Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: New to Atlanta, looking for the local scene

Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI, 1966 Dodge Charger
      02-21-2018 11:43 AM #1
      First time VW owner ('15 GTI Autobahn 6M), just got to the northeast side of Atlanta last week for job relocation and hoping to find some enthusiasts in my area. Would be nice to have some locals who could show me where meets and shows are in town and to get some advice or turn wrenches from time to time.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      87 Scirocco GTX
      02-21-2018 08:52 PM #2
      Welcome.
      If you don't mind saying, where specifically are you at?

My gang is the Athens VW Club.
      We have monthly GTGs out there, but we also gather in Barrow, Jackson and Gwinnett counties. We also have an occasional Tech Day.
      https://www.facebook.com/AthensVWGTG/
      There are other local groups and I am sure they will pop in with their 411.

Mav.

Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI, 1966 Dodge Charger
      02-22-2018 09:52 AM #3
      In out in the Vinings/Smyrna area, not far from the baseball stadium. Still learning my way around town so I'm not totally familiar with neighborhoods just yet.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 06-06-2018 05:08 PM #4
      I just move to loganville

Vehicles
      2016 Golf R
      06-07-2018 02:23 PM #5
      check out DurtyDubs on facebook, as well as mk7 - atlanta mk7 club, between two groups there will be plenty to do. Welcome to ATL.
      Sarajevo, Horde Zla, Bog i Carsija

8. 01-22-2020 01:18 AM #6
      Hi there! I saw your post when checking around for new Atlanta MK7 based topics on Google. Hope you have found our Facebook group ATLMK7.

We also have a website available at ATLMK7.com.

For Sunday funday we start by cruising to Caffeine and Octane the first Sunday of the month from the top deck (Target) at the Prado in Sandy springs. Meet 5:30 AM roll out by 6.

Directly after we meet at the Chevron in Dahlonega ( 5461 S Chestatee, Dahlonega, GA 30533) at 9AM for a spirited drive through the mountains of six gap. For anyone not familiar, this includes places such as Blood Mountain, Wolf Pen Gap, and Suches.

We get back right in time to enjoy a well deserved frosty boi at Atlanta Brewing Co (Formerly Red Brick Brewing) in W. Midtown the first Sunday of the month at noon. If you miss CnO or the drive, come by anyway! It is one of the best recurring events around.

We also have diverse meets around the metro Atlanta including game nights, meals, parties, and mountain bike runs.

The site gets updated periodically; Facebook is unfortunately still the de facto & fastest way many of us interact.

Hope to see some more of you out here soon!