes. The modest styling changes continue out back as the model has a modified rear bumper and a dual exhaust system.

While the styling changes don’t appear to be too drastic, the model should receive a more powerful engine. Nothing is official, but the most likely candidate is the turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder that resides in the Hyundai Elantra Sport. It produces a healthy 201 hp (150 kW / 203 PS) and 195 lb-ft (264 Nm) of torque.

If those numbers carryover to the Forte GT, the model would have an additional 54 hp (40 kW / 55 PS) and 63 lb-ft (85 Nm) of torque. That’s a significant improvement over the base model which has a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with 147 hp (110 kW / 149 PS) and 132 lb-ft (178 Nm) of torque.

Since the GT will likely sit at or near the top of the Forte lineup, we can expect the car will come nicely equipped with a dual-zone climate control system, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system and an assortment of driver assistance systems. The cabin could also have a handful of sporty styling touches, but nothing is official as of yet.

Considering the standard Forte won’t go on sale in United States until later this year, it’s likely the Forte GT won’t be unveiled until 2019.

19. 09-28-2018 06:59 AM #43
      No, it won’t have Stinger GT levels of performance.

One month after Kia unveiled the 2019 Forte at the Detroit Auto Show, Kia Forte Product Manager Derrick Ty let slip a "more exciting" version of the Forte could happen. Since then, we’ve waited for new developments – spy photos, rumors, something. Well, we finally have that something – spy photos of the Kia Forte GT, which is rumored to replace the sportier SX model.

It’s wearing plenty of camouflage; however, we can spot a few of the sportier elements. The most significant upgrade is the oval dual exhaust at the rear. New side skirts and what appears to be a spoiler round on the trunk out the Forte GT’s more aggressive appearance. The front fascia may have some tweaks, but they’re hidden under a copious amount of camo. However, it appears unchanged.

Under the hood will be a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine – the same engine in the recently-revealed 2019 Kia Ceed GT. The engine produces 201 horsepower and 195 pound-feet (265 Newton-meters) of torque. It’ll pair with either a six-speed manual transmission or seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.

When Kia debuted the 2019 Forte, it announced three trims – LX, S, and EX. The addition of the GT trim would give the sedan some performance credence. Both Kia and Hyundai are on a performance blitz, introducing sportier models across their respective lineups. Hyundai has its N performance division while Kia has the Stinger GT in its portfolio. Considering the new Kia Forte borrows more than a few styling cues from the Stinger, giving it some added performance chops wouldn’t hurt.

The Kia Forte GT looks ready for the limelight, so we shouldn’t have to wait long for an official unveiling. We could see one soon – as soon as the Los Angeles Auto Show, which kicks off at the end of November.
      https://www.motor1.com/news/267510/kia-forte-gt-spied/

10-30-2018 10:15 PM #44
      The GT version is out: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...gt-sedan-turbo

1.6T, independent rear suspension, larger brakes etc. The article says a hatch version will come later But at first I thought we'll just get the Kia Ceed:

But maybe the U.S. will get this version:

It looks like a slightly lower and swoopier version of the Ceed? I dig it I think his will be the new Forte5.

Official site: https://www.kia.com/kr/vehicles/k3-gt/features.html

21. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '18 RCSB EB F150
      01-13-2019 12:32 PM #45
      Looks like a solid affordable car.
      The CVT is impressive (and Kia's long powertrain warranty makes it less of a gamble).
      Just need to pump in some engine sounds.. yikes.

08-08-2019 01:59 PM #46
      2020 Kia Forte GT Sedan Undercuts VW Jetta GLI By Almost $3,700

Fans of affordable sports sedans, rejoice! Kia has released pricing for the 2020 Forte GT sedan, and it starts from just over $23,000.

More specifically, the exact MSRP is $22,290, but when you factor in the $925 destination charge you end up with $23,215. Not bad for a 201 HP compact sedan that comes equipped as standard with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, a sport-tuned multi-link rear suspension, and beefier front brakes.

It’s a pretty good deal when you also consider the fact that the 228 hp 2020 VW Jetta GLI starts at $26,890 – $3,675 more than the Forte GT! And it’s not like Kia’s 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder gasoline engine lacks grunt. It delivers 201 hp at 6,000 rpm and 195 lb-ft (264 Nm) of torque between 1,500 and 4,500 rpm. While the automaker does not reveal performance figures, it’s not hard to realize that the quickest version is the one equipped with the DCT.

Getting the optional six-speed manual costs an additional $600, so one would have to be really committed to changing gears themselves to get that one. While we’re fans of manual gearboxes, it’s hard to believe many customers will get it given the superior performance, comfort, and fuel economy offered by the DCT.

Speaking of efficiency, the 2020 Forte GT returns 27 mpg city/35 mpg highway and 30 mpg combined. That’s around 2 mpg better than the manual version’s 25/32/28 mpg.

Compared to regular 2020 Forte models, the GT offers more than just a stronger powertrain. Standard features also include a sport-tuned dual exhaust, 18-inch alloy wheels, LED headlights with auto-leveling and High Beam Assist (HBA), smart key with push-button start, and a flat-bottomed steering wheel with paddle shifters (on DCT only) and red contrast stitching.

Standard gear consists of Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Lane Keeping Assist-Line (LKA-Line), and Driver Attention Warning (DAW).

If you don’t care for the added performance, you can always get the Forte GT-Line which looks almost the same but offers significantly less power in the form of a 147 HP naturally aspirated 2.0-liter four mated to a CVT, which can be yours for $21,315 (including destination).

Vehicles
      2019 Mazda 3
      08-08-2019 03:47 PM #47
      That's one hell of a value offering but surprised the manual if more expensive. I also recall driving the Hyundai Elantra hatch turbo and feeling a little underwhelmed with the power. If I recall well, a little punchier than my 2019 3 but nothing to write home.

Regardless, good on Kia for still offering something sporty and manual.

Sent from a telephone while driving

24. Member
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      08-08-2019 04:29 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0_Mazda View Post
      That's one hell of a value offering but surprised the manual if more expensive.
      For better or worse this is where the industry is. I'm kind of hoping the industry coalesces around a good FWD/transverse AWD manual box to keep costs low and keep the option around. Seems kind of dumb for everyone to be making their own boxes, especially when they keep citing cost as a reason to kill them off

I've been seeing a bunch of regular new Fortes running around. Not bad. I wonder how the interior room compares to the Optima. Would not be sad if this wound up killing the Optima off

Vehicles
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      08-08-2019 05:33 PM #49
      That's a good looking package. Sounds like H/K is finally getting the tuning right on these performance turbo engines. Last generation (er.. 2 gens ago?) Kia Forte with the 1.6 turbo was rated at 22/29 city/hwy for both auto & 6MT.

Still a bit behind the 28/38 city/hwy rating for the Civic Si.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2020 Toyota 86
      08-08-2019 06:54 PM #50
      I'm interested to try their DCT. This could be a good next car, cheap-ish without being totally boring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast