VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Anyone using OBDEleven?

195K views 1K replies 128 participants last post by  Hawkeye9723 
#1 · (Edited)
Atlas OBDEleven adventure thread

I see the Ross-Tech thread but nothing I can find here on OBDEleven. Some info over on the Atlas FB group convinced me to order it from ECS...$80. Looks like I can get my compass this way, offroad display (but that sounds like it may cause other issues) as well as gauge sweep. Seems to be app driven/easy to use. Anyone here using it? What did you use it for? Go!

#211 ·
Hello Atlas people
Is anyone knows how to prolong a running time for remote start from 10 minutes to 15 or so?
I have a 2019 SE with Tech
Any help will be really appreciated
Thank you in advanced
10 minutes is max, hard coded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#213 ·
Need help with 2021!

So I purchased the OBD11, inserted to OBD, turn the acc power on, did the app for the gauge sweep, turned the power off the car, removed the OBD11. Went to turn on the car on and NOTHING. So I then turned the car off put the OBD11 back in to make sure it was active and it was. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have a 2021 Atlas SEL.

#215 ·
So I purchased the OBD11, inserted to OBD, turn the acc power on, did the app for the gauge sweep, turned the power off the car, removed the OBD11. Went to turn on the car on and NOTHING. So I then turned the car off put the OBD11 back in to make sure it was active and it was. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have a 2021 Atlas SEL.
Also be aware gauge sweep on the AID only shows up in certain situations. If you open up the door and immediately turn on the car nothing. It’s an immediate change.

https://youtu.be/JobS3afR4jA

#214 ·
You need to wait for the electrics in the car to completely shutdown. So shut it off, leave it for a minute and when you see the dashboard goes off then try again.

#216 ·
You need to wait for the electrics in the car to completely shutdown. So shut it off, leave it for a minute and when you see the dashboard goes off then try again.
I tried that too, I checked the adaptation as well to make sure it was active and it wasn't the app. I turns off the vehicle and left and let it sit for a few mins before I returned and nothing...I must be doing something wrong.

#220 ·
So maybe I missed it here, but at the VW Atlas forums, I came across a video that was posted where the person mentioned changing the traction on the 4 motion that made it feel a little more like AWD. It was

22 - All Wheel Drive
Adaptation
Acoustic measure wiring logic
Change from Standard to Increased Traction

I tried it and it does feel like I get more push from the rear than normal. The question is, what effect with this have on my mpg.

#225 · (Edited)
#228 ·
Just as an aside, I wonder if a more aggressive Haldex setting puts more wear or stress on the fluid and would justify more frequent Haldex oil changes.

My 4Motion is in the factory setting and it seems to me that I can already feel some push or shove from the rear axle and/or less strain on the front wheels than you'd expect from 266 lb-ft, so I'm not sure I personally see a reason to dial up the Haldex setting.

#229 ·
B/c the Haldex works as you give it gas - it's not a "it has to slip then it sends power" - Haldex gen 5 has some predictive bits in its programming and if you watch the Haldex activity as you drive with OBDEleven, you can see it's active unless you are cruising or coasting/slowing down. So when you pull out and give it gas, the rear is getting power. The fluid in the Haldex is just acting as a hydraulic fluid that the pump pumps to apply pressure to the clutch so I suppose the more active the Haldex is the more the fluid breaks down but it's working most of the time anyway so even if this change does something it's not like it's going to significantly impact the fluid vs. the regular setting.

#230 ·
DRLS stay on with blinker

Will this work with our cars? It keeps the DRL's on when turn signals are on. I have a Cross Sport but has anyone tried this on their Atlas? I used this coding for my MK7 GTI and it works for that.
Thanks!

Avoid Dimming LED Lights when Blinking
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
(12)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunction E2
Select: not active
(12)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunction E3

#231 ·
Will this work with our cars? It keeps the DRL's on when turn signals are on. I have a Cross Sport but has anyone tried this on their Atlas? I used this coding for my MK7 GTI and it works for that.
Thanks!

Avoid Dimming LED Lights when Blinking
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
(12)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunction E2
(12)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunction E3
Would this work on the Atlas (18-20) since the DRLs and the turn signals are the same light, just a color change?

#234 ·
OBDeleven next gen pro can't access all Atlas control unit modules

I purchased a 2018 Atlas SEL R-line a couple weeks back. I've now purchased the next gen OBDeleven pro dongle to use with my Iphone. My original goal was to enable High Beam Assist. However, upon learning how to use the tool, I noticed that the OBDeleven was not reading all control units that are on this vehicle: A5, 2B, CA, D6 and D7. These control units are selected in the Gateway and are showing with a green background. However, when I do a full scan and dump of the data, none of these modules report any data. Also when I try to select any of this modules to program, it gives me an error: Control unit not responding. Check ignition and try again. I've tried all kinds of combinations of things to attempt to remedy this without any luck. Anyone else had this or similar issue and solved it?

#239 ·
One wire you can take out from battery
At least on 2019 model
System looking for 12v and more, if it's less this future is not activated or a/c is on low temp or heater on hi
Will try to take a picture of the correct wire later today

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

#242 ·
That can happen even when enabled, the manual describes scenarios where this can happen. This isn’t a result of coding.

#248 ·
Like I promised before
This is a wire which you can disconnect to disable auto start stopSent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Thanks for this! After trying multiple ways to disable start/stop in obdeleven the start stop continued to function on my '21 until I unplugged this wire.

Obdeleven is great for other stuff:

Removed seat belt warning
Unblocked infotainment menus while driving
Lowered the cold/ice temp warning
Remember heated wheel and seat settings
Comfort close sunroof
Throttle response
Add disable DRL option to menu
Change gauge color
Early adaptive lane tracking

Maybe I missed it but does anyone know how to turn off the "Engine running" warning when you open the drivers door?

I thought it might be this one, but didnt work:
Adaptation
Control unit: 17 Dash Board
Name: Ignition active message, actuator
Values:
Old value: Driver door
New value: No display

#244 ·
I use Carista for all this changes. It's limited compared to OBDEleven but ok for now
I sow a FUEL CAPACITY CALIBRATION in Carista and its -12.8 liters
Just wondering if anyone nows what to do with this to have proper information about our tank capacity
Thank you

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

#249 ·
2021 Atlas. I want to enable the single-side parking lights. Has anyone accomplished this? I contacted the OBDeleven help desk and they could not help. :(

🍺

#252 ·
2021 Atlas. I want to enable the single-side parking lights. Has anyone accomplished this? I contacted the OBDeleven help desk and they could not help. :(

[emoji481]
I’m going to see if what I did with the Tiguan I had will translate over. Just picked up an Atlas last night after trading in, and I love and need SSPL. My mod doc for the former Tiguan is in my signature (need to add : and the . to access) and has the steps and variations used. Hoping it translates easily since it’s the same platform.

#253 ·
Anyone go into 4B Long Coding and enable Highway lights on their Atlas?

#255 ·
[mention]mnoury [/mention]did you have to run Basic Settings after enabling? When you get to past 68 mph do you see the beam lengthen?

I see you have AFS enabled and others enabled that I wouldn’t expect to work, since the Atlas doesn’t have headlights that move with steering input. I know with rain light on the Tiguan I just traded in the driver side light would swivel inward and down (noticeable with fog).

#266 · (Edited)
Ok, so got the fronts working for single side parking light. Just think I have the wrong selection for the rear lights. Anyone know the correct Luechte value for left and right outer rear tails? Or by chance any ROW Atlas owner that has Single Side Parking Lights able to share their 09 admaps? I’d love to pour through them to see what I can find.

#267 ·
Ok for Single Side Parking light I believe I found the issue as to why the rears don’t light up. Thinking through this the rear of an Atlas behaves differently than a Tiguan. For the Tiguan the outer rear tail not only is the brake light but it acts as the turn signal. Well the Atlas has separate amber turn signals so for the coding of BR20 LA71 and BR21 RC8 just need to be on when necessary and to act as a brake light. If you look at Dimmwert AB the lights are set to 127. As Lichtfunktion A 20 and Lichtfunktion A 21 are the Brake Lights. If you use Lichtfunktion F 20 and F 21 respectively for SSPL the Dimmwert for EF is set to 0. If set to 127 I expect this function to work. It’s late so don’t have the opportunity to change, but thinking through this is the issue as why those that have tried to get SSPL to work only see the front lights active but not the rears. I’ve provided good, clean admaps that helped me think this through. Now just time to test.

[mention]Savvv [/mention]what do you think?