VWVortex.com - ALL-NEW 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Makes its Debut at the Chicago Auto Show
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL-NEW 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Makes its Debut at the Chicago Auto Show

02-21-2018 02:08 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 02-21-2018 03:49 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
      Well, there's conformation that I'm a car guy because I don't speak the language but I picked up that he didn't like the Arteon's build quality, such as that hood/fender gap and ugly under skin bonding but he did like a well done silicone job that was ample in size and perfect in firmness.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      02-21-2018 03:53 PM #103
      Russians are notorious for bad taste when it comes to women and cars. And clothing.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

5. 02-21-2018 04:37 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      Russians are notorious for bad taste when it comes to women and cars. And clothing.
      Russia just hollered back

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      02-21-2018 05:21 PM #105
      I love that at 7:50 he shows us how many disappeared anti-patriots will fit in the trunk, and at 8:02, how many dead hookers.
      Quote Originally Posted by Col. David Crockett
      I told the people of my district, that, if they saw fit to re-elect me, I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but, if not, they might go to Hell, and I would go to Texas.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      Boring silver appliance w/rear disc brakes & TuRD Japan shift knob
      02-21-2018 06:30 PM #106
      From what I read, the folks you see in the video are Ukrainian...I suppose that makes a huge difference

8. 02-21-2018 06:39 PM #107
      From what I read, the folks you see in the video are Ukrainian...I suppose that makes a huge difference

Ukraine, "I can see Russia in my house".

It's just a bombs throw away

Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2006 GLI, 1987 Scirocco 16V, 1989 Jetta GL
      03-16-2018 03:11 PM #108
      https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/16/...usauto00000016

- Arteon could get 3.6L V6
      - Shooting brake has been developed; has not been revealed

10. Member
      Vehicles
      F
      03-16-2018 03:44 PM #109
      Saw a red Arteon at the auto show yesterday.

It was surprisingly pedestrian/boring. No wow factor whatsoever in person, even in red. I am disappoint.

03-16-2018 04:05 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post

It was surprisingly pedestrian/boring. No wow factor whatsoever in person, even in red. I am disappoint.
      Your opinion, it means nothing.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      F
      03-16-2018 04:25 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by BeBop! View Post
      Your opinion, it means nothing.

13. 03-16-2018 04:29 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post

I can't disagree. The one at the Toronto show was dark blue and it lacked a lot of wow factor that showed up in the images. I was uncertain after seeing it . . .

Still a turbo VR6 would make that all go away . . .

Vehicles
      2008 Passat Wagon VR6 4motion, 2013 FIAT 500 Sport
      03-16-2018 07:21 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      - Arteon could get 3.6L V6
      - Shooting brake has been developed; has not been revealed
      My head asplode. If an Arteon 3.6 Shooting Brake w/4motion ever goes on sale in the US I might actually want to trade up from my Passat, which I never thought would happen given how automotive trends have been moving.
      - Jeff
      B6 Passat 3.6 & 4motion Resource Thread
      Now: 2008 VW Passat 3.6 4motion Wagon, 2013 Fiat 500 Sport
      Then: 1987 Volvo 745GLE, 1989 Volvo 740GL, 1994 Volvo 940T, 1995 Infiniti G20, 2000 VW Passat 1.8T, 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Ed (x2), 2004 VW Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI

Vehicles
      04-20-2018 09:46 AM #114
      Arteon R! (Or should they call it ArRteon? R-teon? Rteon? Rawrteon?)

https://www.vwvortex.com/news/get-rs-...around-corner/

16. 04-20-2018 09:56 AM #115
      Arteon R! (Or should they call it ArRteon? R-teon? Rteon? Rawrteon?)

https://www.vwvortex.com/news/get-rs-...around-corner/
      If this is true, it'll be awesome. Turbo'd VR6 Arteon would be nothing short of epic.

Vehicles
      07 GTI Fahrenheit, 08 TR R32
      04-20-2018 10:39 AM #116
      While a good number of automobile manufacturers have already announced, or are very seriously considering, discontinuing their larger 4 door sedans due to poor sales, VW, in typical fashion, comes 5 years late to the party with a tarted up version of their CC, a car which never sold well and depreciated rapidly after leaving the lot. They are positioning this car in the upscale market, the same market they are abandoning by dropping the Touareg.

I don't see this going well.

18. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      04-20-2018 10:44 AM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by luckeydoug1 View Post
      While a good number of automobile manufacturers have already announced, or are very seriously considering, discontinuing their larger 4 door sedans due to poor sales, VW, in typical fashion, comes 5 years late to the party with a tarted up version of their CC, a car which never sold well and depreciated rapidly after leaving the lot. They are positioning this car in the upscale market, the same market they are abandoning by dropping the Touareg.

MQB means that they don't have to sell as many to make a profit/break even. It's also a worldwide car, so there's that. Will it make a profit, especially in the U.S.? I don't know, but it will have a better chance than the CC.

Personally I'm glad it is (may be?) coming, even if it isn't in my future. A 300+ hp great looking coupe/sedan thing in the market is a good thing. If it were to come with a manual (it won't) it would be even better.

Oh, and my vote is Rteon.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

19. 04-20-2018 10:53 AM #118
      Yeah this car isn't big at all. Maybe 5 series size, more likely A5 Sportback/Accord size. So not what you would clasify as a large sedan. We'll see on pricing . . .

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 A4 Limousine, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      04-20-2018 10:56 AM #119

Tell me about this "party" that was going on in 2013 that VW missed

Vehicles
      LS & Bags...
      04-20-2018 11:01 AM #120
      6:36-6:52 would prove you otherwise.

you can all thank me later.

Vehicles
      2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
      04-20-2018 11:10 AM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by madrussian View Post
      6:36-6:52 would prove you otherwise.

you can all thank me later.
      Fake boobs = instant fail.
      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

Vehicles
      LS & Bags...
      04-20-2018 11:30 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post
      Fake boobs = instant fail.
      im not looking for marriage material.

Vehicles
      04-20-2018 05:14 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      Yeah this car isn't big at all. Maybe 5 series size, more likely A5 Sportback/Accord size. So not what you would clasify as a large sedan. We'll see on pricing . . .
      The Arteon is bigger than the A5 Sportback and smaller than the A7. I think it's just about the "perfect" size for a halo model for VW: it's large inside and has lots of trunk space, but it's not huge.

You're missing a few marks here.
      1. Manufacturers have started considering discontinuing large sedans. Very few (none that I can think of) have actually done so (yet).
      2. Liftback/fastback cars are gaining lots of interest in the marketplace. Stinger GT, A5 Sportback, etc. While buyers of traditional sedans are moving to SUVs, there's probably a decent market for those who don't want one and would like a more stylish car.
      3. The CC wasn't popular because it was less practical. When introduced it only sat 4 people, rear headroom was compromised, and the trunk opening was small. The Arteon has significantly more headroom, the rear doors are larger, it seats 5, and the liftback gives more trunk space with a huge opening.
      4. The styling/design looks much more upmarket than the CC. I've seen this car in-person. I've sat in it. I've opened doors/trunk/hood and poked around it quite a bit. I've even stared at it for extended periods of time in person. I'm completely serious when I say that photos do not do this car justice. When you see the car in-the-flesh it looks substantially more upscale than the CC. The CC looks cartoonish compared to the Arteon. I truly think there will be quite a few people who will look at the Arteon that have never considered a VW before. It is leaps and bounds better than the CC. In fact, the only thing that it has in common with the CC is that they're both 4 door coupes with dramatic styling. VW was smart in changing the name: this car is in a different league than the CC.

25. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      04-20-2018 06:01 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by madrussian View Post
      im not looking for marriage material.
      Why would that matter?
      It is still a no-go.

Unless it is one of those drug and alcohol fueled binge things.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

26. Member
      04-20-2018 06:12 PM #125
      The Arteon is bigger than the A5 Sportback and smaller than the A7. I think it's just about the "perfect" size for a halo model for VW: it's large inside and has lots of trunk space, but it's not huge.

You're missing a few marks here.
      1. Manufacturers have started considering discontinuing large sedans. Very few (none that I can think of) have actually done so (yet).
      2. Liftback/fastback cars are gaining lots of interest in the marketplace. Stinger GT, A5 Sportback, etc. While buyers of traditional sedans are moving to SUVs, there's probably a decent market for those who don't want one and would like a more stylish car.
      3. The CC wasn't popular because it was less practical. When introduced it only sat 4 people, rear headroom was compromised, and the trunk opening was small. The Arteon has significantly more headroom, the rear doors are larger, it seats 5, and the liftback gives more trunk space with a huge opening.
      4. The styling/design looks much more upmarket than the CC. I've seen this car in-person. I've sat in it. I've opened doors/trunk/hood and poked around it quite a bit. I've even stared at it for extended periods of time in person. I'm completely serious when I say that photos do not do this car justice. When you see the car in-the-flesh it looks substantially more upscale than the CC. The CC looks cartoonish compared to the Arteon. I truly think there will be quite a few people who will look at the Arteon that have never considered a VW before. It is leaps and bounds better than the CC. In fact, the only thing that it has in common with the CC is that they're both 4 door coupes with dramatic styling. VW was smart in changing the name: this car is in a different league than the CC.
      I just wish the inside was a bit more dramatic, it's like they spent all the money on the outside.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast