VWVortex.com - My new project: '83 Quantum Coupe
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My new project: '83 Quantum Coupe

Vehicles
      1992 Corrado SLC, 2017 Passat 3.6 SEL, 2010 Audi A4 P+ (totaled), 1997 Jetta GLS (sold)
      03-03-2018 05:25 PM #1
      I picked up this coupe last week from the classifieds on here. I drove ~500 miles round trip to get her home. Not in the best shape on the outside and the 1.7 is seized. I bought her with the intentions to restore myself and to hone my body working skills.

It's a 1.7 gas 5 speed with 171,000 miles. Electric windows (that work), electric mirrors, A/C, but no cruise control. Since the motor is assumed to be toast until I really tear into it, I was thinking of putting the 5 cylinder in it which I was hoping you all could help me out and let me know how the mounting compares to what I have. It's definitely going to be an intense project for me, but I really like the coupes.

Sorry the pictures aren't the best. I'll get more soon.

Daily: Sepang Blue 2016 S4 Prestige, 6MT, B&O, Tech Package, Full ADS, Sport Diff, APR Stage 1, VMR V710 19x9.5 ET43
      Project: Classic Green 1992 Corrado SLC VR6 OBD2, Autotech 262 cams, FK Coilovers, Girling 60 Dual Piston Calipers, Stainless Brake Lines, Poly Bushings all over, BFI Motor Mounts, Borbet Type A 16x7.5 et20

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 04-05-2019 02:59 PM #2
      Hi,

I am new to the forum, but I have been on the look out for a Coupe as well. Don't see any pics of your car here, but maybe I'm missing something?