VWVortex.com - Stingray is gone, in comes ZE KERMIT | Audi/Porsche fans come on in...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Stingray is gone, in comes ZE KERMIT | Audi/Porsche fans come on in...

1. Member
      02-15-2018 10:22 PM #26
      Can't wait to see your pics of the car after it's thoroughly detailed (which I expect will be soon given your history!).

What a great color. Worth it for that alone.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      ‘77 Ford Bronco ‘85 Toyota 4x4 ‘87 930 ‘07 BMW e91 ‘08 Xterra
      02-15-2018 10:39 PM #27
      I'm a little disappointed it doesn't have orange interior like a certain blowhard's Audi S5.

Vehicles
      E39 M5 | 987.2
      02-15-2018 11:27 PM #28

5. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      02-15-2018 11:36 PM #29
      I know there will be upgrades, but in all honesty if you thought the steering in a Z51 was "numb" how will this be much different? I get the color, and it's a beautiful car inside and out, but I don't think it'll touch the Corvette at speed on a track. Straight lines will be fun, though I think overall it's a downgrade. Not my purchase though, and so if it makes you happy then enjoy it!

Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Reflex Silver GLI, '99 Jetta Wolfsburg (RIP)
      02-16-2018 12:01 AM #30
      Love the color, and I’m sure you’ll love it.

Did you consider a 718 base? You can find those used in the 50k range as well, although the interior isn’t as high brow, I’m sure the driving experience is good. (I haven’t driven one, but have driven the new TT)

Vehicles
      '15 BMW i3 REX, '16 Audi TTS, '13 Viper GTS
      02-16-2018 01:45 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      I do not physically posses enough thumbs to tell you how much I approve of this. I was stoked when I saw the teaser picture on Instagram.

I think you and Lia made a great choice. These cars are fricking awesome, and that color is fantastic.

I can't wait to hear all about what you're going to do, and see some better pictures.

Big, big

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by eli10 View Post
      Geeeesuussss! I am looking for my next ride, 2 doors only and was pretty set on a blue BMW M2.....

This is making my brain hurt as this is the only other ride I've seen that has spoken to me the same way...
      I bet M2 is a better car to drive in every measurable category, but I'm not super keen on their looks, and BMW interiors have bored me to death lately--everything just looks the same in every car.

Quote Originally Posted by Atl-Atl View Post
      Oh yes. They are such monsters with minor mods. Green Monster? Not like Viper level of monster but engine tune/dsg tune and they are ridiculously fun/fast.
      I'm looking forward to this. I'd assume the audi may be a little lighter than the R?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post

Cool pickup OP. Some guys have Exclusive ordered Viper Green on the new RS3 as well, looks great. The world needs more green
      Agreed, I've always wanted a green car. I kinda wish it was metallic, but it'll do

Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post

So you have just the remainder of the factory warranty left? Just curious.
      I'd imagine it has Audi's 4 year/50k mile bumper to bumper, so being as the first owner bought it in Feb 2017, and it only has 5k miles on it, I'll be good for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Accidental L8 apex View Post
      Green is only behind orange for me, but that color has some provenance, so extra sweetness. And TT coupes have always been a fave. Nice choice.

I drove my Dad's 3.2 TT hours after finishing an autocross in a highly prepped, but still FWD, MKII 16v GTI and nearly gave him a coronary "flat footing" out of every corner. Between that and me color commentating just how amazed I was at how much it could take out of corners while mid-corner means I haven't driven it since.
      My dad would have beat me relentlessly

Quote Originally Posted by Fined View Post
      Nice. Great color. TTS is a tremendous value as a used proposition. I loved my mk2 TTS even moreso than the TTRS which replaced it. With a downpipe and a tune it was a beast. I'm sure this new generation is that much better.
      It really is, the ol' depreciation game is brutal. I paid 20k off sticker for a 12 month old car.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
      Congrats. I loved the Mk1 TT, was lukewarm on the Mk2 TT, but I'm warming back up to the again with the Mk3 models. Like you said, it's a great daily driver even if it isn't as nimble feeling as the Porsche.

I was just talking with a friend about BMW employee vehicles. He said management used to be rather strict about colors and wanted employees to pick black, white or silver cars so they were easy to resell at the 5k mile mark. But one time he threw a hail mary pass and ordered a ridiculous orange Z4 35is with manual transmission and white interior. And someone at corporate approved the order! Months later when it arrived, the car got pulled out of rotation by someone at corporate for a special event. He figures it was used for a marketing display. It then ended up at a local dealer where it sold in 2 days. Someone got themselves a unicorn Z4.

You'd think that these crazy color cars would be hard to sell. Which in many cases is true as they are more difficult to sell to the masses. But on the other hand, keen enthusiasts who are looking for something different absolutely love these unique color and unique spec cars.
      I think the dealer that bought this car banked on it being a high margin resell as its a very "special" car. But no one even knows what a TTS is, or actually how nice they drive (at least none of my car going friends), so I'm not surprised they sat on the car for 3 months and took almost 10k less than they originally listed it for.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      Interesting. I feel like you're going to end up getting bored with this car. Anyways, enjoy!
      Could be. Then we'll just sell it and buy something else. Variety is the spice of life

Quote Originally Posted by Ttone74 View Post
      Return it and demand a TTRS instead... I didn’t know Golf R’s got so expensive?

Sweet color!
      I will demand TT-RS as soon as my AC breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post

I would never pick a front heavy Audi over a Cayman....but that's just me.
      If we only cared about track prowess we wouldn't of bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      I don't know if I could ever go from a V8 to anything smaller based on sound alone. But if this works for you OP, then good on you.
      I will say the sound leaves a lot to be desired--although the fake 5 cylinder esque piped in soundtrack fools you pretty good on the inside. Lia likes her cars loud and she's like; "lets get an exhaust!", **I run over to google to listen to sound clips of aftermarket catbacks... "Please no dear."

Quote Originally Posted by NoXenons View Post
      OP has automotive ADD But life is short. Drive what makes you happy.
      This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by rammalammadingdong View Post
      not fussed about the kermit part, but dat interior.........
      I love my flat bottom steering wheel.

Those vents....
      Those seats....
      Oh man

Quote Originally Posted by Nourdmrolnmt View Post
      Did you buy a car formerly owned by Jack Baruth?
      Who?

Vehicles
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      02-16-2018 01:53 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post

I will say the sound leaves a lot to be desired--although the fake 5 cylinder esque piped in soundtrack fools you pretty good on the inside. Lia likes her cars loud and she's like; "lets get an exhaust!", **I run over to google to listen to sound clips of aftermarket catbacks... "Please no dear."
      These engines sound pretty good with just the APR Stage 2 package like you posted earlier. Intake, downpipe, and the software. Keep the stock catback behind the new downpipe and it will sound mean but not too loud.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Viper, Prior: 2006 Gallardo Spyder, 2001 Miata, 2006 Corvette, 2008 Ninja 650, 1999 Lexus GS400
      02-16-2018 02:16 AM #33
      It's a good thing you've got one of the manliest cars ever made to balance out the "hairdresserness" of your new purchase
      "Plenty of poseurs drive all sorts of sports cars, but poseurs won’t survive the Viper"-Car and Driver

Vehicles
      02-16-2018 02:24 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by 300_munkeys View Post
      Can't wait to see your pics of the car after it's thoroughly detailed (which I expect will be soon given your history!).

What a great color. Worth it for that alone.
      God I hope its not swirled to sh*t, and I don't have to go OCD on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      I'm a little disappointed it doesn't have orange interior like a certain blowhard's Audi S5.
      Who. Orange interior, green car?

Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      I know there will be upgrades, but in all honesty if you thought the steering in a Z51 was "numb" how will this be much different? I get the color, and it's a beautiful car inside and out, but I don't think it'll touch the Corvette at speed on a track. Straight lines will be fun, though I think overall it's a downgrade. Not my purchase though, and so if it makes you happy then enjoy it!

Again, if we bought cars strictly based on track performance, then... I'd still have my Viper and Lia would be in an Exige.

Quote Originally Posted by MN Mongo View Post
      Love the color, and I’m sure you’ll love it.

Did you consider a 718 base? You can find those used in the 50k range as well, although the interior isn’t as high brow, I’m sure the driving experience is good. (I haven’t driven one, but have driven the new TT)
      I told Lia lets go look at one, but she told me; "ew aren't those the new 4 cylinder porsches? blasphemy." To which i replied; "What do you think the TTS is?". Then I got a look, and I shut up and went back to lip syncing my seinfeld re-runs.

Vehicles
      02-16-2018 02:26 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by thetopdog View Post
      It's a good thing you've got one of the manliest cars ever made to balance out the "hairdresserness" of your new purchase
      I'm gonna be in there like this;

12. Goes in two directions RAVatar's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      02-16-2018 02:47 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch
      Who. Orange interior, green car?

SH, they're referring to Jack Baruth. He writes for "The Truth About Cars" now and used to post here regularly with a fiery personality. He burned up a couple of usernames before we stopped hearing from him. He special ordered an Audi S5 when it debuted, in a quite horrendous exterior/interior combo.

The green itself is fantastic, but combined with those seats on a relatively subdued design like the S5...hard, hard, hard ****ing pass.

Also, can't wait to see the detail and subtle improvements on the titties...er, TTS.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist
      The forks I grew up eating with only had 3 prongs. This is probably why I'm so miserable and angry all the time.

Vehicles
      '15 Golf, '17 GSW 4Mo
      02-16-2018 06:11 AM #37
      ^I'm probably in the minority but I love that color combo! It reminds me of one of my Sonett diecasts

OP, I absolutely love the dash in these. By far the best in the VAG lineup, clean, easy to use, but it's crammed full of goodies. If you have VCDS steering feel can be adjusted, along with tons of other little settings. Also very jealous of the color.

Vehicles
      2013 GTI / 2017 GTI / 68 Chevy C10
      02-16-2018 07:19 AM #38
      Manual 6 for my tastes, but nice looking car.
      2017 Mk VII GTI 2013 Mk VI GTI 1974 Kawasaki H2, 2008 Honda CRF150R

Vehicles
      2019 Tiguan SE 4M, 2010 GTI, 2001.5 Passat, 2010 Civic, 2006 Pilot
      02-16-2018 07:29 AM #39
      Nice! That smooth ball knob has the best in-hand feel of any VAG DSG shifter, IMO.

Vehicles
      7 Speed RGASM
      02-16-2018 07:43 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by NoXenons View Post
      OP has automotive ADD But life is short. Drive what makes you happy.
      He definitely does. And he's lucky to be with someone who has the same automotive ADD that he does.

I have the same affliction, but sadly, alas, my wife does not want to support my habit.

I will just live vicariously through SH.

2018 Golf R - mine, mine, all mine.
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

Vehicles
      7 Speed RGASM
      02-16-2018 07:56 AM #41
      Is it weird to be a passenger in the TTS and not have a central screen?

I wonder how my wife would feel about not being able to see even what radio station, pod cast, etc that was on...

I know its a driver focused car, but I wonder if that attention is at the expense of passenger 'comfort'.
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

18. Member
      02-16-2018 07:58 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
      God I hope its not swirled to sh*t, and I don't have to go OCD on it...

Again, if we bought cars strictly based on track performance, then... I'd still have my Viper and Lia would be in an Exige.
      Corporate car? Probably got washed weekly in the local swirl-a-lot.

You got rid of your viper??? Or you mean the first one?

19. Member
      Vehicles
      991 Mexico Blue GT3; F90 M5
      02-16-2018 08:30 AM #43
      Absolutely awesome OP. I can’t get enough of Porsche PTS colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2017 STI
      02-16-2018 08:42 AM #44
      That color is awesome and I love the design of this gen TT. Doubt I'd take it over a Cayman but hey, enjoy it!
      I like bikes.
      Gone: 2010 VW GTI

Vehicles
      4-door Mustang GT 4.6L
      02-16-2018 08:52 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
      SH, they're referring to Jack Baruth. He writes for "The Truth About Cars" now and used to post here regularly with a fiery personality. He burned up a couple of usernames before we stopped hearing from him. He special ordered an Audi S5 when it debuted, in a quite horrendous exterior/interior combo.

The green itself is fantastic, but combined with those seats on a relatively subdued design like the S5...hard, hard, hard ****ing pass.

Also, can't wait to see the detail and subtle improvements on the titties...er, TTS.
      Also a quite horrendous engine as well....

Vehicles
      RS3, 997TT, Raptor
      02-16-2018 08:53 AM #46
      Congrats on the new car. Color works pretty well on the TT-S.
      ‘18 GT3 touring
      ‘18 RS3: APR stage 2, BBS CI-R: 10.72 @ 130.5
      ‘18 Raptor crew cab
      ‘09 997TT 6MT: 65mm VTGs, 730 whp E85
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3s, C6 Z06, 991TT-S/GT3, etc

Vehicles
      7 Speed RGASM
      02-16-2018 08:57 AM #47
      There are certainly some interesting, recent CPO TT-S for sale out there.

Hmm.....

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 G70 6MT; 2005 S2000; 2016 GTI; 2017 Volt; 2003 XC70; 1966 GTO
      02-16-2018 09:30 AM #48
      I like your car, but am I supposed to know who "Lia" is? Or that you used to own a Corvette?
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBLUV401 View Post
      I am not here for grammer lesson's

02-16-2018 09:46 AM #49
      Great looking car! And thanks for picking it up in a proper color.

Chris
      | 2017 Elantra | 2018 JLU Sport | 2013 C-Max Energi | 2001 BMW 740 iL | 1974 SuperBeetle | 1962 Ford Unibody | The poster formerly known as 200HP4dr

Vehicles
      mk4 futura 1.8T GTI, mk6 CW GTI, awd outlander sport
      02-16-2018 09:49 AM #50
      so that everyone is up to speed: you went from a miata... to this: So-about-that-wrecked-Miata-replacement-we-went-a-bit-left

...to an auto front wheel drive (bias) TTS?... in a span of 9 months time automotive ADD is right.

i mean, the green is fantastic . looking forward to your thread in mid-summer when mia/you really want a convertible again and buy something else .
      praise the lowered
      ¡save manuel!

Originally Posted by George Bluth >>
      It's so obnoxious when VW Golf/Jetta owners comment

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast