VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

"Convenience - All Windows" rolling down doesn't work?!

56K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Giversumgoosies 
#1 ·
I searched the forum for the Atlas and couldn't find an answer, if it has been posted i deeply apologize in advance.

There is apparently a "convenience" setting that is supposed to allow all windows to go down at once - I assume when pressing the unlock button on the key fob (like other VW's as well as my old Honda). I LOVED that feature during the summer. I tried it on the Atlas SEL Premium and it doesn't work.

Is this by design or is there some kind of hack that will enable such a simple but beautiful feature?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I would say it is hidden in menu options and you will have to unlock it by some software.
All windows down is standard on European models of VW as long as they have electric windows. Why they lock that feature for the U.S. market is beyond my comprehension. Same is for BMW and other Euro models. I unlocked that on my BMW, but not on Tiguan.
Probably someone here knows which software is used to unlock those features.

Reactions: joninotown
#3 ·
You can't use the key fob (without VCDS at least) but you should be able to use the driver's side window control. On my Passat I can press and hold the driver's window button down and all windows will go down and sunroof will open. Pull the driver's window button up and all windows and sun roof will close. In the summer I will unlock the driver's door, open it, and then lower all the windows. Not as easy/fast as with the fob, but still better than immediately sitting in a hot vehicle.

#7 ·
The way convenience works from the factory is opening the driver door, pressing the driver's window button and holding it until the all windows roll down, to roll them up you close the door lock the car with your finger on the handle, while leaving it there until the windows roll up. It's definitely ridiculous that this is not activated with the key FOB, that option is only available through VCDS Coding. :screwy:

#11 ·
I just got the new Ross Tech Vag-Com for my 2019 Atlas SEL and i didn't see the VCDs codding in there, but then again i really didn't play with it to much last night. does anyone where i can find it? Please help thank you
You don't need VCDS do this - it's just a feature you can enable in teh opening/closing menu within the infotainment unit. Now to do it with the key fob/remote...then you need VCDS. I've posted my master coding list a million times it seems around the FB groups and here I believe if you search around...it's for OBDEleven but it's the same thing/easy to translate between them.

Reactions: teklegion
#12 ·
Better late than never

This is not, and never has been on any vw model, a safety issue because it "disables pinch protection". That is an excuse dealers have used for years because they cannot do it through their in house systems.

The windows circuitry will go through the same electronic circuitry no matter which way you control the windows. It is built into the electronics and not controlled by the software.

#13 ·
It can be enabled with any of the aftermarket OBDII devices. OBDeleven, VCDS, Carista. I bought OBDeleven for the sole purpose of enabling these "hidden features". Convenience windows via keyfob is just one of many. It works and I like it. Especially on a super hot sunny day. I open all the windows AND sunroof (optional) before getting to the car to let it air out.

#25 ·
It looks like this old thread shifted to talking about auto closing the windows instead of the intent of discussing auto-open of windows.
I can confirm that pressing unlock and then holding the unlock button for a few seconds on the fob will put all windows down on my '21.5 SEL R-Line. Based on the limited reading I did, I didn't think it would function until I got a call from my wife a week ago that she came out from the store and all of the windows were down (fob must have been pressed in her bag as she walked away). I then figured it must work so I tried it out the other day, held the button and down they went. Still have to go into the car and raise them up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.