VWVortex.com - MIB2 PQ retrofit DIY
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIB2 PQ retrofit DIY

1. 08-20-2018 11:09 PM #26
      So I'm almost there. But still can't get the bloody mic to work. My car a 2015 Passat doesn't have the bt under the seat it has it in the arm rest instead. Tried following Patrick's post replicating what he did under the seat but to no avail. Just can't figure out if it doesn't go to the head unit and doesn't go to the bt. Where the hell does it go!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2013 GTI wolfsburg Carbon Steel / Canadian model
      08-21-2018 08:53 PM #27
      if you had the navigation (RNS510) , the mic is directly connect on the rear of the radio. (Green connector 12 pin).

4. 08-21-2018 11:08 PM #28
      Discover media question about volume levels:

In my case, the Android Auto media volume vs all other volumes (radio, BT audio, whatever...) is low. I.e. I always have to double the volume setting when I switch to Android Auto media, then turn it back down again if I switch back to FM radio, in order to get what sounds like consistent volume to my ears. I'm not sure whether the Android Auto media volume is low, or the rest of the volumes are high. My guess is that the rest of the volumes are high - even at only 25% volume, the radio volume is extremely loud.

I know there is a Quiet/Medium/Loud setting in the UI for BT audio (or Low/Medium/High, can't remember). I have to set it to High to be close to the radio volume, and even then the radio volume level is still noticeably louder.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change volume scales or do some other adjustment in VCDS or otherwise to help make the volume levels between different sources more consistent?

I wish/hope there were a volume Low/Medium/High setting for the radio like there is for BT audio...

I also do not know of a way to raise Android Auto media volume on the phone side. If someone knows of such a thing, that would be an effective (but still not optimal) solution too.

Sounds like Devious has a similar loud volume...

5. 11-30-2018 01:50 PM #29
      I went to the junkyard and picked up a composition media mib2 std. Installed it in my mk5 gti. Got component protection. Went to VW they couldn't do it saying it couldn't connect through odis. Saw that I needed a can gateway upgrade. So I grabbed one from a 2012 gateway and same thing. I later found out I need a 2016 and newer can gateway. But didnt they combine the gateway and bcm in 2016

6. 04-05-2019 11:43 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by straightsaabn View Post
      I went to the junkyard and picked up a composition media mib2 std. Installed it in my mk5 gti. Got component protection. Went to VW they couldn't do it saying it couldn't connect through odis. Saw that I needed a can gateway upgrade. So I grabbed one from a 2012 gateway and same thing. I later found out I need a 2016 and newer can gateway. But didnt they combine the gateway and bcm in 2016
      Did you ever have any luck getting it to work ?

7. Member
      Vehicles
      12 Golf R
      04-10-2019 08:44 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Roof4u View Post
      Did you ever have any luck getting it to work ?
      also interested
      USAF

Vehicles
      R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion
      04-10-2019 09:33 PM #32
      The CECM & CCM were combined, not Gateway. The dealerships will never get an MIB2 PQ units working due to the VW servers kicking back cause the head units were not available in PQ cars before 2016.

Gateway required : 7N0907530AN or higher for 5F access

5F access & for Highline RVC: 7N0907530BC or higher
      Current: R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion

Past: MK2 GTI 16v, MK4 GTI VR6, MK4 Jetta, B3 Passat GLX Wagon VR6, B3 Passat GLX Sedan VR6, B3 Passat GL Wagon 16v, B3 Passat GL Sedan 16v

Vehicles
      Past: 2008 GTI, 2012 Golf R. Current: 2015 A3 2.0 (hers), 2019 Golf R (mine)
      04-14-2019 10:47 PM #33
      FWIW, since this was my original post... I traded my 2012 Golf R for a 2019 this weekend, so my MIB2PQ is for sale. In mint condition, and with the original harness and adapters. $1250 OBO. Hit me up!
      2019 Golf R DSG Lapiz Blue

Vehicles
      2013 Golf R 1989 S50 swapped E30
      04-15-2019 01:22 PM #34
      I really wish I had the cash for that right now.
      Flickr
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Knappy View Post
      We really need breeding standards like they have with dogs.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      I remember when people modified their Volkswagen to enhance the driving experience. What ever happened to Fahrvergnugen? Bags are for kids that grew up watching Pimp My Ride. Turbo is for all of us that enjoy actual motorsport.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12