VWVortex.com - 2018 GSW Sunroof leak
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Results 326 to 339 of 339

    Thread: 2018 GSW Sunroof leak

    1. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2018
      Posts
      26
      Vehicles
      2018 Sportwagen
      04-22-2019 04:51 PM #326
      Been almost two weeks now since getting the car back. It's been parked outside constantly, and we've had quite a bit of rain. So far, no stains on the headliner. I need to check the spare tire well and make sure nothing is accumulating back there, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
      That said, Sunday morning I got in the car to find HEAVY condensation on the inside of the windshield. Not just a fog, but water droplets. So there was something wet in the car somewhere.

      Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. 04-22-2019 06:52 PM #327
      Quote Originally Posted by slobird View Post
      Been almost two weeks now since getting the car back. It's been parked outside constantly, and we've had quite a bit of rain. So far, no stains on the headliner. I need to check the spare tire well and make sure nothing is accumulating back there, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
      That said, Sunday morning I got in the car to find HEAVY condensation on the inside of the windshield. Not just a fog, but water droplets. So there was something wet in the car somewhere.

      Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
      That condensation on the windshield is not a good sign unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong - but as you said definitely wet somewhere inside the car You should let the dealer/vwoa know immediately.

    4. 04-23-2019 01:10 AM #328
      Dropped off our 2018 Alltrack SE, purchased Dec 15, 2018, at the nearest dealer this past Saturday after contacting and opening a ticket with VW customer care and doing a 3 way call with the dealership. Noticed wet area, A-pillar driver side on April 14. Looking closer found additional staining on headliner surrounding the pull handle and above sun visor plus some small areas around sun visor on passenger side. All the areas were very faint, nothing like some of the posters have pictured. Did not see anything surrounding the B, C or D pillars although there could have been and I just missed it.

      The wife said the dealership called back today with a list of what all they were replacing, she mentioned to me carpet, headliner, A-pillar covers (D & P) plus some other things that she could not remember. I need to call them in the morning and hear the "fix" for myself.

      Did anybody's seem to produce an odd smell after awhile?? After I saw the wet area on the A pillar on Apr 14 the interior just seemed to smell different not sure if it is related to the headliner or something else.

      Really like the car and trying to keep positive about it, we will see.

      Cheers
      Last edited by Andy A; 04-23-2019 at 01:38 AM.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2015
      Posts
      626
      Vehicles
      2018 Golf Alltrack SE 6MT, 2000 Golf GLS 1.8T (sold)
      04-23-2019 06:40 AM #329
      Quote Originally Posted by Andy A View Post
      Dropped off our 2018 Alltrack SE, purchased Dec 15, 2018, at the nearest dealer this past Saturday after contacting and opening a ticket with VW customer care and doing a 3 way call with the dealership. Noticed wet area, A-pillar driver side on April 14. Looking closer found additional staining on headliner surrounding the pull handle and above sun visor plus some small areas around sun visor on passenger side. All the areas were very faint, nothing like some of the posters have pictured. Did not see anything surrounding the B, C or D pillars although there could have been and I just missed it.

      The wife said the dealership called back today with a list of what all they were replacing, she mentioned to me carpet, headliner, A-pillar covers (D & P) plus some other things that she could not remember. I need to call them in the morning and hear the "fix" for myself.

      Did anybody's seem to produce an odd smell after awhile?? After I saw the wet area on the A pillar on Apr 14 the interior just seemed to smell different not sure if it is related to the headliner or something else.

      Really like the car and trying to keep positive about it, we will see.

      Cheers
      My 2018 SE had similar faint staining in the same area (first the driver side A-pillar, then passenger side on the second occurrence). Mine never felt wet to the touch or produced any smell. But others have reported a smell. You should pass on your concerns about mold to the dealer and VW Customer Care.

      After a lazy diagnosis of clogged drains, my car leaked again and my dealer decided to perform the roof weld repair (TBD if this was successful). You should quiz your dealer about this repair if they don't mention it themselves.

      Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

    6. Awaiting Approval
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2018
      Posts
      8
      04-23-2019 09:16 AM #330
      2019 GSW and 4 weeks in I have stains on my a pillar.

    7. Awaiting Approval
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2018
      Posts
      8
      04-23-2019 01:58 PM #331
      my 2019 just started leaking. 4 weeks old and the first day with hard rain. awesome.

    8. Member scirockalot8v's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2006
      Location
      724
      Posts
      14,504
      Vehicles
      17 Alltrack SEL, 18 Tiguan SE 4Mo, and 79 F150/ex scirocco, mk4 and mk5 owner
      04-23-2019 06:32 PM #332
      Well my alltrack has been dry...my wife's tiguan, not so much. Both car were out in the same storm. I got in the tig to move it and saw all the water. I was afraid what I was going to find in the alltrack. To my surprise it was dry. Dealer text me yesterday saying it might be 10 days to get a new seal. Guess none in the US right now??..

      Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 30th, 2013
      Location
      PQ Canada
      Posts
      176
      Vehicles
      2018 Wagen 6MT 4MO
      04-23-2019 08:28 PM #333
      Sometimes I tell myself: this leaking roof situation all around the VW products is maybe the Karma that hits VW for the dieselgate and all that story.


      But then I tell myself. No, karma is not hitting VW. Because if those leaking roof would cost VW that much money, they would have stop selling those car to us well before.

      Karma is a bi*ch

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2013
      Posts
      192
      Vehicles
      93 Passat - 97 Passat - 07 Golf - 07 Jetta - 13 Jetta - 17 Golf R - 18 Alltrack
      04-24-2019 12:12 AM #334
      Got mine back from the dealer today. They said they found that the rear, right drain tube was leaking, so they replaced both rear tubes, water tested it, no new leaks, put a new headliner in and now I wait see if they fixed it.

    11. 05-13-2019 01:57 PM #335
      Stop me if you guys have heard this before, but I'm about to bring my 2017 Alltrack back to the dealership for the third time for the pano (first the sunshade was jammed, second was leaking/waterspotting). We had some pretty heavy rain over the last few days. When I get in the car to drive it yesterday, both A pillars were soaked, multiple other wet spots around sunroof behind it, plus water was literally dripping from the overhead console onto the shifter.

      Called up VWOA and explained the incident to them per suggestions on the forum. The agent said that because the care is less than 2 years old and still under the new car warranty, its potentially eligible for a buyback but I am not going to hold my breath.

      I have no idea what to do at this point. The sad part is otherwise I love the car, but I'm concerned about mold/mildew, resale value, recurrences, etc. I'm wondering if I should just cut my losses at this point and move on.

    12. Member scirockalot8v's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2006
      Location
      724
      Posts
      14,504
      Vehicles
      17 Alltrack SEL, 18 Tiguan SE 4Mo, and 79 F150/ex scirocco, mk4 and mk5 owner
      05-13-2019 03:00 PM #336
      If it's not a hassle for you, let them try to fix it. They should replace all that is damaged. We are in the same boat now with our 18 tiguan. It leaked, got fixed, but they never cleaned the carpet. So now it reaks. They have it now and are going to clean it....they should be replacing everything down to the steel.

      Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2015
      Posts
      626
      Vehicles
      2018 Golf Alltrack SE 6MT, 2000 Golf GLS 1.8T (sold)
      05-13-2019 05:24 PM #337
      Quote Originally Posted by alltrackdad View Post
      Stop me if you guys have heard this before, but I'm about to bring my 2017 Alltrack back to the dealership for the third time for the pano (first the sunshade was jammed, second was leaking/waterspotting). We had some pretty heavy rain over the last few days. When I get in the car to drive it yesterday, both A pillars were soaked, multiple other wet spots around sunroof behind it, plus water was literally dripping from the overhead console onto the shifter.

      Called up VWOA and explained the incident to them per suggestions on the forum. The agent said that because the care is less than 2 years old and still under the new car warranty, its potentially eligible for a buyback but I am not going to hold my breath.

      I have no idea what to do at this point. The sad part is otherwise I love the car, but I'm concerned about mold/mildew, resale value, recurrences, etc. I'm wondering if I should just cut my losses at this point and move on.
      That sounds like a looser standard for a buyback than others have mentioned. You might ask for more details on that. Considering your story, maybe they know you're approaching lemon law status.

      What was your dealer's diagnosis for your previous leak? Unless you have great trust in their work, I'd consider trying to get your car replaced with an S model.

      Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 30th, 2013
      Location
      PQ Canada
      Posts
      176
      Vehicles
      2018 Wagen 6MT 4MO
      05-13-2019 08:15 PM #338
      You can now add my name on the long list of sunroof leakgate members.

      I knew It would happen some day but jeez not that fast. Car has less than 8000km (that’s around 5k miles) and 6 months old.


      Yesterday I saw some water in the spare tire compartment. I had my appointment this morning at dealer for the rear springs recall so I asked them please give drains a good check since carpet under spare is damp.

      Dealer said’ drains were partially clogged. They unclogged it they told me....

      But it’s when I was back home 30 minutes ago I realized the big stains on the rear ceiling trim (large like half width of the car, under the spoiler ) I didn’t noticed yesterday. And carpet is still damp.

      I’m really pissed right now.

      Will bring the car back to dealer ASAP to have the trim replaced and a good cleanup.

      Will also call VW CANADA.
      Last edited by Polochon; 05-13-2019 at 09:14 PM.

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 4th, 2015
      Posts
      174
      Vehicles
      2017 GSW
      05-16-2019 05:24 AM #339
      My first 2015 MK7 TDI had a leak. (I started a thread awhile back) Pano frame was replaced and never leaked after.

      Traded it in with the whole dieselgate scandal.

      Picked up a 2017 TSI and that one leaked as well.

      Had the frame replaced on the 2017. It's been almost a year and no signs of leaks. No creaks or rattles. I did have to lube the pano roof frame seal as that had a bit of a squeak. It's all good now!

      Other than that mine's good to go.


    Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •