VWVortex.com - Audi A6 (C7) Allroad bi-tdi
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Audi A6 (C7) Allroad bi-tdi

1. 02-02-2018 12:01 AM #1
      Got myself a C7 Allroad bi-turbo imported from Germany mid-december.

The car was first registered 09/2015, so it’s a facelift model. It’s equipped with a seriously long list of options, including lot of stuff from the Audi Exclusive selection. Car had 48k kilometers on the clock.

Have been seriously impressed with the car. It’s quiet, comfortable, the 325hp bi-turbo 3.0 diesele is absolute dream with the 8-speed tiptronic. And the car also has the optional quattro sports differential

Fuel consumption is on average around 7 litres per 100km, which is great for a barge this size & weight. On highway, at best, I’ve done long trips at 5.6 litres per 100km (indicated).

Anyway, here’s couple of photos.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 07 3x White NB & 08 Yukon Denali XL to tow em
      02-05-2018 11:24 PM #2
      ❤️ Love it. Took me a moment to realize its new home was . I’m sure there’s no better ride for winter commutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      !! opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!

4. 02-25-2018 04:39 PM #3
      Yea, it’s fantastic on the winter roads. Just did a 9 day trip to north Finland (close to lapland). Plenty of snow, darn cold (we got hit by winds staright from Siberia!), icy roads - the whole 9 yards a winter can throw at you.

The car was perfect. On small roads I ran the air suspension high, highways low. Plenty of grip, nice & warm cabin and some sliding when feeling playfull

Had a roof rack for the skis & car packed full.

I have the factory aux heater (uses diesel). I had it coded to heat up the engine block as well as the cabin. This has proved to be really usefull - preheat the car for 30mins before firing up will save you some fuel, warms up the cabin & clears windows.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 07 3x White NB & 08 Yukon Denali XL to tow em
      04-21-2018 11:04 PM #4
      Is the aux heater an aftermarket webasto or does Audi offer it as part of the Siberia package above and beyond the cold weather package?

!! opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!

Vehicles
      2013 Scuba Blue Allroad
      08-21-2018 09:54 AM #5
      Oh wow that thing is incredible!
      2007 A3 3.2vr Lava Grey S-line | Killed in Action
      2007 A3 3.2vr Brilliant Black S-line | Sold
      2013 Q5 2.0t Glacier White | Short Lived
      2013 Allroad 2.0t Scuba Blue

8. 08-24-2018 03:49 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by petethepug View Post
      Is the aux heater an aftermarket webasto or does Audi offer it as part of the Siberia package above and beyond the cold weather package?

Sorry for the extremely late answer, didn’t notice your guestions earlier.

It’s a factory installed unit, which can be controlled through mmi or with a separate remote.

Can be programmed to turn on at a specific date/time, will start automatically if needed to warm up engine/cabin and during can be programmed to ventilate the cabin.

9. 08-24-2018 03:53 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Ponto View Post
      Oh wow that thing is incredible!
      Thanks! I’m really liking the car. I’ve now done approx 20k miles on it and still smile each time I go drive.

I’ve since got factory towbar retrofitted & got a set of 19” wheels for summer. Here’s a fresh pic from a caravan trip we did in july.

And here’s a side shot with the summer wheels.

Vehicles
      2013 Scuba Blue Allroad
      08-24-2018 11:44 AM #8
      Love that you tow with that beast. We're looking at getting a trailor to tow with our Q5, but funny enough my A4 allroad has nearly the same towing capacity.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
      2007 A3 3.2vr Lava Grey S-line | Killed in Action
      2007 A3 3.2vr Brilliant Black S-line | Sold
      2013 Q5 2.0t Glacier White | Short Lived
      2013 Allroad 2.0t Scuba Blue

11. 08-25-2018 01:30 AM #9
      My dad tows with a Q5. It’s a different experience to A4 Allroad, even though the tow weights are close.

Q5 being wider and taller, it breaks the wind much better clearing the way for the caravan. Also Q5 has significantly higher ”ball weight”. My A6 and the A4’s can take 80kg of weight on the ball. The Q5 is 120kg, which is much better.

Much more of a balancing act loading the caravan, to make sure it doesn’t put over 80kg on the ball.

Vehicles
      mk4 VR6, mk4 tdi
      11-01-2018 07:53 AM #10
      Absolutely love it! Probably my dream towing car!!!
      What abouth the sound? Does this thing puts anything out? Or it has soundbooster?
      Daily: mk4 TDI // Project: Blackhawk mk4 2.8 VR6

13. 06-27-2020 11:46 PM #11
      thanks for sharing