VWVortex.com - ALL-NEW 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Makes its Debut at the Chicago Auto Show
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL-NEW 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Makes its Debut at the Chicago Auto Show

Vehicles
      Golf GTI 7
      02-08-2018 11:35 AM #1
      No prices yet.

The all-new Volkswagen brand halo has the space of a mid-sized sedan married to the sleek design of a premium coupe, as well as innovative technology and driver assistance features

Arteon is based off the award-winning MQB architecture
      Arteon features a wide, planted stance, short overhangs, and sleek coupe-like design
      Upscale interior features premium materials and modern design
      268 hp 2.0-liter TSI® engine is paired with a standard eight-speed automatic transmission and optional 4Motion® all-wheel drive
      Standard features include: 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, full LED headlights, Front Assist, Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert, and DCC® adaptive damping
      Available premium features include: Volkswagen Digital Cockpit, ambient lighting, panoramic sunroof, massaging driver’s seat, and Dynaudio® premium audio
      Available driver assistance technology includes: Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Park Distance Control, Park Assist, and Area View
      Class leading 6-year/72,000-mile bumper-to-bumper, transferable Limited Warranty

Chicago, IL – Today, Volkswagen of America, Inc., unveiled the all-new 2019 Arteon at the Chicago Auto Show. Based off the award-winning MQB platform, the newest Volkswagen flagship offers a sleek fastback design, an upscale interior, innovative technology, and available 4Motion® all-wheel drive.

“The Arteon is Volkswagen’s brand shaper,” said Hinrich J. Woebcken, CEO of the North American Region, Volkswagen. “This car is the spiritual successor to the CC, but it is bolder and faster. Arteon has the style and performance of a luxury Gran Turismo for about the price of a fully loaded midsize sedan.”

The Arteon is based on Volkswagen’s Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) architecture, which allows for a more cab-backward design, giving Arteon a completely different look than the outgoing CC. Arteon’s wheelbase is more than 5 inches longer than the CC—111.9 inches compared to 106.7 inches—and is paired with shorter overhangs for more dynamic proportions. Arteon is longer and wider as well, translating into more interior space.

The exterior design immediately sets Arteon apart from its competitors. A true fastback, it harkens more to luxury models with its wide, planted stance and sloping rear roofline. Arteon’s sleek lines are accentuated by standard LED headlights and taillights, a wide chrome grille and frameless side windows. Dual trapezoidal exhaust tips, chrome window surrounds and a rear decklid spoiler all add to the premium feel. Arteon rides on standard 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, with available 19-inch wheels.

Arteon’s refined interior combines high-tech features with everyday usability. Premium materials throughout and trapezoidal design elements give the vehicle an upscale, yet modern feel. The 2019 Arteon sports heated front seats with leatherette seating surfaces as standard, and offers available ventilated front seats, massaging driver’s seat, driver memory, Nappa leather seating surfaces, and heated rear seats.

Standard features include KESSY keyless access and push-button start, 3-zone Climatronic® automatic climate control, and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Volkswagen Car-Net® App-Connect technology that offers compatible smartphone integration with the three major platforms—Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™ and MirrorLink®.

The Volkswagen Digital Cockpit is available, offering drivers a reconfigurable display of key data and the ability to position navigation data front and center for easy viewing. Other available features include Volkswagen Car-Net connected vehicle services; Dynaudio® premium audio; a panoramic sunroof; and a power trunk with Easy Open and Close, which allows drivers to walk up to the vehicle with keys in a pocket or purse and simply kick a foot under the rear bumper to pop the trunklid—closing the trunk only requires a touch of the button.

The Arteon’s technology offerings extend beyond the cabin to include a comprehensive suite of available driver assistance technology. A rearview camera is standard, along with Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist), and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert. Available driver assistance features include: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop and Go; active Lane Departure Warning (Lane Assist); High Beam Control (Light Assist); Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist) including Park Distance Control; and Overhead View Camera (Area View).

In addition, the 2019 Arteon offers a combination of both passive and active safety systems that are engineered to meet or exceed current crash regulations. These systems include the class-exclusive Automatic Post-Collision Braking System and a reactive hood.

The new Arteon will be powered by Volkswagen’s 2.0-liter turbocharged and direct-injection TSI® engine, making 268 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. The power is taken to the front wheels via a standard eight-speed automatic transmission; 4Motion® all-wheel drive is available on every trim level. Arteon features a standard DCC® adaptive damping system, which manages the suspension’s rebound and compression rates individually, helping to improve vehicle dynamics, and a standard Start-Stop system designed to help improve fuel efficiency.

Every Arteon model will come with the People First Warranty, America’s Best Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The warranty provides coverage for six-years or 72,000-miles (whichever occurs first), and the warranty can be transferred to subsequent owners throughout the remainder of its duration.

The 2019 Volkswagen Arteon will be available in SE, SEL, and SEL Premium trim levels and is expected to arrive at U.S. Volkswagen dealers in the third quarter of 2018.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      02-08-2018 12:03 PM #2
      I've seen these driving around, I'm guessing this just its US debut? It's much better looking than the NMS Passat.
      19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT JCW Tuning Kit
      18 BMW X3 M40i
      17 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription P*

Vehicles
      10-speed bike
      02-08-2018 12:07 PM #3
      ew
      previously sirswank
      Join Date 03-17-2003
      Total Posts 7,046
      seagull posting on a forum near you!

5. 02-08-2018 12:08 PM #4
      Nice. They didn't mess with it.

02-08-2018 12:09 PM #5
      That's the best you could do for arteon pictures? What happened to Ryuken??

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      02-08-2018 12:11 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
      I've seen these driving around, I'm guessing this just its US debut? It's much better looking than the NMS Passat.
      You've been here for 14 years and you still don't know that Europe gets new VW models before the US does?
      iain

8. 02-08-2018 12:18 PM #7
      I like everything about except the excessive horizontal bars on the front, and I hate gold and yellow on 99% of cars.

9. 02-08-2018 12:30 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      Nice. They didn't mess with it.
      The jury is still out on that. We haven't seen if it has separate amber rear signals or not yet.

10. 02-08-2018 12:35 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by BeBop! View Post
      Better pics here.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...evealed/page20

Vehicles
      M44/40F20CS65
      02-08-2018 12:42 PM #10
      What happened to Ryuken??
      He's given up on us.

02-08-2018 12:45 PM #11
      I love everything from the front wheels back. That front end has a face that could stop a Rolex dead.
      Matt
      2018 Toyota Highlander SE AWD, Midnight Black Metallic/Black
      2018 Volkswagen Golf R 6-speed, Lapiz Blue/Titan Black
      2018 Four Winns H210 / 5.3L Volvo Penta V8 300 / DPS-A Duoprop drive

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      02-08-2018 12:46 PM #12
      This is far too stylish for the US market. At least based on their current lineup---which is the vehicular equivalent to watching paint dry.

14. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      02-08-2018 12:59 PM #13
      Yep. I still like it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

15. Member
      02-08-2018 01:08 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      You've been here for 14 years and you still don't know that Europe gets new VW models before the US does?
      Yeah, I'm going by the name of the thread:

ALL-NEW 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Makes its Debut at the Chicago Auto Show
      It's poorly phrased, Ryuken needs to get back here for press releases.
      19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT JCW Tuning Kit
      18 BMW X3 M40i
      17 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription P*

Vehicles
      44 cylinders, 19.9 liters
      02-08-2018 01:16 PM #15
      I like it, although I'd like it more if the side badge didn't extend onto the doors- or didn't exist at all. I think with a lip spoiler of some kind it could really be sleek
      "For the sake of making this easier, let's just agree that I know everything and am correct."

2016 security breach victim #129,248. Formerly karlorado
      IG @chipan_dougleville

17. Member
      Vehicles
      small car that does it all, incredibly reliable too
      02-08-2018 01:19 PM #16
      Not sure if I would choose it over a fly like a butterfly Stinger like a Kia? Not that I'd really want to own either though. By the way the weather sucks so much now here in Chicago with 10 inches of snow on the way, I can live without the show
      Last edited by antilock; 02-08-2018 at 01:22 PM.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Tiguan SEL 4MO; 2012 Beetle w/Sunroof
      02-08-2018 02:36 PM #17
      I like it overall, but the front is kind of a mess. The fugly gold isn't helping any.

I still think I like the 2013+ CC more, purely from an exterior styling perspective.

Vehicles
      2018 VW GSW 4motion - 2016 500 Abarth 5MT booty call
      02-08-2018 02:41 PM #18
      The fastback apocalypse continues.

Vehicles
      1996 Porsche 911, 2006 Acura CSX
      02-08-2018 03:32 PM #19
      I might be interested in one when I've completely given up on life.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      small car that does it all, incredibly reliable too
      02-08-2018 03:37 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by KingUnderpants View Post
      I might be interested in one when I've completely given up on life.
      I'd recommend something more like a CUV when that's the case

Vehicles
      '16 GTI, an SUV, E30
      02-08-2018 04:11 PM #21
      Work conflict perhaps?

23. 02-08-2018 07:56 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      I like it overall, but the front is kind of a mess. The fugly gold isn't helping any.

I still think I like the 2013+ CC more, purely from an exterior styling perspective.
      I agree. Event the interior in tow tone in the 2013 CC looks better. The exterior of the '13 and especially the grill is better than the Camry'ish Arteon's grill.

24. Member
      Vehicles
      04 GTI, 03 E46, 17 Cross Trek
      02-08-2018 07:58 PM #23
      I am so glad it looks like that.

Declaring yourself to be a chicken does not make you a chicken - Ben Shapiro

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Tiguan SEL 4MO; 2012 Beetle w/Sunroof
      02-08-2018 08:06 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      I agree. Event the interior in tow tone in the 2013 CC looks better. The exterior of the '13 and especially the grill is better than the Camry'ish Arteon's grill
      at least post an r line brah

i think the arteon loses a lot of the svelte sleekness that the cc had, especially in the rear. tail lights need some swept angles like the 2013+, the arteon taillights are just too square and ho hum. still a nice car though, would buy.

Last edited by puma1552; 02-08-2018 at 08:09 PM.

26. 02-08-2018 08:14 PM #25
      [QUOTE=puma1552;110043561]at least post an r line brah

^That R around the fogs looks blah!

Standard issue looks better, I mean, it was Auto Elegance for crying out loud.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast