Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Printing Photos

1. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q
      01-11-2018 06:02 PM #1
      So for those that are more ambitious than most, and print your photos rather than have them sitting in a HDD (or worse, the camera)...

Who have you found to be the best printers? Costco? Walgreens/CVS/drug stores? Shutterfly?

And do you print all pictures there, or go someplace else for larger prints? 8x10, 16x20, 24x36, etc.

For convenience I've used Costco for 8x10 and smaller. For larger I use BigPhotoHelp.com (there are 4 or so sites all related). My wife usually uses Shutterfly, their "free prints, just pay shipping" specials. I'm not hugely impressed with Shutterfly.
      Making people aware of the Dunning-Kruger affliction. If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious

SRT_______________________________________________ ___________SRT

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      18' Terrain, 14' StingRay, 71' Malibu, 05' Honda VTX, 00' BMW R1100RT, 2 C'Dales
      01-12-2018 12:14 PM #2
      I print most of my own on an old Epson 1270 inkjet printer unless I'm getting a large metal print then I use Bay Photo Lab.
      The paper you use is very important, also the monitor and printer need to be calibrated so what you see is what you get.
      I get great prints with the Epson Archival Matte Photo Paper. Tried the Kodak paper and it was below par.

https://www.bayphoto.com/?gclid=CjwK...hoCR-8QAvD_BwE