VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS: 1992 VRT Corrado Burgundy Show Car

18K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  DieGTi 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD, PLEASE DELETE MODS!!

Well the time has come... I've loved this car immensely and I wish I had more time to play with it, but life has gotten in the way. I've been moving all around the world for over 6 years now and it isn't slowing down any time soon. For those that don't know the car, here is just a small laundry list of the big ticket items, but you can read through the build or ask questions for the small parts.

Build Page https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4924252-Burgundy-Build

Condition: The car has been garaged since it was built, started often and driven very little. It has a brand new forged motor, that has not even been broken in yet. I have about 1-2 hours total of run time and maybe a half mile on the motor. The car starts right up, but it is having trouble under boost. It's misfiring under load and I've done everything from new plugs, wires, coil pack, MAF, Crank position sensor.. just haven't pinned down the misfire. If you don't get into boost you don't even feel it at all, so it must be something stupid... aside from that the car runs tip top.

Engine: JE pistons, Integrated Engineering Rods, ARP headstuds, hardware, all new bushings, seals, head has been completely gone through, new valves, springs, retainers, dipped, painted. Literally every part of the drivetrain gone through. Fuel system, walboro inline pump, Adjustable FPR, Innovate wideband (not wired in but installed in the car).

Schimmel SRI

Engine Management: C2 42# set up

I/C: Schimmel A/W set up

Kinetic T3T4 turbo... lots of other parts.. where to begin?....

Body... well just look at the pics. Pulled, shaved, smoothed.. all of the above really. All done at Straightline Auto Werks (SLAW) Not pictured are the new A4 handles. New weather stripping, seals, hinges, door stops.. Driver window is hung up on something too. I think it's just caught on something inside, but the window is down.

Interior: From the late, great Yohannes, build by Kipp Love at Loves Trim

Suspension: Airlift Air Ride Auto Pilot

Wheels: Choose.. Stock mesh BBS, Chrome ABT A4s, Unfinished ABT A9's (5x100)

Price drop: $15K

See less See more
#4 ·
would you take a more reasonable offer since you are selling it with an unknown running issue. basically you want 20k for a sports car I cannot get into that much bc the turbo causes running issues. its beautiful for pictures but I would offer you around 12k unless you can fix the boost issue

#5 ·
Hey I'm interested as well. Been out of the Corrado game for a while but looking to get back in.

Sort of echo the last post - any update on the misfiring issue? I'd be willing to entertain the price if that was corrected or there was some resolution on the horizon?

#7 ·
Is this car in Texas now, I see San Antonio in your profile? How many miles have you put on it since you posted this ad? If you're in Texas I need to come see it! :thumbup::beer:

#10 ·
142k on the body, but every bit and bolt has been gone through. I have part receipts, but I did most of the work. 3 Owner’s including me. I have owned it since 2008, it was all stock. 95% Labor was done by me and hubbell. BMXRADO painted it. If you know corrados at all, you will know this has been taken care of by the best in the community.

#16 ·
Wow, can't thank you enough for that article! The car is actually in Massachusetts.. (Air Force moved me again) But it has been garaged since I've owned it.. and honestly it needs to be driven. This is by no means a trailer queen. I just have been so busy with deployments, pilot school, moving.. it doesn't deserve to sit in the garage. Thanks again (I'm open to offers)

#21 ·
Has/ is the car being started and rolled around ? I'm kinda interested, but cars that sit need tires and all kinds of seals., and love to make them happy again
Car has been sitting on OEM BBS wheels. The ABT’s are in a finished basement with brand new tires. The car gets started, driven around the neighborhood and then put away every month or two. I’m sure you could knit pick and find some rubber piece that has some wear, sure. But you can come see it in person... the car is what it is.

#25 ·
I honestly don't think it would be a major issue to fix. I don't claim to know it all but from my experience, I've seen issues relating to fueling (aux. fuel pump, filter, lines), spark plug heat range and gap, issues with engine plumbing. This is presuming that all the components work well and I am guessing they would on this car. It's just a matter of spending a bit of time on it and experimenting. This car is of amazing value. I have $12-$14k invested in mine and it has a ways to go before it can match this car.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.